• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z (Toei) - Cooler Rework (Cooler's Revenge/The Return of Cooler/Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Reminded of You!

Noticed our Dragon Ball movie profiles aren't at their best and seeing as Cooler's Revenge was one of the first DBZ movies I watched, I decided to rework his profile after I noticed how terrible it was, lacking powers, descriptions, references, scans and so, here we are. I know I haven't made a content revision thread for Dragon Ball in probably years despite my love for the series but it's got enough supports handling it, it don't need me. However, I thought I'd lend a hand for one of my favorite movie villains.

Here is Cooler's current profile.

Here is my updated version.

Overall, I think it's much better. For noticable and obvious changes...

* I added scans, references, and descriptions for his powers and abilities, statistics which was needed. I added new powers that weren't there and removed unnecessary ones. I linked the Ki Manipulation (Dragon Ball) page since the previous one just links to our standards chi manipulation page. I updated his range, stamina (not sure how his last key has High Universal range)

* His keys and tabbers are now named after the movies/specials he was in "Cooler's Revenge" | "The Return of Cooler" | "Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans". The pna tabbers (the first two) have his forms separated obviously. This keeps everything organized in my opinion. I removed all the non sourced stuff.

* For noticable Cooler's Revenge changes, the reason I altered his Type 2 Immortality description is because it doesn't need to mention Frieza. Cooler survived his Supernova explosion and was left near dead. The Big Gete Star then absorbed his brain and his consciousness took over which lets us no he was still alive otherwise his consciousness/spirit would have went to the afterlife, we even see that he's just a head with a small portion of his face and he had to create a body. So yeah, Cooler survived and retained his consciousness as just a head/brain until the the Big Gete Star absorbed him.

* For noticable Return of Cooler changes. Cooler's true self is the Big Gete Star, his consciousness is in control and thus that is why it's the first mentioned on the key, his statistics are unknown because harming a weakened SS Goku is unquantifiable because Goku was weakened from fighting Meta-Cooler and having his energy drained, there is no reason to assume Goku was Multi-Solar System level. The reason Meta-Cooler doesn't have his own key is because he can't exist without the real Cooler/Big Gete Star being active and you can still use Meta-Cooler, the rating is just "Unknown" (Core Cooler/Big Gete Star), "Multi-Solar System level+" for Meta-Cooler. It's easy to follow but if people think they should remain separate, I can break them into keys and change the tabber.

* Other than that, everything should be self evident. However, I noticed "Super Evolution" Cooler is mentioned on the profile as his fifth form, but the dub says he was in his 3rd form. So the Super Evolution would be his fourth form. However, I assume that's just a dub error so I left it. If someone could clear up which is right, that would help. Other feedback is appreciated.

Agree: 15 (Apex_Predator_GX, UchihaSlayer96, EmperorRorepmeThree, RedReaper, LordTracer, LuffyRuffy46307, ProfectusInfinity, Accelerated_Evolution, Qawsedf234, Spectra_Schiffer, Killerdrone123, Vietthai96, Eseseso, TheGreatBanana, SamanPatou,

Disagree:

Last edited:
This looks pretty great. The only question I have to propose is if we consider the Meta-Cooler's Instant Transmission feat as only MFTL+, considering the context of how it works in the film continuity (as a spatial-temporal surpassing technique and method of transportation, meaning the time frame Cooler would need to react to prevent Goku from immediately THUNKING him in the face basically couldn't be finite.)

Do note I'm not suggesting Infinite or Immeasurable speed. I'm asking how the Teleportation should be better clarified on his profile.

This looks pretty great. The only question I have to propose is if we consider the Meta-Cooler's Instant Transmission feat as only MFTL+, considering the context of how it works in the film continuity (as a spatial-temporal surpassing technique and method of transportation, meaning the time frame Cooler would need to react to prevent Goku from immediately THUNKING him in the face basically couldn't be finite.)

Do note I'm not suggesting Infinite or Immeasurable speed. I'm asking how the Teleportation should be better clarified on his profile.
I think we'd need to make a thread about IT in that regard. I simply put it as higher because he uses it to gain the edge speed wise, keeps it simplistic for now.

Why is Big Gete Star Cooler Unknown when he was able to, like, overpower and throttle a weakened Super Saiyan Goku.
I explained that in the OP... Goku is weakened from his fight with Meta-Cooler and got his energy absorbed. We don't know what level he's at. Also, a weak SS Vegeta also blasted through that Cooler and Goku obliterated him once he got free. I don't think he scales to 4-A.

Reasonably speaking, would he be any weaker than he is in base form, given he is a Super Saiyan?
If SS Goku is weakened then obviously base Goku is weakened. We don't know how strong Goku in general is after all the stuff he went through before Core Cooler attacked him. I see no reason to scale Core Cooler to 4-A for beating up a weakened Goku regardless of if he's in Super Saiyan as that doesn't mean he's (a busted up SS Goku) os stronger that a full health Base Goku. It's unquantifiable in my honest opinion.

I think that if Goku and Vegeta managed to stay in Super Saiyan despite being drained then that means they weren't too out of energy.

So I think "At Least [Base Saiyan tier]" should be fine.

Basically what null said.

It should be noted that weakened SSJ Goku (and Vegeta) managed to overload Cooler, so he literally couldn't handle their energy. Literally meaning he can't scale to even their weakened SSJ levels of power. That said, Cooler's head should still at least probably be on the same physical level it was back when he first fought Goku on Earth, so still at least Multi-Solar System level if we're quantifying it and not leaving it Unknown.

