• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiyans' Immunity to Extinction Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where you got limited resistance from, given that the resistance is complete here, and everyone agreed (team members), you can't do anything but deny the obvious
Drop the tone please, that doesn't help, you continued to argue in thread were staff also have already agreed also, you can't complain if you do the same, it is limited because it is from a spechipic virus/desease, a full resistance would imply that they can't get sick at all, which is not what it is stated

And about AP maybe, when not mentioned, not even Super Saiyan 1 is able to stop it, it is layered at least 50 times
Why would super saiyan be able to stop any virus in any way? Again, unless you can prove that it multiplies their imune system as well it wouldn't be 50x, also that isn't how layered hax work at all

, but yes multipliers are used here as long as the disease stops even a Super Saiyan 1
for stats yes, not stuff like imune systems and hax, that is just silly dude lol

You can deny it as many times as you want.
Stop with the agressive tone please, it does not help

Drop the tone please, that doesn't help, you continued to argue in thread were staff also have already agreed also, you can't complain if you do the same, it is limited because it is from a spechipic virus/desease, a full resistance would imply that they can't get sick at all, which is not what it is stated

Why would super saiyan be able to stop any virus in any way? Again, unless you can prove that it multiplies their imune system as well it wouldn't be 50x, also that isn't how layered hax work at all

for stats yes, not stuff like imune systems and hax, that is just silly dude lol

Stop with the agressive tone please, it does not help
To say that you're denying it is to be aggressive 🤡 my tone is normal, that's how I usually speak, Omega, I don't know where you're getting these aggressions towards me, if you think it's bad you have the right to denounce me, although that's nothing ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯

Yeah no (. . . .) The reasoning is different and the age discrepancies it was simply retconned
That’s what Raditz tell him, as that’s what Saiyans do as children. This could easily be explained by Bardock making the excuse up to explain why he sent his son off. How Raditz know is unknown so this doesn’t contradict anything. What age discrepancies are you talking about?

When have you showed such

show it

so?

He was a baby in the broly movie tho, a toddler of 3 to 4 year old is still a baby, if all you have of contradiction is that he is a baby, sorry to break it to you, but he really was a baby

I don't understand how this correlates to the toei being another continuity therefore we don't scale things from canon to it, like, how does this have anything to do with the subject at all? What are you arguing that it was retconed dude?
I’ll resend it because it might’ve been hard to see cuz I made it dots
Yeah no (. . . .) The reasoning is different and the age discrepancies it was simply retconned

That isn’t non sequitr I’m pointing out if you think Gokus age is contradictory instead of realizing it’s a retcon then we should apply the same logic to the original DBZ Manga since they do the same thing and have goku as a baby instead of a kid like in Super and db minus

That’s wrong but even if that was true you’d have to ignore the age discrepancy

In conclusion this applies to Toei and DBZ Manga
Or doesn’t apply to neither and only the DBS Manga I’m fine with this option too

Yeah no it’s stated the virus killed other alien species and couldn’t kill saiyans it doesn’t just only work on humans Heart virus is probably just more potent since it probably came from outer space or Yardrat or wtv
Right here and Goku in db minus is older too and Goku is shown being older in the broly movie

And no he was not an infant in the broly movie that’s completely wrong a toddler isn’t an infant and him being 3-4 proves my point and I’m pretty sure atp theyre not even a toddler anymore and that’s just a little kid since 2 is a toddler

Your argument was that this can’t apply to toei because goku is shown being younger in the DBZ anime so toei can’t be used but the same thing happens in the manga in the flashbacks the same exact raditz scan and statements

Also I’ll assume you didn’t ignore my scans and actually didn’t see it but I’ll make them bigger this time (aye, aye, aye, aye)

To say that you're denying it is to be aggressive 🤡
my
when you use that tone it is, you already got warned about this in other threads, take the hint and be better, please there is no reason to use such a tone

my tone is normal, that's how I usually speak, Omega
irrelevant to what i said

I don't know where you're getting these aggressions towards me, if you think it's bad you have the right to denounce me, although that's nothing ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯
That is not report worthy yet, just trying to warn you as a felliw wiki user

To say that you're denying it is to be aggressive 🤡 my tone is normal, that's how I usually speak, Omega, I don't know where you're getting these aggressions towards me, if you think it's bad you have the right to denounce me, although that's nothing ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯
Idk, but you’re clearly giving of malice. Discord debater vibes
I don't know where you got limited resistance from, given that the resistance is complete here, and everyone agreed (team members), you can't do anything but deny the obvious

And about AP maybe, when not mentioned, not even Super Saiyan 1 is able to stop it, it is layered at least 50 times, but yes multipliers are used here as long as the disease stops even a Super Saiyan 1

You can deny it as many times as you want.
Im not even sure why you brought up super saiyan ☠️

John Dragon Ball himself is saying they’re immune to it. Looks fine to me

I don’t see the heart disease as an anti-feat. Resistance levels can vary, just as the ability they are resisting can vary in potency. The heart disease wasn’t ever portrayed as an incredibly common illness on Earth
Could you close this? The topic has been completed, now it only remains to apply things. This is turning into a mess with the Omega misrepresentation.

