• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Fairy Tail downgrade

It is. It is a consective barrage of punches. Works the same way as Gomu gomu no Gattling/Storm. Has been accepted for ages on this website

Iirc nobody has actually calculated a Gomu Gomu no Storm attack so that's a bad comparison. I'm neutral on this however.

@knight

Narutoforums calced Gomu Gomu no Storm against Crocodile and Elephant Gattling Gun against Noah. These calcs are useless now because of the upgrade, but they were accepted previously

I don't recall ever seeing any of those calcs used here. 8-A came from Croc and I don't think we even bothered with EGG. But if this feat is done with multiple shots then I'd suggest asking a calc member about it. I'm not sure how we go about that.

@Knight

He's talking about Narutoforums. It's really blurry in my head, but I believe the calc for Storm was brought here in some manner, because I remember Cin saying something about it.

That said, I'm not sure if we can equate a barrage of punches / attacks to a normal move in terms of power.

Most attacks, even singular punches, take some time. So if the consecutive barrage doesn't take much time(it took like a few seconds there) AND is a named technique there really shouldn't be a problem with it. Hell, I'd say Luffy's Elephant Gattling is more debatable since it took quite a lot of time.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I don't recall ever seeing any of those calcs used here. 8-A came from Croc and I don't think we even bothered with EGG. But if this feat is done with multiple shots then I'd suggest asking a calc member about it. I'm not sure how we go about that.
Divide the result by x amount of punches apparently that's what you're suppose to do

@Theglassman12 It's not that I was impatient. It's that everyone agreed with Huesito88 without there being any proof of his info

@Huesito88

I mean... eh alright. Hope I didn't offend you, never planned to call you a liar, just wanted to make sure.

I still disagree, but since the majority is of this opinion I guess there's nothing I can do...

It is probably best if you ask some calc group members to comment here.

So that would make the low end result 6.22479529254 Tons for the low end, 12.4495905851 tons for the high end.

So High 8-C to 8-B.

I still don't really agree with this. Attack Potency, as stated even on this wiki, is the amount of destructive capacity a character can produce. Natsu produced this amount of damage. This would still mean that when he goes all out, he can produce that much damage, and that people who can withstand Natsu at his max can also withstand this amount of damage.

AP is also decided by characters being able to harm other characters with a certain level of durability. Characters weaker than Gajeel have taken attacks from Gray, who has a baseline 8-A feat while still recuperating from injuries and not at his best. The fact that Natsu beat the shit out of him at all should put him at baselines 8-A at the very least.

Of course, I didn't mention that because it doesn't really have much to do with this current situation.

I just find it silly that this 1 feat should be an exception to the whole system, despite it being used in other instances.

Attack Potency as a whole is usually measured by using a character's "strongest output".

The same thing is with Natsu. His attack should translate to normal AP, since it was his maximum output. Hell, all of that was just 1 named move.

We could go about this another way. With his secret art, Natsu achieved this level of power. If people are so stuck up on using it because of this attack being a barrage of punches, then we could use the argument of:

Natsu's secret arts should be equal in power, and his other secret art(arguably his strongest) is 1 attack, so it should scale to this one, which scales to Natsu and the gang.

Combined telekinetic energy output and destruction caused by physical strikes are two completely different things.

Alright, maybe Tornado was a bad example. My statement still stands though.

I guess we just gotta wait until the calc group members clear this up.

@Captain Arbitrary sort of gave his two cents on the matter. You can ask him again to reply if you want.

The reason why it isn't an 8-A feat is because it was done with multiple attacks.

If he did that with a single attack it would be different. If you say that it's 8-A AP, you are basically saying that the first attack had that yield, then all the consecutive attacks packed 0 J of energy.

Alright, then:

Natsu's secret art deals this amount of damage via consecutive punches. Natsu's other secret arts should deal equal or above damage. Natsu's other secret arts are single attacks so they can be used.

In that case Natsu's other top tier moves should scale to this move, which should scale to the characters

Back