Actually, shouldn't Cooler have a "...potentially the benefits of a Scouter..." bit in his First Film Key? Since we know Scouters ARE on his ship and that he's able to provide the Squadron with them?

Reminded of You!

Noticed our Dragon Ball movie profiles aren't at their best and seeing as Cooler's Revenge was one of the first DBZ movies I watched, I decided to rework his profile after I noticed how terrible it was, lacking powers, descriptions, references, scans and so, here we are. I know I haven't made a content revision thread for Dragon Ball in probably years despite my love for the series but it's got enough supports handling it, it don't need me. However, I thought I'd lend a hand for one of my favorite movie villains.

Here is Cooler's current profile.

Here is my updated version.

Overall, I think it's much better. For noticable and obvious changes...

* I added scans, references, and descriptions for his powers and abilities, statistics which was needed. I added new powers that weren't there and removed unnecessary ones. I linked the Ki Manipulation (Dragon Ball) page since the previous one just links to our standards chi manipulation page. I updated his range, stamina (not sure how his last key has High Universal range)

* His keys and tabbers are now named after the movies/specials he was in "Cooler's Revenge" | "The Return of Cooler" | "Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans". The pna tabbers (the first two) have his forms separated obviously. This keeps everything organized in my opinion. I removed all the non sourced stuff.

* For noticable Cooler's Revenge changes, the reason I altered his Type 2 Immortality description is because it doesn't need to mention Frieza. Cooler survived his Supernova explosion and was left near dead. The Big Gete Star then absorbed his brain and his consciousness took over which lets us no he was still alive otherwise his consciousness/spirit would have went to the afterlife, we even see that he's just a head with a small portion of his face and he had to create a body. So yeah, Cooler survived and retained his consciousness as just a head/brain until the the Big Gete Star absorbed him.

* For noticable Return of Cooler changes. Cooler's true self is the Big Gete Star, his consciousness is in control and thus that is why it's the first mentioned on the key, his statistics are unknown because harming a weakened SS Goku is unquantifiable because Goku was weakened from fighting Meta-Cooler and having his energy drained, there is no reason to assume Goku was Multi-Solar System level. The reason Meta-Cooler doesn't have his own key is because he can't exist without the real Cooler/Big Gete Star being active and you can still use Meta-Cooler, the rating is just "Unknown" (Core Cooler/Big Gete Star), "Multi-Solar System level+" for Meta-Cooler. It's easy to follow but if people think they should remain separate, I can break them into keys and change the tabber.

* Other than that, everything should be self evident. However, I noticed "Super Evolution" Cooler is mentioned on the profile as his fifth form, but the dub says he was in his 3rd form. So the Super Evolution would be his fourth form. However, I assume that's just a dub error so I left it. If someone could clear up which is right, that would help. Other feedback is appreciated.

Agree: 4 (Apex_Predator_GX, UchihaSlayer96, EmperorRorepmeThree, RedReaper,

Disagree:
Good job, but I think you should fix it in the "Ki Manipulation (Master Level)" section because it's currently only available for Canon Continuity. And does it more like other current Toei profiles

I think that if Goku and Vegeta managed to stay in Super Saiyan despite being drained then that means they weren't too out of energy.

It should be noted that weakened SSJ Goku (and Vegeta) managed to overload Cooler, so he literally couldn't handle their energy. Literally meaning he can't scale to even their weakened SSJ levels of power. That said, Cooler's head should still at least probably be on the same physical level it was back when he first fought Goku on Earth, so still at least Multi-Solar System level if we're quantifying it and not leaving it Unknown.
Alright then, I'll update his tier when I return home.

Organize the power and abilities like this

*superhuman characteristics
*Ki manipulation
Done.

Good job, but I think you should fix it in the "Ki Manipulation (Master Level)" section because it's currently only available for Canon Continuity. And does it more like other current Toei profiles
I see, I'll change it then when I get back home.

I'm fine with the updated profile. Though the following scans:

Are broken.
Do these work?

I made a render of the Big Gete Star for you. So you can use it instead of its current picture. :)
Thanks, I've added it.

I've now changed it to the descriptions on the Toei profiles, kept the stuff Cooler does with his ki just for reference purposes.

I've now updated core Cooler's statistics.

Actually, shouldn't Cooler have a "...potentially the benefits of a Scouter..." bit in his First Film Key? Since we know Scouters ARE on his ship and that he's able to provide the Squadron with them?
I guess but Cooler himself doesn't use them, I tried to keep things strictly he'd use or is directly his.

What about type 6 immortality? Will he lose?
He'll lose it, Meta-Cooler can't transmit his consciousness to another Meta-Cooler because it's Core Cooler that is controlling all of them at the same time, and Core Cooler is the core, he can spread his consciousness to all the Meta-Cooler but he's still the core and destroying him destroys all of them. So this Cooler doesn't really have this Immortality type.

He'll lose it, Meta-Cooler can't transmit his consciousness to another Meta-Cooler because it's Core Cooler that is controlling all of them at the same time, and Core Cooler is the core, he can spread his consciousness to all the Meta-Cooler but he's still the core and destroying him destroys all of them. So this Cooler doesn't really have this Immortality type.
Great job, i really liked that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back