• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. We should probably stop arguing about this then.

I say this as the biggest anti-Earl advocate on the site. He has not broken any rules. Is he a pain to debate against? Sure. Does he bring up some of the most ridiculous shit? Absolutely. Does he get on people's nerves? Without a doubt. But he has not broken any rules here. At most, he's obnoxious.

If you don't like what he's doing, you don't have to respond to him or the threads he is on. If you disagree with him, great. We all disagree with each other at some point. I believe Earl stonewalling isn't done out of malice, but passion. We've all been there. Personally, I don't like it, but there's not much you can really do about it.

We have rules in place that punish malice, not assholery. I know that sounds crass, but we've all been assholes at least once. So Earl shouldn't be banned, but he should seriously consider getting a change in attitude.

I know we should stop arguing about it, so anyone who wants to respond to this please do it on my message wall, but for posterity I want to clarify something about "Earl editing scans."

I think that it's a complete non-issue. As I mentioned here in that RVT. The only two edits to the scan were that he used a different group's translation, and that instead of just having a single vertical panel, he cropped it in half and moved it to the side. Here's the original here's Earl's edit.

Considering his argument in the thread was only about the stand's visuals, these edits don't add or remove from his point in any way. And since they mostly seem innocent, I don't see any issue with it.

Thank you for the evaluations.

Closed the thread.

He doesn't seem like a troll tbh. I may be wrong though. I'll just be giving a warning to him currently.

Probably. But repeatedly calling other users including the staff as little fanboys and calling someone someone stupid fanboy make him sound like one. Or he's just someone incredibly obnoxious. Anyway, thanks

I think people don't exactly understand that if your last five points on a thread have been just insulting other users and not debating, it is bannable behaviour.

I didn't give him a warning because he called the other person a fanboy, I gave it because he was derailing the thread, being unreasonable, and with no context claiming everyone else was a DC fanboy.

Anyhow, as I said, the issue is resolved

I'm sorry but fanboy is has to be one of the most thrown around insults here. I'm pretty sure everyone has been called one, and I don't think people actually get offended, just irratated. He also looks relatively new. He gave good reasonings in his thread too.

If we just warn newcomers without actually trying to teach and emphathize with them chances are they are going to want to rebel or just leave. His warning should be both strict but also informative aswell as other newcomers because they likely come from another battle wiki or platform where that is allowed

Just my 2c.

Sorry for the DRail.

I know how to give warnings, thank you. You can check for yourself if you doubt my ability to provide one.

You don't need to be haughty about it, Zark. Shisui didn't say anything to you with that kind of tone, so there's reason for you to respond as such.

Really, you're defeating your own case by meeting a relatively inoffensive and (from what I can tell) well-meaning suggestion with "I know how to give warnings, thank you."

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Hey I contacted Zark on her wall. I see where I could've came off like it was targeted toward her but I didn't mean to. We chopped it up. I wanted to say it on here but it might've been on the dRailing side so ill shorten it up so maybe it doesn't take up too much space.

I was just saying us as a community both staff and nonstaff should be more informative on how we are different from other battle platforms. Most of the new comers come from websites where calling someone a Fanboy and a Wanker are allowed, so I think that when they are new and show this type of behavior we should have a mini paragraph stating how we are different from other platforms.

Again sorry for the dRail tried to shorten it up as much as possible

pls don't fuss at meh

I was frustrated from an unrelated incident when I typed the comment, and I recognized somewhat immediately after the actual intent of Shisui's post and my own pointless aggression.

I have apologized for my conduct to Shisui

This perso needs to take several seats going by this thread where he called me an immature kid and proceeded to insult the creators of said verse, calling them Incels, as well as getting very heated for no reason.

Udlmaster said:
This perso needs to take several seats going by this thread where he called me an immature kid and proceeded to insult the creators of said verse, calling them Incels, as well as getting very heated for no reason.
Indeed. I insulted Udlmaster altho he started the heated ambient with his offensive actitude... It seems you are well know for doing this.

