• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see your opinion
My Spider-Man movie love interest ranking would probably be:

1: Gwen (Webb) (Her dynamic with Peter is a highlight of the movies, and are responsible for most of the best moments of TASM2. Emma Stone's chemistry with Andrew Garfield really shines through consistently)
2: MJ (MCU) (Made this spot pretty easily after NWH. If she comes back in future movies, she could potentially make the top spot if that sort of quality is maintained)
3: Ursula (Raimi) (Easily the most likeable out of love interests in the Raimi Trilogy, with her interactions with Peter always being very wholesome. Her lack of importance and screentime in the main storyline of the trilogy, plus her interest in Peter remaining one-sided, keeps her from getting a higher ranking)
4: Liz (MCU) (Gets a decent amount of development over the course of Homecoming, and seems likeable enough, but then completely disappears from the MCU's events afterwards, except for a blink-and-you-miss-it background reference in No Way Home that could have been interesting to get some expansion on, if not for the fact that NWH had enough going on already)
5: Betty (Raimi) (Has a few memorable moments over the course of the trilogy, but doesn't have enough screentime for real character development, and technically, she barely qualifies as a love interest)
6: Gwen (Raimi) (Introduced in a movie that already had way too much going on, and mostly seemed to exist for the purpose of adding additional unnecessary drama to the story)
7: Mary Jane (Raimi) (Comes across as more annoying and less sympathetic than the story intends her to be, and her drama-filled subplots are behind what I consider to be some of the weakest parts of the Raimi trilogy, with those factors getting worse as the trilogy goes on. Plus, her habit of getting kidnapped by the main villain for the climax of every movie in the trilogy gets old fast. Despite her prominence to the main story, the writing doesn't make very good use of that and causes her significant screentime to work against her for this ranking)

Honestly though, I probably would place Raimi Trilogy Mary Jane in last place if I were to rank the love interests across all three of the Spider-Man movie series.
She decided to not go to her own wedding and be with Peter instead. She didn't even inform anyone she just sent a note that arrived during the wedding when everyone was waiting for her. And the poor guy seemed to be genuinely nice too.

Fun fact: Gwen asked if grounding his webs worked, Peter flatly stated no, seems like magnetizing them was the only trick that worked, and Gwen used that to boast why she was number 1 in Midtown and Pete was number 2. Too bad she's dead now, so Pete's number 1.

Meaning, Electro's lightning does't care if you're grounded or not, if it hits you, and he's royally pissed and you don't have basic insulation protection, you're D-O-N-E ******.

Fun fact: Gwen asked if grounding his webs worked, Peter flatly stated no, seems like magnetizing them was the only trick that worked, and Gwen used that to boast why she was number 1 in Midtown and Pete was number 2. Too bad she's dead now, so Pete's number 1.

Meaning, Electro's lightning does't care if you're grounded or not, if it hits you, and he's royally pissed and you don't have basic insulation protection, you're D-O-N-E ******.
Well, looks like grounding isn't an anti-feat for getting struck by Electro's lightning bolts anymore

How i sleep knowing The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will never happen despite the massive influx of support for the hypothetical film. I doubt Sony would even go back doing The Amazing Spider-Man Series when they already have Tom's Spider-Man who was already teased with a new trilogy in mind alongside the liberties of being within Marvel Cinematic Universe right under their pocket. Also take into consideration The Amazing Spider-Man series was a disaster. It was only a disaster because of them, not the director Mark Webb or any of the fantastic staff working on the films but Sony themselves. Even Spider-Man 4 is more likely to happen due to Spider-Man 3 recently gaining much more praise throughout the years while The Amazing Spider-Man 2 never got the same liberty as Spider-Man 3.
CrvFHzmXYAAy7V6.png

How i sleep knowing The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will never happen despite the massive influx of support for the hypothetical film. I doubt Sony would even go back doing The Amazing Spider-Man Series when they already have Tom's Spider-Man who was already teased with a new trilogy in mind alongside the liberties of being within Marvel Cinematic Universe right under their pocket. Also take into consideration The Amazing Spider-Man series was a disaster. It was only a disaster because of them, not the director Mark Webb or any of the fantastic staff working on the films but Sony themselves. Even Spider-Man 4 is more likely to happen due to Spider-Man 3 recently gaining much more praise throughout the years while The Amazing Spider-Man 2 never got the same liberty as Spider-Man 3.
CrvFHzmXYAAy7V6.png
ONCE AGAIN AVI ARAD, **** YOU.

TBH he didn't really address that, he says that curing Doc Ock, Sandman and Connors was pointless because they never died or were already cured in their movies. But doesn't say anything about Electro or Gobby not dying he just says they didn't want to have their powers taken away

how i sleep knowing that when Doc Ock returned in No Way Home, that means even with Peter's words and him letting go of his dream, he still lost against his Mechanical Arms and takes him over again.

The argument of Green Goblin not wanting to be cured doesn't make perfect sense either, Norman very much wanted help and it was only the Green Goblin persona that didn't. Additionally even if Electro didn't want his powers taken away he would probably not die since his death was literally due to him being overcharged with too much electricity.

CrvFHzmXYAAy7V6.png
Maybe someday Sony and Disney would be willing to work together to create a conclusion for the Tasm series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back