• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
I think it's less the comments themselves and more that he's already been warned several times and is clearly not improving. I can slap on 3 weeks if we want to hit the median.
That seems fine.

Vulgar language: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3654418

I mean, he even censored "****" out. That's the only part that's really considered a swear and fandom doesn't care that much about it, but eh.

Reporting Alexcar3000 over a series of disputes. I'll TL;DR the situation as I understand it here, as of writing this I've already warned Alexcar that the next action of direct harassment will result in a short ban (probably three days if I have my way).

First action was Alexcar generally just being disruptive in a Discord chat. Has no correlation here, obviously, so I just muted him for a while. He then sent a message boiling down to "wtf what did I do". I explained the situation to him to find out that he had blocked me- he responded to the presumed sent message with "lol", as in, he blocked the chance for an explanation. I kicked him from the server for awhile until he calmed down and moved on.

Following this I found when I looked at the wiki again that I had a message from Alexcar, here. Nothing aggressive, just "lol you forgot". I closed the thread after explaining that when he actually wished to talk he was free to do so. He then messaged agai with obviously increased aggressiveness and several false claims about myself. I advised him to back off and take a break, and that this was now an official warning in regards to harassment.

His final message resulted in me mentioning it to others, including Wok who stepped in while I was working on another endeavor. The post itself continues to be overly aggressive for effectively no reason other than to be aggressive and snide. A lot of it is just outright insults. Another message and I'm banning the dude for three days, he's just being overly aggressive for no reason and is ignoring any communication from any other party.

I don't see how this is harassment, and while Alex talks in a weird way, he was clearly willing to discuss and resolve things, which makes it look like a bad move to just constantly close the threads and pass it off as him being increasingly aggressive

The last message really makes it seem everything was just a failure in communication and different opinions as to what aggressiveness is than Alex being genuinely malicious

From the rest of the messages on your message wall thread it seems like you two have kinda come to a conclusion.

Regardless, I am strongly against a 3 day ban for someone making one thread on your message wall (after you'd told him to stop messaging you, I know he made two threads before that) and being somewhat confrontational.

I mean. The dude implied I was using mod powers to mute him in a seemingly discriminatory way and when I told him to stop he just started implying I was afraid of him. He wasn't exactly the nicest gent. Since he has stopped as of now I'm dropping it, but it was clearly aggressive in nature. I interpret his last message as realizing what I've been talking about, hence closing the thread. The issue is fine now.

also to be fair he was told multiple times during the last thread to go take a break so I'm counting that as multiple times, just in one thread

Either way, situation defused, dude got a warning and that's it.

I have blocked BlitzSevenTeen, seemed pretty obvious he was ZaStando27 or EarthyBoy. The 1-A Sonic stuff and "Vendetta" against ShadowWarrior seemed to indicate this. As for Celestial Judge, I think a three week block seemed fine for now as Wokistan took care of it. And lastly, about Ted Ed. I did suspect him/her of being a sock of Mikoto Misaka for multiple indications which I will list below.

Ted Ed does comment on the exact same verses as Mikoto and her numerous socks have; this includes Fire Emblem (Specifically trying to upgrade Fire Emblem 6/7 to 4-A via "Stars shining midday." and the Tokyo Mirage Sessions familiarity similar to this sock), Phoenix Wright, Various SNK verses such as King of Fighters, interested in Street Fighter Vs King of Fighters, has a tendency to downplay random characters or verses without context for the sake of spite. Example was trying to make everyone in Mortal Kombat 9-C because "They die from bullets" and she did this shortly after Ryu was losing to Liu Kang a while back. He/she also randomly says stuff like "9-B fodder because people die from nukes" without factual context. Also has a tenancy to make stomp threads (Second also has a slur word in the title that Fandom considers ban worthy). All of these seem like indications of her being her which several other staff members have agreed with me.

As for Alexcar, I'm neutral; but I suppose Andy is making sense for how to deal with him.

Yes, Wokistan blocked him for three weeks due to his multiple warnings and continuous aggression.

Fandom did not consider the b-word to be banworthy, just rude, when I asked them about it recently, which is why I removed it from the word filter after Cal asked me to.

That said, I also think that it seems very likely that Ted Ed is Mikoto.

If you guys are still indecisive about Ted Ed and what to do with this user, let me give you my input. You guys said that Misaka made another sock that went by Hans right? Well I talked to Hans on another site and he/she wanted me to make a match up of Antman vs Thanos. Here is the thread for that. And Ted Ed also responded soon after on that vs thread I have made for him/her as shown here. Not only this Ted Ed also advocated that Antman would win, something that Hans has been shown hinting for in my first link.