I’ll resend it because it might’ve been hard to see cuz I made it dots
I looked at the scans.
Right here and Goku in db minus is older too and Goku is shown being older in the broly movie
We don’t know where this image of Goku is from. Even in minus he’s shown as a baby at some point, and this version of Goku raditz brings up seems to be in an incubator so i dont see the correlation

Could you close this? The topic has been completed, now it only remains to apply things. This is turning into a mess with the Omega misrepresentation.
There’s no need to rush things because some people agree. What is your goal here? Accuracy or upgrading your favorite characters? As for now it seems to be the latter, which is a no no.
If someone has contentious ideas then let them lay it out and let the judges do their jobs. Just cause someone agrees with something at a time doesn’t mean it’s always correct, they can change their opinion.

I looked at the scans.

We don’t know where this image of Goku is from. Even in minus he’s shown as a baby at some point, and this version of Goku raditz brings up seems to be in an incubator so i dont see the correlation
Why would Raditz not think about the most recent version of Goku and only him as an infant when he’s trying thinking about him?

Yeah, that's make sense, we could also give limited resistance too.
Shouldn’t be limited

Why would Raditz not think about the most recent version of Goku and only him as an infant when he’s trying thinking about him?
Because, as shown in minus, Raditz is constantly fighting on other worlds and such. We don’t know when was the last time Raditz saw Goku or how long he’s off fighting on other worlds. Again, nothing is contradicting it so it’s not a retcon.
Shouldn’t be limited

Heart virus doesn’t need to be remotely potent as the extinction bomb to work. Literally just being a different type of virus is enough to work.
That’s why the origins and the genetic material matters after all there are quadrillion types of viruses on Earth alone

There’s no need to rush things because some people agree. What is your goal here? Accuracy or upgrading your favorite characters? As for now it seems to be the latter, which is a no no.
If someone has contentious ideas then let them lay it out and let the judges do their jobs. Just cause someone agrees with something at a time doesn’t mean it’s always correct, they can change their opinion.
The only things to be discussed here on the OP is just the quench bomb resistance, that was accepted, the rest is unnecessary derailment, so close the CRT, because all the Op suggested was this.
Before I decide on closing this, whats been left to discuss?

The only things to be discussed here on the OP is just the quench bomb resistance, that was accepted, the rest is unnecessary derailment, so close the CRT, because all the Op suggested was this.
But you’re the one who brought up Ssj having layered resistance… if its such a problem for people to derail why did you even bring up such a topic? It only became “derailment” once someone had contentions with your claim.

Your argument was that this can’t apply to toei because goku is shown being younger in the DBZ anime so toei can’t be used
No? My argument is that toei is another continuity/timeline entirely and that we don't scale alternate versions of a character/species to eachother, i will not answer to the baby goku points since that is not relevant at all to the subject in question at all

Seems Luffy is saying ssj has 50x layer heart resistance? Idk, this is confusing
What he’s explicitly asserting is that Goku’s heart virus is at least 50 times exponentially more potent that ordinary diseases that infect our human body

I agree with the OP and this should be a full resistance.
As stupid as it sounds the heart virus may indeed be potent enough to kill Super Saiyans as it would be the only reason why Trunks would bring this up. It's a virus like no other and a cure was discovered (implied to be by Bulma herself for the sole reason to cure Goku) years later into the future.

The resistance should work with UES for Dragon Ball

No? My argument is that toei is another continuity/timeline entirely and that we don't scale alternate versions of a character/species to eachother, i will not answer to the baby goku points since that is not relevant at all to the subject in question at all
Toriyamas statement applies to Saiyans in general that’s like Toriyama stating Saiyans keep the same hair from the day they were born and only applying it to canon because he didn’t mention Toeiverse when if it involves Saiyans in general

I haven't really read the arguments being made but has anyone acknowledged the implications if the Galactic Patrol created the extinction bomb and can engineer it to work on specific races? Given the lack of morality and the willingness to use it on dangerous races, I doubt they never tried to engineer a virus that would kill Saiyans. Meaning they were never able to engineer a virus that would work on them, an intergalactic civilisation with extremely advanced technology.

With that in mind, not a single virus in the known universe could kill the Saiyans. Not one they had access to and could utilise. And the heart virus is something that occurred on Earth with zero evidence of coming from space that not even Senzu Beans (which can heal the user from any negative effect) could cure.

From my perspective it's clear Saiyans being immune or resistant to most diseases is the norm in Universe 7 and the Earth's Heart Virus is the outlier. If there were a disease that would kill them, the Galactic Patrol would have tried using it already because, again, they engineer and use extinction bombs to wipe out entire civilisations already.

That also obviously would scale to Moro (couldn't kill him in 10 million years), most likely Freeza and Cold (The Galactic Patrol were too afraid to challenge Freeza and it's unlikely they never tried or considered the extinction bomb) and Cell (Who is primarily composed of Saiyan, Freeza, Cold and Piccolo DNA).

