• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

As the sphere breaks, Karlos was suddenly thrust into unconsciousness, seeing himself in an abyss of nothingness. Looking around, he sees that it stretches on for a horizon. Then, an object floats to him. It's a boombox, Karlos grabs onto it, feeling the essence of its music tingling throughout his body, creating not only a feeling of warmth, but a feeling of caution. This music can be used to great effects of helping, but also destroying.

What comes next is shocking, as Karlos is faced with his boat, the massive hulking ship appearing right in front of him. He doesn't know what he is doing, but his body reacts for him, outstretching his hand to touch the wooden structure. Then, the very essence of the boat begins to fuse with him. It calls out to his soul, telling him that if he or his allies are in trouble, he should call out and the boat shall answer. He is a bit stunned at this, before chuckling.

"Well, there's no going back from this, is there?"

Karlos then laughs, not an insane laugh, but a laughter of excitement to finally experience something new.

[y'all he only said he was going to, he hasn't yet]

First was the fog wiping out our homes, now its a sphere to give us powers? Its just one thing after another here, all of it is unbelievable, like something out of a story.

Astraea gives a thumbs up to DJ in response.

(so we breaking it?)
Once it breaks open, he lets of a wide grin as something appears in his hands.
An acoustic guitar, somewhat dusty and plain, yet well kept. He checks the back, his name is still written on the back in marker.
“Let’s see if it still works as before.” He begins to tune it and once he finishes, it glows until the small acoustic guitar becomes something far more unique. A blue and gold electric guitar, immaculately clean and shiny. He immediately begins to play and as he does that, lighting strikes the tip and he laughs like a madman.
“ITS BETTER THEN EVA BABY.”

[I'll just treat that as his reaction post breaking]

"Okay!" DJ says excitedly.

"Wait hold o-"

S was too slow in his protest. DJ effortlessly crushes the Sphere in his hand. The metal bends and explodes in a burst of energy. What seems to be pieces of said energy enter your body, giving a power high of incredible porpotions. This confirms one thing: this is not a dream.

[You have your powers now]

S looks at DJ, very angry.

"Hey, at least it went w-"

A crashing sounds blasts out against everyone's ears. A hole forms on the celling of the ship, seemily made by a woman who was pulled within. She seems... very holy.

@Phoenix

Just like everyone else, your experience was also horrific. The fog and the melting definetly happened. However, instead of losing consience like others did, you felt your body being... pulled. Into a black void, and within a state between consience and dream, you felt your body dragged through the abyss. Eventually, you fell onto this ship.

Everyone is looking at you.

Seraph is not paying attention to the priest lady. Rather, he's leaned against the wall, breathing heavily. He can feel a power coursing through his body, one that he's only been able to scratch the surface of for his entire life, one that his lack of ability in led to nothing but scorn, hatred, and rejection.

"Magic... oh my gods... I-I can use magic!"

He then cheers, a legitimate honest to god cheer of someone who's been searching for something their entire life and finally grasped it.

Needless to say, dress boy is happy.

Dy1 just looks pretty confused.. however, he tries using his newfound powers a bit, stretching arounnd... he looks rather happy. He giggles and smiles a bit.

“Uh...I don’t feel any different. Am I supposed to-“ then the heccin’ explosion happened and caused Melanie to rattle like the god damn cartoon she was. She looked at the hole in the spaceship, and the presumably culprit, and let out a small dog whimper.

With the imminent hull breach following the release of powers, Colis saves any questions for later, and immediately reaches out.

On some level, he already knew what he was capable of, and, from that power, he started growing more bone matter from his fingers, quickly patching the hole and securing the air before anything went wrong.

Karlos breathes in and out, looking at his left hand, he does indeed wield a boombox, and on his right, he could feel the essence of his boat held in it. He looks at Serena, who came crashing through the ship.

"Hey, welcome to Hell."

It's an especially strange feeling to have something you desperately wished to be wrong turn out to be true. Even if I wanted to deny all of this, the reptilian part of my brain, the one that rightly fears darkness and deals in absolutes, knows that this is real. Looking at my hands, I find them ever more pale than before.

