• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soon is E3... So let's make a bets.

If deciding between Microsoft and Sony I would pretty likely choose Microsoft.

Nintendo gives me new interesting games with at least good game mechanics.

Microsoft despite not having EXCLUSIVES, are still have pretty economy via gamepass and PC.

Sony gives only exclusives and even exclusives are making their way to PC.

Though truly, exclusives are only thing which atm for majority is the factor between those 2 I guess. Though the only exclusive for this moment I find interesting is ratchet and clank and that's it.

At this point, my mind is just desperately clinging on and hoping for a reveal of Titanfall 3

There is literally no reason to buy a console imo.
Nintendo stopped putting out exclusives that made their system a worthwhile buy, they were the only one who really made it feel worth it. Soulsborne and Spider Man aren't worth dedicating an entire machine to and anything I would want to play from MS is on PC

Before I get "these comments" you can build PCs without GPUs and no miners aren't the main problem. There's a supply and more importantly industry wide silicon shortage. You won't be able to play everything ofc but the vast library of older or indie games makes up for that tenfold.

People keep boasting about how everything is accessible on PC, meanwhile i am here actually having fun with motion controls, the satisfying vibrations with every good punch, the general premise and the fact that i can literally take it anywhere and still be capable of enjoying it with a friend. Sorry but i ain't taking a gaming setup to the toilet/car trip/to lay on the bed.
I like my nintendo swtich console for that, it just feels authentic. I just don't care enough to deal with all the emulator setting up and shiz where people say "oh it's easy" proceeds to post a few paragraphs worth of explaining which 90% of the time doesn't work.
Not to mention that I've fun playing mario kart 8 with my father, it'd take me quite some time and effort to set up sth like this for PC, meanwhile rn i can just turn on the switch, take the controllers and roll, nothing else needed.

I'm not gonna argue for the rest of the consoles as i don't have them but I'm pretty sure they have their own points.

Another thing is, i travel often, like not just travel, like actually moving from country to another and staying there. I don't have a proper stable home, i ain't gonna have this infinitely accessible PC setup where i would've been able to play any game i want due to experience in emulating them... A swtich however, can fit into one of my inner coat pockets.

The only thing the Switch lacks is more processing power, Nintendo has basically created the ultimate console. Both Playstation and Xbox are long obselet and are kept alive through exclusive games and a "low" entrance point (You pay fewer bucks for a instant set up ready for gaming compared to the more hassle prone PC)

@Arceus0x

Not here to convince or tell you otherwise, but Laptops exist son.

@Arceus0x I generally agree, especially when it's not so easy to play games through emulator. I remember I tried to use n64 emulator it was a big agony. Dolphin emulator is unexpectable easier.

@Arceus0x

Not here to convince or tell you otherwise, but Laptops exist son.
Tbh laptop is at one point is good but from other it can at least discharge quickly. It's especially feels during a trip from at least one city to another.

People keep boasting about how everything is accessible on PC, meanwhile i am here actually having fun with motion controls, the satisfying vibrations with every good punch, the general premise and the fact that i can literally take it anywhere and still be capable of enjoying it with a friend. Sorry but i ain't taking a gaming setup to the toilet/car trip/to lay on the bed.
I used to think this but honestly a $350 android phone can do well enough while also being multipurpose. Even then in the long term the Switch is competing with Android and Android emulators. Like your situation right now also isn't something thats generally applicable, an exception I guess. Not to be rude.
I like my nintendo swtich console for that, it just feels authentic. I just don't care enough to deal with all the emulator setting up and shiz where people say "oh it's easy" proceeds to post a few paragraphs worth of explaining which 90% of the time doesn't work.
Not to be an asshole but we don't live in the early 2010s anymore. Unless you're running 7th Gen Emulators on extremely old hardware then there really shouldn't be any issues with emulators. Here's a overinflated/priced 1650 super prebuilt doing it lol. Even then I'd rather be reading every now and again if it means I can save a bit of money and future proof my purchases or downloads.

I bought all the parts for my current build before COVID really kicked in for like 2K USD btw. Now my GPU costs almost double that lol.

Yeah tbh after getting my first legit PC this year, I've been barely playing my Switch.
Aside from much higher power, I enjoy the large customization compared to consoles in terms of controllers and emulation is becoming a much less expensive and viable means of preserving older games then buying ports

Oh Microsoft are showing Stalker 2

Russians are satisfied (except for me, because I want psychonauts 2)

I used to think this but honestly a $350 android phone can do well enough while also being multipurpose. Even then in the long term the Switch is competing with Android and Android emulators. Like your situation right now also isn't something thats generally applicable, an exception I guess. Not to be rude.
Yeah but mobile games are not really selling it in terms of game exclusives

I just think Nintendo's business practices are strange enough I can't help but to watch and encourage.
I mean what's more strange then charging 60+ dollars for 10 or above year old games from the Wii, GameCube and N64 era with barely any changes to them? It's so lazy, and I'm already annoyed by their mediocre online service

I mean what's more strange then charging 60+ dollars for 10 or above year old games from the Wii, GameCube and N64 era with barely any changes to them? It's so lazy, and I'm already annoyed by their mediocre online service
Yeah, once Nintendo is at the top of the industry they be anti-consumer, once they are down and on the way back up they try hard again, it's a cycle

Yeah but mobile games are not really selling it in terms of game exclusives
Give me SoTN, GTA SA, and Dreamcast emulation and we're golden.
That and mobile games are chalk full of microtransactions and other corporate BS which infests the industry like a group of cockroaches
Don't buy into or download those games. I don't because its all a money vacuum for toddlers.

I mean selling your switch won't really help besides if anything can cause shifts in this industry it is e3

Not to be broken record but Its funny that a free fan game based on a fallout/mlp fanfiction is still better than something Bethesda is actively selling people.

Slime Rancher 2 (should probably play first part, at first), Some snowboard game, a trailer with Russian song (I guess RPG), a trailer of game with sprites but with some sort of 3D space (kinda weird but at same time looks kinda funny), an update of game where we play as liliputs (grounded), AMOGUS, some jrpg, a strategy game after so long time (age of empires 4), the outer worlds 2.

Aight so..

I do have a laptop. A >1000$ laptop. It has 4GB ram and yesterday it had a hard time running A hat in time at 48 fps. This is after i got a new disk for it, before it got repaired it couldn't properly run FNF.

Doesn't help my situation now does it?

I guess i am an outlier, i don't have access to the stuff y'all have. Still, i guess I'll cease as there's really no point for me to argue as we pretty much live in heavily different situations.

No Laptop out there right now comes with 4gb of RAM at over 1000 USD let alone 500. Windows 10 alone is eats up half of that running basic system processes. Hate to say this but someone probably screwed you over really bad if you recently got that second hand. Would help if I knew more about the specs though or when it was made.

Just to emphasize how bad 4gb is heres a screen grab of my PC in task manager, only thing I have running is task manager. I've taken the time to close out as many background processes as possible too. RAM is honestly the one part of my build where I cheaped out in. While I do have 32gb of RAM, the read speeds are pretty ass.

Oh it's not second hand. Currently it runs fine. Hollow knight runs smooth, fnf runs at 60fps, minecraft sometimes tops at 40fps and has minor lag as it loads mountains and shiz.
So it is not the worst, but definitely has issues.

That's to be expected with PC admittedly, unless you buy a decently powerful pre build PC or build one yourself it may not always live up to expectations. Which is alright if you don't want to do either, I think both platforms have equal validity for gaming I just don't like crap like paid online or exclusives

RDT_20210613_2243554159500275332633124.jpg

Tfw kill chaos

Back