So are the rest of you fine with if Medeus bans Ted Ed?

Obviously not my decision to make, but with all the evidence in mind I think it's quite clear. Ted Ed being so quickly involved with and passionate about just about every CRT that Misaka was before being blocked makes things quite painfully clear.

Yeah I'd say it's fine.

Okay. Feel free to ban him/her then.

As another thing that we can't really take action against- a sign of my not-staff status has appeared and there's a troll currently roaming pretending to be me on Discord, dunno who it is but if people need to confirm that's not me my own Discord is pretty public. So if you get a random dude with the name "Mr. Bambu" on Discord, that ain't me.

Okay. You should mention this at the top of your profile page and message wall note. That is what I do.

I have blocked Ted Ed most people seemed to agree with the consensus.

Well, I have also seen him do so, and although it obviously isn't ban-worthy, it is still inappropriate.

Not warn exactly, just instruct him that it is inappropriate and needs to stop.

My apologies. I misremembered. I think it was Gewsbumpz who I saw advertising his versus threads in an unrelated discussion. I hope that this has not caused any problems.

Alright, I don't feel the best about being the one to do it, but I'm making a report regarding Firephoenixearl (I apologize in advance for such a long post).

Earl has been banned numerous times for various reasons, but each of these have been partial or temporary in the hopes that he will be able to shape up. In this one, for example, Fire was reported for having given doctored scans. The ultimate verdict was that since the doctored scans could have been a accident, it wasn't necessarily ban worthy as long as Earl responded to explain himself. His only response was "Hmm, im sorry but to my knowledge i haven't been breaking any rules (or at least i don't think i am). I would like to at least know which rule of the wiki says "fire has done something bad"." Despite the fact no real response to the issues was brought up, including the additional issues of toxicity, downplay, and wank, it was decided we should be lenient since Earl had become slightly better since his previous ban was lifted.

Now, I hate to be the one to say this, but it's time to face the music. It's been over a year since the report was made, and no change in behavior can be noted, only a change in the verses this applied to. After people looked over the profiles in GetBackers after their initial creation and looked over the arguments about their powers, it was stated that most of the things on profiles and used as arguments were heavily out of context or simply wank, for example.

This is a a example of the average thread since the match ban Earl was subjected to was lifted. The thread is full of toxicity and problems in general, but to name just one is the argument made by Earl that Limbo's data powers will bypass Reinhard's defenses and abilities, despite the difference in their potency of his powers and the mechanics of his abilities, signifying extreme bias.

This is a thread one month later, with The Operator vs Yhwach. Here, it was argued that Limbo could not be reached by Yhwach despite his teleportation, and that he lacked any sort of method to break things that aren't supernatural, and that the Almighty would fail because defeating the Warframes is impossible for anyone to do in any capacity.

This thread is a more recent example of similar wank and toxicity, arguing for Rakudai to have higher-D hax based on nonstandard dimensions and using it as a argument to bypass Accelerator's powers.

Even more recently this thread surfaced. Here, Earl explicitly stated that they were not willing accept any verdict except the one they wanted and explicitly would not drop the argument unless what they wanted to change was changed, effectively stonewalling the entire argument.

I understand there are numerous people who will inevitably feel that this report is made out of bias. For these reasons, I have compiled a list of additional threads that can be looked at for context and greater understanding of the issues at hand (as well as because of the sheer amount of info that needs to be looked over.)

Edelweiss vs Kars

Most Skilled Characters

Stella vs Lux

Mori Jin vs Ikki

Ikki Clone Discussio

Ikki vs Shalltear

Cole vs Ikki

Ikki vs Hinata

Ban vs Terumi

To summarize, I feel that the wiki should at least consider giving more serious punishment for Earl due to the reasons stated above on the grounds of extreme bias, wank, downplay, and general toxicity and rudeness.

While I've had a lot of issues in my discussions with Earl, overall I'm relatively neutral. But I don't think there was much of an issue with this thread. Katanagatari's abilities were played up a fair bit, and eventually the thread agreed to his downgrades (and more).

ALSO, I never saw him say he "would not drop the argument unless what they wanted to change was changed", and I don't quite know if something like that is report-worthy? I've had a similar attitude against things that Earl has argued before (like Low 2-C Medaka Box).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back