Idk where he got his translation from, but Viz says “not even a super saiyan can defeat a disease” which to me implies that super saiyan being strong doesn’t mean it can beat natural causes, has nothing to do with the exact potency of the virus, especially when SSJ is meant to just be a power booster and nothing more.

John Dragon Ball himself is saying they’re immune to it. Looks fine to me

I don’t see the heart disease as an anti-feat. Resistance levels can vary, just as the ability they are resisting can vary in potency. The heart disease wasn’t ever portrayed as an incredibly common illness on Earth
Acctually do not close this yet, we have saw a point of contention regarding the proposal, could you take a look before deciding to close it or not?

Or, trunks is just saying that even being as mighty as super saiyan(lol) wont help vs a virus, for reasons outside of being too weak to fight it. Like for instance, the fact that viruses don’t care about your power
I agree with the OP and this should be a full resistance.
As stupid as it sounds the heart virus may indeed be potent enough to kill Super Saiyans as it would be the only reason why Trunks would bring this up. It's a virus like no other and a cure was discovered (implied to be by Bulma herself for the sole reason to cure Goku) years later into the future.

The resistance should work with UES for Dragon Ball

But not impossible.
Nah it’s impossible.

artworks-kHMR0G2fywqsgUsj-Dps0Ng-t500x500.jpg

Seems Luffy is saying ssj has 50x layer heart resistance? Idk, this is confusing

Yes, the Virus mocks the Super Saiyan's durability, not even a Super Saiyan can do anything about it, this answer of mine was against that person above who mentioned that the Super Saiyan virus refutes the resistance of the extinction bomb, being that the virus is 50 times a common virus.

So obviously it wouldn't be a limited resistance, but a complete one, Goku was resisting a virus that is 50 times the average.

And about the first comment you mentioned I need precision, but that's not related to the Op's argument, only if he wants to.

I haven't really read the arguments being made but has anyone acknowledged the implications if the Galactic Patrol created the extinction bomb and can engineer it to work on specific races? Given the lack of morality and the willingness to use it on dangerous races, I doubt they never tried to engineer a virus that would kill Saiyans. Meaning they were never able to engineer a virus that would work on them, an intergalactic civilisation with extremely advanced technology.

With that in mind, not a single virus in the known universe could kill the Saiyans. Not one they had access to and could utilise. And the heart virus is something that occurred on Earth with zero evidence of coming from space that not even Senzu Beans (which can heal the user from any negative effect) could cure.

From my perspective it's clear Saiyans being immune or resistant to most diseases is the norm in Universe 7 and the Earth's Heart Virus is the outlier. If there were a disease that would kill them, the Galactic Patrol would have tried using it already because, again, they engineer and use extinction bombs to wipe out entire civilisations already.

That also obviously would scale to Moro (couldn't kill him in 10 million years), most likely Freeza and Cold (The Galactic Patrol were too afraid to challenge Freeza and it's unlikely they never tried or considered the extinction bomb) and Cell (Who is primarily composed of Saiyan, Freeza, Cold and Piccolo DNA).
The same extinction bomb has been used to kill other alien races and can kill human Which it’s already been stated to do it just doesn’t work on Saiyans
Wheter it will be limited resistance or not, due to goku still being shown to het sick from other deseases/viruses
Layered

Anyhow, if Goku turns into a Super Saiyan then his biological systems will also be enhanced due to a stronger physique.
Unless we have statements about it making their immune system 50x more efficient then it wouldn't be relevant
Basic biology. Unless there’s mutations and syndromes in Goku’s DNA (which wouldn’t make sense at all), a 50x multiplier into his physique definitely would enhance his immune system.
The exertion process will be exhaustive however Overtraining syndrome only apply to overexertion and turning into SSJ seems casual to Goku therefore shouldn’t weaken his immune system.

Yes, the Virus mocks the Super Saiyan's durability, not even a Super Saiyan can do anything about it, this answer of mine was against that person above who mentioned that the Super Saiyan virus refutes the resistance of the extinction bomb, being that the virus is 50 times a common virus.

So obviously it wouldn't be a limited resistance, but a complete one, Goku was resisting a virus that is 50 times the average.

And about the first comment you mentioned I need precision, but that's not related to the Op's argument, only if he wants to.

Bro what 😭

Trunks is literally saying might doesn’t triumph illness

I disagree with this honestly.

Jaco stated the virus only targeted earthlings therefore it could be specifically designated against earthling DNA or weaker low-class species. Hence, it wouldn’t work on specialized powerful species such as the saiyans. It’ll only qualify for limited immunity since it’s implied to he a specific deadly virus. Not to mention Goku died from a heart virus in Trunk’s dimension; nonetheless, if we haven’t seen Goku resist that lethal virus as a feat I would have to disagree. Or if it worked on another powerful specialized species (such as Frost Demons), that statement would be viable.
That is just an assumption to assume it was designated for human like species. And we already explained why the heart virus isn't an anti feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back