• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

Karlos sighs, looking at the now broken beer bottle.

"Is there anyone here that can fix this?"

"....I'm confused and have no idea what's going on, but I'm okay with that!" The endless ball of positivity known as Kisetsu says with a smile, still infinitely confused by what has happened in this room.

Karlos catches it.

"Huh."

He begins to chug it, but still listening to the conversation at hand. He wonders about what this unlimited power is.

@Faruel1998

"You can call me Astraea. And you seem reliable enough, I was moreso referring to some of the others here, you can probably guess who."

“Then I would have nothing to aspire to! That’s stupidly boring. Try something else.”

Crossing his main pair of arms. He leaned forward a little as if waiting for a response.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"Wait if it will give us infinite power after solving this problem, why don't you give yourself infinite power and solve the problem? And if infinite power was not capable, that would cause a paradox"

Karlos thinks about that, seeing vast and luscious landscapes, all while eyeing them from the beauty of his boat. The adventures he used to go on felt so boring, but now maybe it could change.

"I can go behind seeing the landscapes you were talking about."

"Unlimited power seems unnecessary anyways. I do have to wonder what you would classify as such a thing, though..."

“Unlimited power sounds vauge, can I have one of these ships?” “Or at least like the stuff to build one?”

@Faruel1998

"A pleasure to meet you as well. And you're rather tall you know, isn't it a bit inconvenient getting around and entering buildings and such at that height?"

As I’m walking home from the store, I see a strange fog, it slowly creeps down the street, blanketing the world with its red haze. I start feeling nervous and increase my pace, I don’t want to have an episode in the fog. Up ahead is a woman stark still, holding her dog on a leash. She looks a bit odd, so I tap her on the shoulder… and it falls.
“EEK!” I let out a quick yelp.
When I tapped her, it was like pressing my finger through rotten fruit, and with just the slightest touch, it broke down and fell away into a fleshy pile on the floor. While falling, the arm had hit what was her dog, causing its structural integrity to break down and be collapse as well. Then, with one of her arms missing, the woman’s corpse began tilting, falling to the ground and splattering across the street.
“Wh-wh-wh-what?” I stare at what just happened, not quite believing it, holding my hand to my mouth. Then I feel something dripping, I move my hand away and look at it.
“No, nonono, stop! NO! DON’T!”

I wake up in a bed.
An unfamiliar ceiling…
I look around.
Where am I what the hell, hellhellhell?
I grab some of the food, but then put it down. I don’t have the appetite after what I saw. Instead I drink some water, take my medication, and put a mark on the lid. With nothing else to do, I look out the window in the door and see the two men out there. I listen listlessly as they answer the other people’s questions.
They’re all dead?
I tear up a bit.
Eventually, the two men mention letting us out, and sure enough, the door opens.
I look into the gaping hole.
Fog… why does there have to be more fog.
I take a moment, settle myself, then…

I wake up on my feet. I look around, I’m standing in a room I don’t recognize, with a door leading to a foreboding fog before me. I rub my eyes… they’re wet.
Was I… crying?
I don’t want to go through the fog, so instead I sit on the bed for a bit, and think.
Okay… I went to the store, and last thing I remember I was at the butcher, so what happened from there?
I pull out my medication and look at the lid.
The mark’s still there, and it hasn’t faded at all.
I’m supposed to take my medication every eight hours, but it’s not too uncommon to lose track, so I mark it with a special pen that fades off the plastic after about that long.
If it’s fresh, that means I already woke up earlier and took my pills.
My mind feels clear now, so the butcher was probably around an hour ago? What happened since then?
As usual, trying to remember doesn’t help, and this time there’s nothing about my situation that could help me figure it out other than that maybe I was kidnapped.
Then the only option is…
I stare at the door. The fog.
Several minutes pass, then I turn away.
Not yet, breathe deeply, let’s eat something and calm down.
I eat the food sitting on the table. It was good. I feel satisfied. Relaxed.
I stand up, I stare at the door, at the fog, take a couple minutes to steel myself, and step in.
By the time I enter the room with the others, my body is trembling slightly, but I quickly calm it down.

