• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiyans' Immunity to Extinction Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow, if Goku turns into a Super Saiyan then his biological systems will also be enhanced due to a stronger physique.

Basic biology. Unless there’s mutations and syndromes in Goku’s DNA (which wouldn’t make sense at all), a 50x multiplier into his physique definitely would enhance his immune system.
The exertion process will be exhaustive however Overtraining syndrome only apply to overexertion and turning into SSJ seems casual to Goku therefore shouldn’t weaken his immune system.
Yeah no, you’d have to change the entire wiki to propose such an idea, strength multipliers does not increase your ability to resist unconventional attacks (diseases)

That is just an assumption to assume it was designated for human like species. And we already explained why the heart virus isn't an anti feat.
The heart virus might be consisted of different genetic material completely different from the extinction bomb rather than escalating its potency.
As said before, we don’t know much about the virus

Also not to derail too much but I wouldn't be against Super Saiyan giving health benefits to users as in DBS Super Hero Gohan no longer needs glasses to fight with Gamma 1 after transforming
Gohan doesn’t need sight to fight at all. Why he took off his glasses is unknown, even in the anime and manga he doesn’t where glasses in his fights, even in base form. To say it’s because ssj restored his sight is honestly baseless.

Toriyamas statement applies to Saiyans in general that’s like Toriyama stating Saiyans keep the same hair from the day they were born and only applying it to canon because he didn’t mention Toeiverse when if it involves Saiyans in general
Toryama has little to no autority in the toei continuity, why would what he says matter to it?

I do think saiyans should have a full resistance but as Gar states, a disease can effect a target much differently than others and it’s potency doesn’t correlate to what it effects and how it effects a person.

Anyways, I recast my vote

I’ll be neutral since we don’t know much about those intergalactic viruses

Immune system in-general bestows natural immunity to pathogens which shouldn’t qualify for actual certain resistances itself, however it protects against every infectious agent out there as well despite its kind

However, I don’t want to juxtapose fiction with reality

As for now, we don’t know much about diseases in DB so I’ll be neutral

However, if the OP is proposing that Goku resists diseases in-general (as to caused by other pathogens and organisms such as fungi, parasites, and prions) that would be a completely different story and I’ll have to disagree

Gohan doesn’t need sight to fight at all. Why he took off his glasses is unknown, even in the anime and manga he doesn’t where glasses in his fights, even in base form. To say it’s because ssj restored his sight is honestly baseless.
Wasn’t there a statement that transforming improves his sight? Or am I crazy

Watch the fight Gohan literally while in Base form held on to his glasses, expressing some form of need for them. Its absolutely possible that Toriyama wanted to convey that Gohan was leaving his prime via needing glasses in a fight when he normally doesn't have to wear glasses.

Anyhow, if Goku turns into a Super Saiyan then his biological systems will also be enhanced due to a stronger physique.

Basic biology. Unless there’s mutations and syndromes in Goku’s DNA (which wouldn’t make sense at all), a 50x multiplier into his physique definitely would enhance his immune system.
The exertion process will be exhaustive however Overtraining syndrome only apply to overexertion and turning into SSJ seems casual to Goku therefore shouldn’t weaken his immune system.
Getting stronger wouldn't make his immune system 50x more effecient, that is what i am saying

To say that the virua is layered is a bigger assumption tho

Gohan does need glasses for sight

Exercise increases eyesight as-well not only physique alone

maybe that has something to do with

The same extinction bomb has been used to kill other alien races and can kill human Which it’s already been stated to do it just doesn’t work on Saiyans
Yes but if there is any implication that the Galactic Patrol engineered the virus and can control who it effects then that means they could have made an entirely different bomb that would work on the Saiyans. The fact that they didn't, despite viewing them as an immense threat, would imply they were incapable of it despite being capable of creating bombs that would kill most other races.

The same thing applies to Freeza and Moro. If the Galactic Patrol can weaponise viruses and have access to at least 30% of the known universe (Freeza ruling 70%) then they would have tried countless viruses across many alien worlds against them.

With all that logic in mind, if most viruses in the known universe can't impact Saiyans, Freeza or Moro then the obvious conclusion is that they must have Disease Manipulation resistance. They aren't immune but it's clear they can't be killed by most diseases that an intergalactic civilisation has access to.

Even if this doesn't work for the Saiyans or Freeza for some reason, it should still at least apply to Moro.