Indeed. I insulted Udlmaster altho he started the heated ambient with his offensive actitude... It seems you are well know for doing this.

I didn't say anything antagonistic what so ever, the closest was me pointing out you didn't know what you was talking about, and that was proven right by your last statement saying you don't know anything about the "shitty" verse.

I didn't call you immature, I didn't use language like "lol" or "boy" or "incel" or insult a verse one has put a lot of time into, I didn't even make an ad hominem attack.

Udlmaster said:
I didn't say anything antagonistic what so ever, the closest was me pointing out you didn't know what you was talking about, and that was proven right by your last statement saying you don't know anything about the "shitty" verse.
I didn't call you immature, I didn't use language like "lol" or "boy" or "incel" or insult a verse one has put a lot of time into, I didn't even make an ad hominem attack.

Im not losing any time with you, the proof is in the discussion itself, bye bye.

I think what you just said right now is proof against you, Lanens. But I'm not going to judge and I am going to read the thread

Listentomyrhytm said:
I think what you just said right now is proof against you, Lanens. But I'm not going to judge and I am going to read the thread
Good, checkout the strawman, the complex question fallacies, he calling me a "mouth piece" before the incident happens, etc...

I also think that is pertinent to look up into the "accouser" antecedent. Yes, i did a mistake, but it is not fond of me. However it seems Udlmaster is known for polemics even with admins and for reporting every user that remotely pisses him off. This should be relevant to understand that my action was not all alone my fault.

I think none of you behaved well. Replying an ad hominem with aggresive behavior isn't the best approach and you both should stop discussing right now. If there's a reason why the thread was closed is due to one of you know that continuing the conversation would only lead to more heated arguments over and over the same name-calling and personal attacks.

Outside of the ad hominem and the name calling (which has been done in both sides), there's no big offense done here. So take this as a warning for your behavior and drop the subject, please.

Good, checkout the strawman, the complex question fallacies, he calling me a "mouth piece" before the incident happens, etc...

What? Saying you're making other people's arguments, which is what mouth piece means, is not offensive language, I even say as such in the thread when I ask if you're going to make a new argument or not.

Also what? I like how you're just straight up making attacks against my character, saying that I report anyone I disagree with or makes me mad.

I've only ever report 3 people, Matthew, because I thought he was stonewalling, some guy who sent me a very very shady link and you for flat out insulting me and intentionally wasting my time and now you're going on to slander me, which just adds on to why I reported you.

Udlmaster said:
What? Saying you're making other people's arguments, which is what mouth piece means, is not offensive language, I even say as such in the thread when I ask if you're going to make a new argument or not.
Also what? I like how you're just straight up making attacks against my character, saying that I report anyone I disagree with or makes me mad.

I've only ever report 3 people, Matthew, because I thought he was stonewalling, some guy who sent me a very very shady link and you for flat out insulting me and intentionally wasting my time and now you're going on to slander me, which just adds on to why I reported you.
Is an insult regardless of what you think.

"Also what? I like how you're just straight up making attacks against my character, saying that I report anyone I disagree with or makes me mad."

I didn´t said that, other admin said it, and is part of your general reputation.

Look, it´s ok. Please don´t clutter the thread anymore.

Forgive me for all the time you lose reading this guys. This is my last message. Bye bye.

I will send him a message saying that he's not allowed to make Vs Thread anymore. He's had multiple warnings, and he was banned for vandalism at one point; but that block expired. But I say forbid him from creating Vs Threads is fair.

I trust Medeus sense of judgement.

Also, regarding the earlier incident, outright insults and provocations are obviously worse than not using them.

Definitely not new. Speaking of, you can check when someone joined by just going to their profile

Hmm.... I suppose a maybe a ban on making verses for a week maybe good? You never know if someone is ignorant or could be making spite matches..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back