DJ looks at the new guess. He smirks at her.

"Hey. Finally awake, are you? I'm sure you have some questions of what's going on, so ask away."

S looks at her weird however. From the way she trembles, and given his senses, he can even identify medicine on her.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks her.

Karlos looks at the new guest into their spaceship as well. Walking over, he looks at this individual.

“That’s something I could alrea-“ E cut himself off and went silent for a moment before talking.

“When this is over, you’re going to send me home and give me my previous power back. I’ll gladly work with you if you agree to that.”

@Faruel1998

"I see. Well, you mentioned having saved your world before yeah? I dont suppose it would have happened to be the same circumstances as this time would it?"

Blue hair?
Seeing the… I guess boy from his voice. Seeing the boy’s hair throws me off. I don’t often see people with blue hair, and last I checked, my family was the only one in the world known to have it naturally.
@Zeph
Almost as if by instinct I start reaching towards the boy’s hair to feel it, but stop when I hear the voices of the two men in the front.
@Crim
I turn towards them.
“Um, I’m sorry, I have some problems with my memory, so I’m not quite sure how I got here, or what happened for the last… hour and a half maybe?”

Noma is just standing there, her metal body unflincing, her eyes unblinking, as she waits for her new masters, as the old ones have been eliminated by the apocalypse, to give her details on the situation and orders on what to do.

@Blahblah9755
“Don’t worry dude, we are here for you.” He points over to the two men who brought them here
“Those guys can fill you in, I’m not too sure about the situation myself.”

@Tago238

"Emm... no?"

@HowManyMemes

"Yeah, our little adventures will include many strange and beautiful views... probably."

@Blahblah9755

DJ looks at her for a moment.

"You mean like, constant memory loss?"

"That could be a problem..." S ponders for a while.

"Well, for now we should probably fill you in. Do you remember what happened before you came here?"

Karlos gives a smile, deciding to help this person.

"Alright, I'll help save this multiverse then."

Seraph pouts as Eight doesn't even finish reaching to his head. He wanted headpats... So, instead, he goes over to Kisetsu. "Hiya!"

“It’s not constant, but it can show up every so often. Usually lasts for about an hour, and when it happens my short term memory won’t become long term. Last I remember, I was at the store.”

"I see... well, i guess explaining now would be a good idea."

S and DJ explain to her the situation, giving her a rundown of what probably happened before she got brought here (Obviously not going into the gruesome details), and explaining the apocalypse scenario.

S looks at her, worried a little. "
I know it's a lot to take on, so just rest for a bit."

@Junkoposter

"Just wait until the last guy wakes up." DJ says, trying to shut up the fairy.

From the moment he was told there was no internet here, Donte could only watch everything that happened in silence. First because no WiFi in this day and age? Cap. Everything after that though? Holy shit.

He honestly didn’t remember anything getting destroyed, just using his phone as he crossed the street (not the best idea but it was early morning so not many were up at all, let alone outside) before he blacked out and woke up here. He thought these people were just spouting some whack stuff at first but based on the rather ..... colourful cast of people who had also been recruited to save the multiverse or something, Donte was ever so slightly inclined to believe them. Honestly, this rag tag bunch of misfits included everything from 2d dog girls to giants. What’s next? A ghost detective?

Getting back on track, everyone he knew was dead or on the way there. Everyone he knew of was dead. A lot more than even that apparently. Quickly directing his thoughts away from that rabbit hole, Donte latched his mind onto the one thing that could be considered positive in this scenario.

I got isekai’d. I’ll be damned.

Powers and a mission to save the world was the (stale) bread and butter of the isekai trope and got old fast to read and watch. Despite that, Donte could feel the excitement pushing its way through the shock and brief despair of his circumstances. Reading and watching it were one thing but (the possibility of) living and experiencing it for himself couldn’t even be compared.

Yeah ....... what does it matter if all those people died? I- everyone here will get the power to save their world. To change whatever happened to the people we knew. It’s not like we can lose, we’re the heroes after all.

Back