Bro what 😭

Trunks is literally saying might doesn’t triumph illness

Sorry, but there are not many differences with your translation with mine and yours, but if this virus is able to affect the Super Saiyan that is 50 times that any being exists ( Freeza ) it turns out that the virus is 50 times Super Saiyan, it is very explicit that this virus is so abnormal that it could kill a human instantly accordingly, so Goku would gain complete resistance, nothing limited here, a virus 50 times an ordinary one >>>>>>>> infinite abyss, Goku anyway could resist various viruses of your planet accordingly.

Like you would have to assume that Gohan is stylistically wearing glasses, which is stupid if he's making sure he doesn't lose them during his fight. It would make sense that he's wearing glasses for the actual purpose of glasses which is to see better. And just because you can sense ki doesn't mean that physical sensitivity goes out the window, hell Gohan being blind in his fight with Lavender played as advantage with him and just like Gamma 1 they don't have ki signatures. Making a need for sight even more crucial in theses fights.

Getting stronger wouldn't make his immune system 50x more effecient, that is what i am saying

It should. I mean… imagine if you could fly around the earth at supersonic speed with a sensational superhero like physique: additionally, capable of shooting out laser blasts that could bust mountains. Do you think something like COVID-19 could infect you?

It just means it’s more potent
Yes but if there is any implication that the Galactic Patrol engineered the virus and can control who it effects then that means they could have made an entirely different bomb that would work on the Saiyans. The fact that they didn't, despite viewing them as an immense threat, would imply they were incapable of it despite being capable of creating bombs that would kill most other races.

The same thing applies to Freeza and Moro. If the Galactic Patrol can weaponise viruses and have access to at least 30% of the known universe (Freeza ruling 70%) then they would have tried countless viruses across many alien worlds against them.

With all that logic in mind, if most viruses in the known universe can't impact Saiyans, Freeza or Moro then the obvious conclusion is that they must have Disease Manipulation resistance. They aren't immune but it's clear they can't be killed by most diseases that an intergalactic civilisation has access to.

Even if this doesn't work for the Saiyans or Freeza for some reason, it should still at least apply to Moro.
It sounds like you agree with the op not sure what you’re arguing here but yeah I agree resistance =/= immunity

I mean, he has gotten sick before hand in the series, a full one would imply that he can't get sick at all
Getting sick once =/= a resistance being limited

Resistance doesn't translate to "they are completely null to the ability". Immunity is the term we use if they are totally immune to the ability at hand. Resistance, however, can vary. While Resistances on a page can come pretty damn close to Immunity, its important to remember a hax's potency isn't always the same. In fact, affecting a character the resists a certain ability is usually an indicator of how potent their ability is

Basically, a plain Resistance without "limited" should be fine

@GarrixianXD What do you mean it only affects Earthlings? don't screw up what has been received we have now reached a point where this will apply.

I've discussed this many times and the OP has laid it out.
According to Jaco, the Extinction Bomb contains a highly contagious and deadly virus that could wipe out entire species, which he once accidentally activated on an unknown planet and was reprimanded by his superiors, indicating that its use is not to be taken lightly by the Galactic Patrol due to its ability to wipe out entire species. The virus can be set to a certain species, as Jaco notes, if he releases it on Earth it will only kill Earthlings.
It’s not an assumption, it’s a fact, this makes sense anyways, being immune to one virus has clost to 0 relation with your immunity to another.
John Dragon Ball himself is saying they’re immune to it. Looks fine to me

I don’t see the heart disease as an anti-feat. Resistance levels can vary, just as the ability they are resisting can vary in potency. The heart disease wasn’t ever portrayed as an incredibly common illness on Earth
Can we cut out the VsBattle Brainrot for a moment and remember how diseases can work differently?

Saiyans can be immune to exinction bombs but still suceptible to the Heart Virus with no layered disease manipulation necessary, as making an ultra lethal disease potent enough to kill a Saiyan is one thing, but making an ultra deadly disease that is also contagious enough to infect the entire race is another.

The Heart Virus is deadly, but not very contagious considering how nobody else got it besides Goku despite the fact that they were in his personal space with no masks or anything during the entire time he was sick. Not to mention that it's got an absurdly long incubation period considering that he got it sometime while he was in space but wasn't feeling ill until literal years later.

