• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiyans' Immunity to Extinction Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could get a Likely. Half-Saiyans are shown to inherit all the combat prowess/capabilities of their Saiyan parent, they just lack the bloodlust most Saiyans have.

There is too little evidence to corroborate the accomplishments of Toei's character, the OP also uses more manga canon scans than Toriyama's statements in other media. I'm also not sure this would be relevant if it were applied to a Toei profile
Pretty sure the Jaco the galactic explorer stuff is canon to db in general and is utilized in the manga and anime so they should be fine and we have WoG statement that applies to all continuities

Pretty sure the Jaco the galactic explorer stuff is canon to db in general and is utilized in the manga and anime so they should be fine and we have WoG statement that applies to all continuities
Not sure if that one statement is enough to apply to their profile, and yet again we're seeing what others have to say about this
That makes sense. What about Buu?
I wouldn't say Buu has this, because the Galactic Patrol never seems to do that to him

Can we cut out the VsBattle Brainrot for a moment and remember how diseases can work differently?

Saiyans can be immune to exinction bombs but still suceptible to the Heart Virus with no layered disease manipulation necessary, as making an ultra lethal disease potent enough to kill a Saiyan is one thing, but making an ultra deadly disease that is also contagious enough to infect the entire race is another.

The Heart Virus is deadly, but not very contagious considering how nobody else got it besides Goku despite the fact that they were in his personal space with no masks or anything during the entire time he was sick. Not to mention that it's got an absurdly long incubation period considering that he got it sometime while he was in space but wasn't feeling ill until literal years later.

Not sure if that one statement is enough to apply to their profile, and yet again we're seeing what others have to say about this

I wouldn't say Buu has this, because the Galactic Patrol never seems to do that to him
Wdym? It’s a WoG statement that’s consistent with what’s said in the series
Jaco the galactic explorer manga is not canon to toei, it contradicts the entire "goku was send as a literal baby" stuff that toei makes clear
Are you referring to the age or the purpose? Either way even DBZ manga has retconned a lot of stuff so if we’re not applying it to toei don’t apply this to the dbz manga and only for the dbs manga which I’m ok with tbh

In fact, it is mentioned that even the Super Saiyan 1 transformation could not stop this disease and Vegeta mentions that when he transformed his diseases were accelerating even more, so this virus is 50 times a common virus.

This is not an anti feat at all, but a much better resistance that helps more, since Goku was enduring his heart disease to a certain extent, we also saw that when Goku took the beans, it didn't even help against the virus , so I'm going to be direct and say I agree with this completely.

I disagree with this honestly.

Jaco stated the virus only targeted earthlings therefore it could be specifically designated against earthling DNA or weaker low-class species. Hence, it wouldn’t work on specialized powerful species such as the saiyans. It’ll only qualify for limited immunity since it’s implied to he a specific deadly virus. Not to mention Goku died from a heart virus in Trunk’s dimension; nonetheless, if we haven’t seen Goku resist that lethal virus as a feat I would have to disagree. Or if it worked on another powerful specialized species (such as Frost Demons), that statement would be viable.

In the manga we actually never knew why Goku was sent, only a statement from the Saiyans. It fits perfectly, regardless, Toriyama’s ideology only fits within the manga as the anime sorta does it’s own thing.
Yeah no (. . . .) The reasoning is different and the age discrepancies it was simply retconned
Both

non sequitur, that has nothing to do with my point at all

Dbs manga is canon to dbz manga which is canon to dbs anime tho
That isn’t non sequitr I’m pointing out if you think Gokus age is contradictory instead of realizing it’s a retcon then we should apply the same logic to the original DBZ Manga since they do the same thing and have goku as a baby instead of a kid like in Super and db minus
It is not retconed, we never knew for sure why he was sent to Earth until the broly movie
That’s wrong but even if that was true you’d have to ignore the age discrepancy

In conclusion this applies to Toei and DBZ Manga
Or doesn’t apply to neither and only the DBS Manga I’m fine with this option too
I disagree with this honestly.

Jaco stated the virus only targeted earthlings therefore it could be specifically designated against earthling DNA or weaker low-class species. Hence, it wouldn’t work on specialized powerful species such as the saiyans. It’ll only qualify for limited immunity since it’s implied to he a specific deadly virus. Not to mention Goku died from a heart virus in Trunk’s dimension; nonetheless, if we haven’t seen Goku resist that lethal virus as a feat I would have to disagree.
Yeah no it’s stated the virus killed other alien species and couldn’t kill saiyans it doesn’t just only work on humans Heart virus is probably just more potent since it probably came from outer space or Yardrat or wtv

In fact, it is mentioned that even the Super Saiyan 1 transformation could not stop this disease and Vegeta mentions that when he transformed his diseases were accelerating even more, so this virus is 50 times a common virus.

This is not an anti feat at all, but a much better resistance that helps more, since Goku was enduring his heart disease to a certain extent, we also saw that when Goku took the beans, it didn't even help against the virus , so I'm going to be direct and say I agree with this completely.

It’ll still be limited immunity but not all diseases entirely anyways

The extinction bomb wouldn’t kill saiyans doesn’t mean heart viruses won’t

Yeah no (. . . .) The reasoning is different and the age discrepancies it was simply retconned

That isn’t non sequitr I’m pointing out if you think Gokus age is contradictory instead of realizing it’s a retcon then we should apply the same logic to the original DBZ Manga since they do the same thing and have goku as a baby instead of a kid like in Super and db minus

Or doesn’t apply to neither and only the DBS Manga I’m fine with this option too

Yeah no it’s stated the virus killed other alien species and couldn’t kill saiyans it doesn’t just only work on humans Heart virus is probably just more potent since it probably came from outer space or Yardrat or wtv
Isn’t the extinction bomb also manufactured by inter-galactic forces? I never caviled it only worked against human DNA, but designated for it. I presumed other species also died for being biologically weak, just as humans with weak immune systems.

