• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It seemed like a day just like any other. You were leading your boring, or maybe extraordinary life just like always, exactly the same as it always was... but then something broke the norm.

A mix of green, red and white fog suddely spread across your surroundings. Initially, maybe you thought it was just a strange weather phenomena, but soon, the surrounding enviroment starts to melt. If anyone is around, their eyes roll into the back of her head, their bodies melting into meat slumps. You can feel yourself be affected too! First your hands, then-

Then it suddely stops. You wake up, in a gray room, reminiscent of a prison cell. There are no traces of sunlight. You can see a sink, a bed which you are on, a toilet, what appears to be breakfast served in small table and a door with a head sized square hole in it.

[
Meta Thread
Sandbox here
Standard Powers here
Archive here]

[Stats:

Low 7-B, Class G LS

Speed is treated uniquely. It doesn't have a set value you should follow, instead, it's defined by your feats here. The range i'm giving is anywhere from MHS to Relativistic]

Last edited:
Melanie, who was curled up sleeping like a dog, blinked and suddenly jumped up to her feet with a few barks. She stopped for a moment and looked around. This looked...weird. Really really weird. Why did this look so weird??!

”I...” she took a step forward. Wait, forward? Take a step...backwards? she couldn‘t do that before!! ”Hey! What’s going on!?”

The fog of sleep still heavily ways on my mind as it usually does. Thus, I don't even realise the unusual situation I'm in, nor do I remember the events before I fell asleep.

In this state I walk over the sink and begin to wash my face, acting as if this is a usual morning.

Shaun was relaxing in his room eating some of his roommate, Don’s muffins. Suddenly the world around him melted.
“Don, what did I tell you about the weed muffins?”
then he started melting into the floor and everything went blank.
He woke up I’m what appeared to be purgatory. He had food and TP byt no guitar or weapons.
“So this is dying?” “Not too bad.“

E was shocked at first but as he looked around and saw the others he got a weird sense of Deja Vu.

“I think I did something similar to this.”

He began to move his body and a feel for his new powers.

“I like this.” A massive grin appeared across his face.

“It’s been ages since I had something to aspire to. This will be interesting.”

“I don’t like this concept of depth right now!” She called out again as she crossed her arms over her chest and puffed out her cheeks. “is this some kind of dumb prank? If it is I swear I’m gonna bite you!”

Why?

That's his first thought the moment he comes to, and to his own credit, it's a good one. Why? What is the meaning of this? What reason for the walls and bed and bars and toilet and sink and stall and table food and...

Everything is too normal. Everything is too regular. What is the cause? What are the rhyme and reason behind everything being so regular?

Why?

He jumps up as suddenly as an overcompressed spring. His movements are quick and wild, yet with purpose. Purpose! That's the goal. If he moves with purpose, there will be purpose. And right now, there needs to be purpose.

He halts himself inches from the door, sticking his head forward and looking through the face-hole. Is there anything outside? Will it tell him why he's inside? He must find out.

Last edited:
A darkness and a feeling of loneliness and betrayal, but moreso than those two emotions, hate. There is nothing else... until there's a blinding light....

As his eyes slowly get used to the light, Orpheus begins to notice his surroundings. As it turns out the light wasn't blinding, he just hadn't seen any light for a long time. He slowly gets out of bed, not yet used to being able to move around again and looks at his hands. After inspecting his hands he touches his face sticks out his tongue.

"Aaaa..."

His body had been restored... A tear rolls down his face and then another one. He sits back down on the bed and puts his face in his hands, quietly sobbing.

Last edited:
Shaun walks over to his breakfast table. Buttered Toast, a classic. It does indeed taste like toast and butter. This place might be heaven instead of purgatory, he isn’t sure.

“Yo anyone else here?” “We dead right, just checking.”

Rubi sits up from on the bed. She looks over to the table. She had been in the library that she had always known until now. She was always by herself, but that really didn't bother her much. She enjoyed isolation.

Rubi silently went over to the breakfast meal and leisurely began eating.

Looking at the walls, I try to analyse them in order to know their properties and probably the location of where I am.

Regaining consciousness in what could only be a prison cell, Donte warily walked around his new location before going for the door.

