• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

So everyone was killed…
I sit down for a bit, breathe in and out slowly, then after a few minutes I clap my cheeks twice.
“Then we just need to succeed and everything will be fine.”
I stand back up and look at the surrounding group, maybe staring a bit too long each time my eyes land on someone with blue hair.

Karlos gives a thumbs up, before drinking more of his booze.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."

Turning his attention from DJ, E decided it was to get info on his “Allies”. He seemed rather stumped though, he wasn’t sure who to approach first.

E looks towards Karlos and decides that he needs to start somewhere.

Walking over to him and squatting down, E tried to start a conversation.

“So what’s your deal? Ya know life before getting pulled here?”

Karlos looks intrigued by E, but he speaks.

"Well, I was a pirate before all of this. Traveled around space and to different planets."

I wake up with a start, looking around wildly. After seeing that my body's still in one piece and solid, I calm down a little.

Now where am I? Last thing that happened was the melting fog and....what happened before that...? I can't....remember...

I'm distracted from my thoughts by the smell of the food on the table.

"Guess I have to keep my energy up. It's not like they'll drug me when they already have me in a cell."

After I finish the meal, I get up and turn to the door.

"Well, better get going."

I step through the doors and walk through the fog until I reach a room filled with....

What the hell? This has got to be the weird-wait, no. For some reason, I feel like this isn't the most abnormal group of people I've walked in on. What was I doing before I lost my memories? I'll think about that later, for now I should say something.

I nod towards the group.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

“Yeah a bit, don’t worry too much about it; gave us some time to talk.” Shaun waves and smiles to the newcomer.

Noma continues just waiting for the explanations, which because of the two having awokened should be soon, not interacting unless it was required of her.

“Ah that’s pretty interesting. I tried being a pirate once. Didn’t go so well. I started a quest to conquer all of my multiverse. Takes time. My name is E by the way.”

"Ah, name's Karlos Rivera, spelled with a K. Honestly, the pirate life eventually became boring, only really collecting bounties across planets and that was it."

S smiles upon hearing people's positive attitudes toward the apocalypse. He gives a sigh of relief.

"That's the spirit."

DJ looks at Silas with interest. He shots him a smile.

"Well you look familiar... oh well. Welcome to the team buddy. The apocalypse is happening and we're gonna fight to stop it."

DJ snaps his fingers, opening the doors behind the crew. DJ walks into it, and similary, S follows suit, giving a sign to follow him. The hallways are filled with windows showing the black void, paintings of figures you don't recognize. Some of them look pretty weird too.

"Well, the main question of tonight is why you all are needed and how you can help. To answer that question, we need to talk about what me and S are."

S nods as a he and DJ keep walking down the hallway, which know displays what seem to be powerful, supernatural weapons. Most of them are adviced not to be touched.

"Me and Beckum here are what you would call a Chosen. These come with many names depending on where you are from. Main character, protagonists, the chosen one, the hero, the spotlight..."

They pass by a blueprint of the ship in the hallway.

"Unlike those chumps in stories, we are not given any kind of plot armor or anything. No, what we have is infinite potential, infinite essence to draw power from."

They reach the end of the hallway, the automatic door opening as they approach it. The other room feels chillingly cold.

"And just like me and S, you are also a Chosen. And the way to start drawing power from your essence... is with that."

DJ points into the room. It's dark, dimly illuminated. The only source of light within the room is what he is pointing at. A spherical object, made of what seems to be a fussion of plastic and metalic alloy, it's small enough to fit into someone's hand. Something about it feels weird however, like it's presence is felt more than just physically.

Karlos looks at this spherical object with great intrigue, he looks at his bottle to make sure that he isn't drunk.

"Yup, sober."

... Interesting.

Colis walks up to the sphere, before picking it up and examining it in closer detail.

This is definitely much weirder than I was expecting, and as much I want to believe this is some kind of vivid dream, most of my brain is fully convinced that this is real, which honestly seems likely.

"Well... what is that then?"

“Uh isn’t chosen a plural?” Melanie asked with a small frown before slowly approaching this newcomer Silas. She leaned closer towards him and gave him a few sniffs. dog stuff, you know? “How can you be a plural but singular? Also what’s that?”

"If you are "Choosen" just like ourselves are, then why is it that you are so knowledge about the events happening while we are in the blind ?"

Noma points out, as she waits to see what happens when the person attampts to grab the orb and also see if it's what's intended for them to do.

@Overlord775

"Because we're old... very, very old. You know a lot when you get to our age."

@Those who take a look at the sphere.

Collis feels it to be both light on hand, but heavy... metaphysically, one could say. A closer look at it reveals many scribbles and ancient carvings. Definetly looks to be sci-fi. Small rays of transcient light are released from it.

It's definetly tough too. Collis can somehow tell that this thing is densely packed together. It's doubtful even a .50 BMG rifle shot would do the trick.

@Those who asked about it.

"We call that a Stereo Sphere." DJ starts explaining.

"You could call it the essence of a reality. When a universe is born, a record of what it will be up until the end is born as a result. Almost like a predetermined future. It's made of a metamaterial not particular to any universe that i know of at least. It can be found in areas of great importance to said realities, and works as a excelent power font, for both the technological and the magical."

He laughs a little.

"However, you know that bit about "predetermined futures"? Well, Chosen aren't bound by the future. They make their own. Meaning their interaction with it is a little different. See, if broken, nearby Chosen will unlock more of their essence to use."

DJ grabs the Sphere from Collis.

"In short, i break this and we gain enough powers to fight against big evil dudes. Are you ready?"

"Well..."

Karlos takes a big gulp of booze and stashes it in his back pocket for later use.

"Let's do this then."

"I-I suppose..."

I fully expect this to be the instant I wake up. He smashes the sphere and I wake up to something glass in my room broken on the floor, explaining the noise. I don't even know which one I want to be the actual outcome.

"... You'd think there would be a more civilized method, but, break the sphere as you wish."

Back