Layered resistances exist bro
Yeah, for that specific type of virus but if it’s something like Visceral leishmaniasis it would be a different story. Perhaps it could resist against viruses in-general but not diseases caused by other pathogens (or stronger viruses).

Strength, power, and vitality correlates with the Immune System. The Saiyans obviously have a strong immune system for being a warrior race, hence something like an extinction bomb used to wipe out weaker species could be resisted.

By that logic, any species as strong as saiyans should also qualify for layered resistances however iirc that’s not exactly how it works.

The Bubonic Plague almost exterminated all of humanity and that extinction bomb sounds like a more efficient and deadly version of it.

That isn’t non sequitr I’m pointing out if you think Gokus age is contradictory instead of realizing it’s a retcon then we should apply the same logic to the original DBZ Manga
we should not as the original manga has no such contradiction whatsoever

since they do the same thing and have goku as a baby instead of a kid like in Super and db minus
The db manga never shows goku as a new born baby, in the broly movie we see that he is a baby, just older then what the dbz anime showed, they are different timelines anyway so idk what logic you are inplying here

Yeah we never knew, all we knew was what raditz knew, and that is explained as him just being plain wrong as shown in the broly movie, also no age was ever stated in the original manga

this applies to the original continuity

It’ll still be limited immunity but not all diseases entirely anyways

The extinction bomb wouldn’t kill saiyans doesn’t mean heart viruses won’t
Too bad, bro, but this virus is layered, 50 times an ordinary virus, capable of laying down a Super Saiyan who is capable of taking stars easily, so it's not just any heart disease that will kill Goku.

Too bad, bro, but this virus is layered, 50 times an ordinary virus, capable of laying down a Super Saiyan who is capable of taking stars easily, so it's not just any heart disease that will kill Goku.
His ap is completely irrelevant

Either way, i think that it should be limited resistance to this speciphic virus, as other ones have shown to work as they are different virus'

You can't stack multipliers to virus like this, that isn't how it works, in ssj1 he in exerting his body more, which = imune system working less, that is an irl thing also mind you

Really depends on the lore into those viruses, we don’t know much about those fictional pathogens which intersects a huge obstacle

Either way, i think that it should be limited resistance to this speciphic virus, as other ones have shown to work as they are different virus'
actually, it is relevant because AP in Dragon Ball is based on pure physical power therefore correlates with physique

Last edited:
we should not as the original manga has no such contradiction whatsoever

The db manga never shows goku as a new born baby, in the broly movie we see that he is a baby, just older then what the dbz anime showed, they are different timelines anyway so idk what logic you are inplying here

Yeah we never knew, all we knew was what raditz knew, and that is explained as him just being plain wrong as shown in the broly movie, also no age was ever stated in the original manga

this applies to the original continuity
I just showed 4 scans of the original manga contradictions

we see raditz have goku depicted as a baby and raditz in the broly movie said he saw his brother before he got sent to a planet called earth when he was on that one planet with Nappa and vegeta and then we have a LITERAL statement that goes with this where he’s literally stated to be a baby

Im saying DBS Manga is a continuation of Z manga that part was just retconned like Goku being sent to earth to destroy it etc.

Obviously increasing your power isn’t gonna help heart failure lmfao. Actually, I’d say that him transforming making it worse would make sense, since at this point in the story, transforming into a Ssj still requires effort

You can't stack multipliers to virus like this, that isn't how it works, in ssj1 he in exerting his body more, which = imune system working less, that is an irl thing also mind you
I don't know where you got limited resistance from, given that the resistance is complete here, and everyone agreed (team members), you can't do anything but deny the obvious

And about AP maybe, when not mentioned, not even Super Saiyan 1 is able to stop it, it is layered at least 50 times, but yes multipliers are used here as long as the disease stops even a Super Saiyan 1

You can deny it as many times as you want.

I just showed 4 scans of the original manga contradictions
When have you showed such

we see raditz have goku depicted as a baby
show it

and raditz in the broly movie said he saw his brother before he got sent to a planet called earth
so?

when he was on that one planet with Nappa and vegeta and then we have a LITERAL statement that goes with this where he’s literally stated to be a baby
He was a baby in the broly movie tho, a toddler of 3 to 4 year old is still a baby, if all you have of contradiction is that he is a baby, sorry to break it to you, but he really was a baby

Im saying DBS Manga is a continuation of Z manga that part was just retconned like Goku being sent to earth to destroy it etc.
I don't understand how this correlates to the toei being another continuity therefore we don't scale things from canon to it, like, how does this have anything to do with the subject at all? What are you arguing that it was retconed dude?

And about AP maybe, when not mentioned, not even Super Saiyan 1 is able to stop it, it is layered at least 50 times, but yes multipliers are used here as long as the disease stops even a Super Saiyan 1
How was turning into a super saiyan supposed to help the fact his heart is failing. What, was he gonna punch the virus? 💀

Obviously increasing your power isn’t gonna help heart failure lmfao. Actually, I’d say that him transforming making it worse would make sense, since at this point in the story, transforming into a Ssj still requires effort
Sorry knights of the zodiacs fan, but here it is obvious that it is accepted, the virus is explained that not even Super Saiyan 1 could not do anything, so no, your comment is not saying anything about anything, the virus is 50 times a disease normal, it is layered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back