Standing before the only exit he could see, he reached for the handle before pausing unsure if it was booby trapped or something. Crouching down before the square hole in it, he peered out in an attempt to see if he could learn anything about where he was.

I wonder if Imma get hit with a jump scare if I get too close to the hole.

“Helloooo? A-anybody out there that can explain what’s going?”

Cursing the stutter in his voice, Donte couldn’t help but sigh and wonder if he got sucked into some shitty horror movie or conspiracy.

After seeing nothing of note, he loses his patience. With powerful, more-than-human strength, he ***** back, swings, and folds the door in half with a single strike.

Or at least, he tries to. His fist slams against the door and does more damage to itself than anything else. Pain shoots all the way up his arm. ****, that hurts!

He doesn't let it show. He does his best not to let it show. He really, really tries not to let it show. Hopefully the mask helps. Anyone could be watching him right now, and even in a place like this, he has his dignity to consider.

...Where is he, anyway?

When the fog first came in, I first through it was just sleep deprivation finally kicking in, but then my hands started to... melt? Waking up in another room, a series of horror movie-esque ideas run through my head. Was I mental case the entire time, or something like that? This doesn't seem like a padded cell, I'm even wearing the same clothes I was before, and while the meal is significantly more appetizing than a TV dinner I'm suspicious of it.

The dull pain in my hands tells me that either what happened was, somehow, real, or a very vivid hallucination, more vivid than any in my life. Looking around, I notice the hole in the door, and while hopeful me doesn't know what it is, reptile brain me says it's not trustworthy.

[No, you can't hear each other.]

Those who peak out of the door can see two men, one of who is sitting in a chair. His messy hair, clothes and black eyes show a severe lack of sleep on his part. He seems to be trying to mess with a microphone. The other man, on the other hand, seems to be covering his face with his hands in shame. He is well dressed in comparison to the other one.

@Faruel1998

You can't analyse much due to currently being powerless. You can, however, tell the walls are made of some strange steel.

@To people who ate the breakfast

It tastes surprisingly good. Nothing amazing but it refreshes your senses.

@Everyone

You can hear a annoying sounding, like that of a bell being rang. Soon enough, two voices can be heard.

"Jesus christ..."

"Jesus doesn't exist."

You hear groaning.

“Haha funny joke can I be let out of here?” There was a growl escaping the girl dog now, she was not happy.

“Thanks for the toast guys.” Shaun leans out towards the door. “What is the recipe?” He then notices how zonked the man on the chair is. He steps back trying not to bother him. “Sorry man, you are kinda zonked right now, I’ll leave you alone.”

I finally finish washing up, raising my submerging face out of the filled sink. Still not awake enough to realise the situation I'm in I shout out.

"Would you guys keep it down, it's too early for all this shouting!"

I then walk over to the table and begin gobbling down the food with no manners, not even sitting down or using cutlery.

Orpheus looks up upon hearing the voices. He looks around him again and notices that he's still in a cell and despair begins to well up inside him.

'Jesus doesn't exist'?

Please. If you only knew...

He hears the groaning and...stops. Something about it reminds him of home. That mad, fun place with all the chaos he has to keep from spiraling out of control. Fun times were had the last time he was there. He remembers it as if it were today...

Where is he?!

After quickly finishing her meal Rubi shifts over to the door where the two men are and stares at them in wonder before finally uttering;

"Where is this place?"

@HowManyMemes

A bottle of beer falls onto your head.

@Everyone

They continue talking, ignoring all questions

"Ah shit, you think they can hear us?"

"Apperently so. Do your magic."

Those peaking outside the door can see the microphone man clearing his throat.

"Okay, everyone, calm down. I'm sure you have a lot of question, but first, let's clear this up: You are not dead, neither are you on a horror show experiment or held prisoners."

He pauses

"Now, give me questions, one at a time."

Karlos quickly grabs it and begins to drink the good old bottle of beer.

"....Where's my boat?"

“Where the hell are we and why are we here.” “Excuse my lanuage.” Shaun asks raising his hand like a school kid.

"Why am I in this room? Don't get me wrong ... lately I've been dragged from one dimension to another and I've started getting used to it but having answers wasn't a recurrent thing"

Upon hearing this Orpheus calms down a little. He gets up and walks towards the door. "What happened to me?" He wanted to ask, but the words got stuck in his throat.

Back