An odd feeling washes over me, like I'm being judged by a long-dead image of someone, and a huge variety of what should be vomit-inducing mutations to my body flash in my head. Somehow, I know each and every one is nothing more than a thought or so away. Even if I wanted to dismiss them as the product of a deranged mind, the reptilian part of my brain knows its real, as it gave me those images.

The woman who bursts in through the ceiling only further confuses me, but that's just what everything is going to do at this point, isn't it.

Shaun continues to laugh his ass of and surrounds himself in a coat of electricity to show off

“UNLIMITED POWER” he says obviously being an original line he made up.

"Ah, welcome to the group of chosen new girl."

Rubi says as she feels the power of the stereo sphere flow into her. Her powers as a witch maturing...yes, she could finally remember what her goal was. She looks over to see the magical spirits floating around her and dancing as if to say they enjoy just being in her company. Outside of the ship a gigantic fortress can be seen, the fortress had seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

DJ is visibly alerted, but S manages to be calmer about it. He extende a hand at her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"you ******* nice guy."

@Junkoposter

[You gain metal and technology powers]

@Everyoneelse

DJ looks at the group in concern.

"You guy uh... holding up alright?"

"I think so. I feel like most of my body could be blown away by a stiff breeze, but that hasn't happened yet soooooo."

@Crimbo

Kisetsu nods her head. "Yeah, I'm good!" She says happily. "It was actually really anticlimactic, I just got back what I already had, no fanfare..." She pouts. She was a fairy before all this, so she's just getting back what she already.

Serena stands up and scans the room. Her vision stops on Yafoboolon and Austin specifically.

"...Vampire."

"...Demon."

Her hand instinctively moves to grab her Black Keys, yet she does not attack.

"What is going on here?"

“I’ve never felt better.”
“I have had this thing for a few months but that ball must of done something to it.”
He tunes it back to normal and it returns to Acoustic form, only a bit less dusty.

"Yeah, just fine, it's kinda weird how I got some additional powers."

Karlos rubs the back of his head, remembering how the humans of his universe somehow adapted to no longer have a need to breathe oxygen.

"... I'd say I'm quite fine overall, thank you."

Colis looks at his fingers, with a mass of bones protruding out of them. He'd have to detach them somehow...

Well, should be simple enough. He disables his sense of pain in that area via removing the nerves contained within, then just does a karate chop with his other hand, shattering the bones off. He gets the spare material to decay off on his own, and he's back to normal.

"... I must say, my powers are quite interesting. Complete biological mastery without any technological influence..."

Karlos looks at his boombox, before looking at everyone else.

"So...I can play some music on this."

"Hahaha, it's good to have you back. "Nade said and then made a jacket appear and some dark glasses that she put on, scanned the area.

"well at least that confirms that if they are not normal beings"

“Ha! Now this is interesting!” After gaining his power, E immediately began shadow boxing. He tested out his new power and ge seemed pleased.

“Who wants to spar?”

Shaun turns to E
“If we have the time, I would like that.”
He starts to play along to the Vocaloid song on the boom box as he says this.

Serena looks around more, her vision focuses on Eldur as well.

"A god, no, closer to an Elemental, a phenomenon of nature."

"I'd like some answers, any of you."

Astraea felt a surge go through her body, followed by another, and then it was a continuous stream of electrical energy, she could feel all the bioelectricity flowing through her neurons even. She holds up her fingers and watches the electricity arc between them in amusement.

This is certainly new, I never had anything like that before.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Hey new girl, maybe you shouldn't attack the vampire and demon, we need everyone in here to help."

Thanks to the vote that Vocaloid is good, anyone who can hear the music has their strength amped up by 2 times!

"I'd like some answers, any of you."
As Colis explores his powers, with his sleeve pulled back and inducing various biological effects on himself, he finds the time to explain.

"We are all supposed to be the saviors of the multiverse. Beings called Chosen. I'm sure you have your god given aversions, but, we all have the same goal here, so do keep your purging to a minimum."

Back