• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiyans' Immunity to Extinction Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Dragon Ball himself is saying they’re immune to it. Looks fine to me

I don’t see the heart disease as an anti-feat. Resistance levels can vary, just as the ability they are resisting can vary in potency. The heart disease wasn’t ever portrayed as an incredibly common illness on Earth

Oh yeah I remember this. I agree but can we apply it to Freeza (Galactic Patrol can't do anything to him despite opposing him), Moro (The Galactic Patrol were incapable of killing him via any method) and perhaps Cell (Has saiyan DNA) as well?
Maybe it will work with a little bit of proofreading and scanning for them I'm sure.

I just read a few chapters, and yeah, it doesn’t state that Bulma created it, but it’s directly implied. Goku got his heart virus a little after the androids started their rampage, which would halt all of civilization’s development and send them back to the stone age. The only person competent enough, who’s still alive at that point, would be Bulma. But regardless, this doesn’t disprove anything

I agree, the virus can be tuned on certain species and it killed aliens from another planet, so it is likely effective against any target.
The saiyans being immune should be fine as a resistance.

Goku's heart virus is just stronger or works in a different way (and a random plot device to begin with).

I also think Moro should totally have it too, since the Galactic Patrol tried everything, while I believe Frieza should only have it as "likely".

I agree, the virus can be tuned on certain species and it killed aliens from another planet, so it is likely effective against any target.
The saiyans being immune should be fine as a resistance.

Goku's heart virus is just stronger or works in a different way (and a random plot device to begin with).

I also think Moro should totally have it too, since the Galactic Patrol tried everything, while I believe Frieza should only have it as "likely".
While I could see why one would put it as likely for Frieza, I think it should be straight up. Toriyama outright says it wouldn’t work on him, and there’s no way they haven’t tried to assassinate people like King Cold and Frieza considering their reputation.

Maybe it will work with a little bit of proofreading and scanning for them I'm sure.
Sure, for starters no one could kill Moro despite him being in the custody of the Galactic Patrol for over 10 million years, this would include the half a century (at minimum) they had the Extinction Bombs.

As for Freeza, Toriyama has stated: "I think the reason the Galactic Patrol is afraid of Freeza is because he’s beaten the tar out of them before. I guess because of that experience, Freeza’s become a taboo subject among the Galactic Patrol." and in the actual movie
Jaco states the Galactic Patrol is too afraid to challenge him I'm sure I can find more statements but the point is that the Galactic Patrol are consistently afraid of facing Freeza and can't seem to do anything against him.

As for Cell I doubt I need to look up any new scans for him? Him having Saiyan biology is inherent to him. It's just arguing whether or not that biology would give him the same resistances but I feel most would agree he should have them given he has Zenkai boosts and even inherited techniques from them.

While I could see why one would put it as likely for Frieza, I think it should be straight up. Toriyama outright says it wouldn’t work on him, and there’s no way they haven’t tried to assassinate people like King Cold and Frieza considering their reputation.
Yeah. I find it hard to believe the Galactic Patrol didn't try the Extinction Bomb as a last resort when they once fought Freeza. Not even trying it once on one of his many Freeza Force base worlds? Hard doubt. Even using it on his ship would do the deed. I doubt they're so utterly terrified that they just forgot they had that up their sleeve.

Sure, for starters no one could kill Moro despite him being in the custody of the Galactic Patrol for over 10 million years, this would include the half a century (at minimum) they had the Extinction Bombs.

As for Freeza, Toriyama has stated: "I think the reason the Galactic Patrol is afraid of Freeza is because he’s beaten the tar out of them before. I guess because of that experience, Freeza’s become a taboo subject among the Galactic Patrol." and in the actual movie
Jaco states the Galactic Patrol is too afraid to challenge him I'm sure I can find more statements but the point is that the Galactic Patrol are consistently afraid of facing Freeza and can't seem to do anything against him.

As for Cell I doubt I need to look up any new scans for him? Him having Saiyan biology is inherent to him. It's just arguing whether or not that biology would give him the same resistances but I feel most would agree he should have them given he has Zenkai boosts and even inherited techniques from them.
This seems to be working, I'm going to start doing a little justification for them. Can you also look up the saiyan DNA scans on Cell?
Can I just say the idea of extinction weaponry via a biological plague is way too sick to be handwaved away like this in DB?
Well, they are like a galactic peacekeeping force after all, no wonder they have such a thing and do it when they feel they have to work hard.

As far as cell resisting the effects of it, wouldn't only the Saiyan DNA resist it? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's made up of human DNA as well, wouldn't that mean he would still be partially effected by it?

This seems to be working, I'm going to start doing a little justification for them. Can you also look up the saiyan DNA scans on Cell?
All I have right now is this which states Cell has DNA from Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza and King Cold. Notably if Freeza has the resistances via statements (and King Cold should as well since they are the same type of mutant for their species) then that would give Cell DNA from four different people with that same resistance, with only Piccolo being possibly vulnerable.

If you need more I would be up to looking it up tomorrow.

As far as cell resisting the effects of it, wouldn't only the Saiyan DNA resist it? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's made up of human DNA as well, wouldn't that mean he would still be partially effected by it?
Well as I said above he also has Freeza and Cold DNA which should also grant him resistance but it's worth noting that Cell is only stated to have DNA from the Saiyans, Freeza's lineage and Piccolo. I don't believe it was actually specified whether or not he had human DNA, it's more or less extrapolated that he would.

Goku with the medicine recovered from a deadly heart virus faster than most people with the flu
Kinda implies a pretty good immune system

What about Toriyama’s statements?
There is too little evidence to corroborate the accomplishments of Toei's character, the OP also uses more manga canon scans than Toriyama's statements in other media. I'm also not sure this would be relevant if it were applied to a Toei profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back