Again, nothing is contradicting it so it’s not a retcon.
No, Goku's age in Minus is most definitely a contradiction to the original story.
7aeb12edf96f619a6b5d4547ace6c84c.jpg

Herms and Ian already confirmed the wording used 赤ん坊 refers to babies in the sense of infant and an age range that's incompatible with what's shown in Minus hence being a blatant retcon. If you even search up 赤ん坊 in Japanese dictionaries you'll literally see it cited as meaning infant. Goku is not an infant in Minus nor is he before walking age. And that's not even to mention how Minus completely contradicts the original Bardock special which was considered canon at the time and given actual references in the manga to confirm it.

That’s literally cap he came up with the ideas and designs for most character and he has a say for db in general can you show me scans that would prove Toriyama’s words aren’t relevant at all to toei?
Toryama came up with desings yes, but the story of it he didn't, he didn't wrotte the garlic jr saga, none of the toei canon movies, and not gt, just like how his words mean little to dbh, it would also mean little to toei, as he is not the one that makes the anime and all of its original ideas and plotpoints, just like how he is not the one who makes the games and whatever else, he is autority to the original manga continuity

No, Goku's age in Minus is most definitely a contradiction to the original story.

Herms and Ian already confirmed the wording used 赤ん坊 refers to babies in the sense of infant and an age range that's incompatible with what's shown in Minus hence being a blatant retcon. If you even search up 赤ん坊 in Japanese dictionaries you'll literally see it cited as meaning infant. Goku is not an infant in Minus nor is he before walking age. And that's not even to mention how Minus completely contradicts the original Bardock special which was considered canon at the time and given actual references in the manga to confirm it.

I guess.

I don't doubt it much, it is explained within the work that the stomach of Saiyans is strengthened to eat anything.

Getting sick once =/= a resistance being limited

Resistance doesn't translate to "they are completely null to the ability". Immunity is the term we use if they are totally immune to the ability at hand. Resistance, however, can vary. While Resistances on a page can come pretty damn close to Immunity, its important to remember a hax's potency isn't always the same. In fact, affecting a character the resists a certain ability is usually an indicator of how potent their ability is

Basically, a plain Resistance without "limited" should be fine
Okay, but just to make things clear, the resistance would be to this galactic patrol virus and not like, all desceases there is correct?

Okay, but just to make things clear, the resistance would be to this galactic patrol virus and not like, all desceases there is correct?
It would be the Galactic Patrol Virus as well as viruses comparable to it

Basically, due to not being able to get infected by the Galactic Patrol Virus, its very likely a virus with similar symptoms wouldn't affect him much

yeah, they’re not saying he’s immune to any disease, but he has some form of resistance. That’s why it’s resistance and not immune. I apologize if we didn’t make that clear earlier

The bardock special was never canon, toryama liked it sure, but the visuals of the manga are compatible to minus, plus goku was an infant in both minus and the broly movie, he was maybe 4 tops

I think you’re crazy.
He's not. Shortly before Cell Max is released Gohan mentions that it's hard to see without his glasses and Piccolo then asks if Super Saiyan improves his eyesight. That's what he is thinking of.

Now does Super Saiyan improve eyesight? It cuts to Cell Max releasing so we never get the answer but since Piccolo brings it up it seems pretty likely that's what the writers want us to think. Maybe the manga will have Gohan answer the question instead of cutting away immediately.

It would be the Galactic Patrol Virus as well as viruses comparable to it

Basically, due to not being able to get infected by the Galactic Patrol Virus, its very likely a virus with similar symptoms wouldn't affect him much
Oh i get it, so deceases like, for example, ebola would still work then? If so, yeah i concede on that point

The bardock special was never canon, toryama liked it sure, but the visuals of the manga are compatible to minus, plus goku was an infant in both minus and the broly movie, he was maybe 4 tops
No, he literally went out of his way to say it was canon multiple times and had him appear in the manga. And Goku absolutely is not an infant in Minus, nor is he "before walking age" as 赤ん坊 refers to.

No, he literally went out of his way to say it was canon multiple times and had him appear in the manga.
He didn't said that it was how it happened, he said he liked it as a explanation, again the visuals do not contradict minus

And Goku absolutely is not an infant in Minus, nor is he "before walking age" as 赤ん坊 refers to.
Minus is after the broly movie, there he was an infant

Nonetheless, i shall stop since this has nothing to do with the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back