• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Marvel's Abstracts (Part 2.5 of ?????)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be inferred, for instance, that the temporal dimension is what governs causality and thus something that is outside spacetime should be acausal, but that's very rarely the case in practice
That's because we don't consider causality to be restricted by time, as a default. I believe the example that was given back when this was discussed is that fiction often depicts cause-and-effect relationships happening in places without time or places with stopped time. So the assumption is that the temporal dimension does not govern causality to begin with.

Here, meanwhile, we do know that the White-Hot Room is the root of all becoming in the lower planes, so the inference I am making here is not comparable to what you say at all.

That's because we don't consider causality to be restricted by time, as a default. I believe the example that was given back when this was discussed is that fiction often depicts cause-and-effect relationships happening in places without time or places with stopped time. So the assumption is that the temporal dimension does not govern causality to begin with.
Is that because it is not logically sound or because it is so routinely ignored by fictional verses?

Is that because it is not logically sound or because it is so routinely ignored by fictional verses?
The examples used to justify the notion point towards the latter, but it doesn't particularly matter, either way. For the purposes of this discussion, the WHR is much more analogous to a case where we are, in fact, explicitly told that the temporal dimension governs causality.

What do you think, Ultima?
I believe Lawyer has already taken care of that? What exactly does Dread plan to polish?

I have rendered Chaos and Order images, since the outlines are a bit pixeled. I cleaned them and replaced them.

Are you going to create new pages or simply move them to existing pages? Since there are many with invalid links (mentioned Characters), if you are doing the latter, let me know, so I can fix those.

@Ultima_Reality I’m not sure I follow the whole “they’re above creation therefore they become unchangeable” part, plus the Imgur scan you linked I can barely read the text without it being blurry as hell. Is there a blog I can look through that talks about this and how the beings above the white hot room become a constant or whatever? Because the scans on the profiles aren’t really explaining anything for type 5.

• Possibility 1 – time manipulation: I think the character could simply be beyond cause and effect, might have the ability to manipulate time itself. This could mean they can move freely through time, affecting events, without being subject to the linear flow of cause and effect. Their actions might seem to defy causality from the perspective of observers.
  • Possibility 2: Or the character could exist simultaneously in multiple parallel universes, where cause and effect operates differently in each. This might allow them to interact with events across different realities in ways that appear non-causal in any single universe.
  • Possibility 4: Rather than being unchangeable, this person's consciousness could exist outside of the constraints of time. They might experience all moments simultaneously and have a unique perspective on cause and effect, making them seem unbound by it.
  • Possibility 5 – symbolic abstract? A character beyond cause and effect could represent abstract concepts, such as the human yearning for freedom from determinism or the search for meaning in a seemingly random world.
I'd like to point out that Loki is already displaced in time in Issue#3 yet he is still subject to the white hot room.
So the assumption of simply being above time or any time related stuff is not a plausible conclusion. Further more in the White Hot Room a cause can happen without consequences of abyss which is what gives birth to what could be. Etc.
I believe reading the issue would give more context on what the scan is trying to say and uh. It definitely need a blog since you have to tackle multiple issues of defenders beyond to gain the full context of these higher cosmological stuff like The Abyss and Pure Phoenix Force etc

I would certainly be willing to help create a blog containing the WHR, and pure Phoenix Force information— as one of the main forces for its prior 1A upgrades.

Also, do not forget to change Jean Greys White Phoenix key in accordance to the Phoenix Force’s upgrades/changes.

Just out of curiosity, would this upgrade require any of the discussion rules to be removed?

• Do not attempt to upgrade Dormammu, Umar, Eternity, and all of the other Marvel Comics cosmic entities to tier 1-A, based on a single mention within the 2005 "Defenders" series, given that it would enormously contradict virtually everything else known about the characters. In addition, a 1-A fictional environment does not remotely automatically translate to the nature of any characters present within it, or plenty of much weaker characters would qualify as well.
  • Also do not attempt to upgrade Galactus to 1-A, based on "Spider-Man and the Secret Wars". The story is not a part of continuity any more than "Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet" or "Captain America and the Korvac Saga", which were released in conjunction, as part of the same imprint. In addition, if you read the entire comicbook, rather than an out-of-context scan, you clearly see that the Enchantress is not referring to Galactus being beyond all concepts of dimensions of time and space altogether, but about his infinite real size compared to the cosmos, how he can affect lots of different aspects of existence with his reality-warping powers, and since she and Spider-Man are strictly physical entities, they only perceive a small part of his entire being. See here for more information. It would also contradict everything else that we know about Galactus.

I believe so, yes. I'll apply the revisions when I finish the remaining few profiles. I don't have time to do wiki stuff at length at the moment and my stay in this thread is already stretching things a bit, so, that'll probably happen by the weekend.

That said, we still need to settle on at least a provisional tier for the Heralds, since that affects Galactus' profile, and we can't exactly treat Yggdrasil as both 2-C and High 1-A.

I believe so, yes. I'll apply the revisions when I finish the remaining few profiles. I don't have time to do wiki stuff at length at the moment and my stay in this thread is already stretching things a bit, so, that'll probably happen by the weekend.

That said, we still need to settle on at least a provisional tier for the Heralds, since that affects Galactus' profile, and we can't exactly treat Yggdrasil as both 2-C and High 1-A.
are you gonna work on oblivions profile

Do we have any reliable feats for the herald-level characters that are above tier High 3-A?

I compiled a list of all the feats I know about for Marvel heralds. However, I haven't had time to figure out the sourcing yet, and I don't know which ones are reliable enough to use.
Thor
Odin
Hulk

Last edited:
There are some 3-A and High 3-A feats there, but you shouldn't publicly reveal Jason Aaron's email address. It is best if you replace that image with one where it has been hidden.

There are some 3-A and High 3-A feats there, but you shouldn't publicly reveal Jason Aaron's email address. It is best if you replace that image with one where it has been hidden.
Okay, when I found that screenshot (it's not mine), I didn't realize that. I've replaced the image.

Good Infinite LS feats

We really do need to upgrade Old King Thor btw, he is NOT 2-C.

I cut and bolded all the feats which I think are the best, for further analysis.

Thanks a lot for compiling these, Lawyer.

Good Infinite LS feats

We really do need to upgrade Old King Thor btw, he is NOT 2-C.

I cut and bolded all the feats which I think are the best, for further analysis.

Thanks a lot for compiling these, Lawyer.
There’s also this feat for hickmans hyperion
y23pwsyaZYGA8qrc5dmrlMGdwPTMNytFF0czdWJkJJB-pu1ZzQTImCXhKN8EVARz0TdpmXUNsxRQ=s1600
rf_8nOBRseQOFckKJEpX0cA9J_xEfqdqLCi2zHWaWIo9rM92zVctfWmPGXjr1OEhpElbjeUpKVqB=s1600

I compiled a list of all the feats I know about for Marvel heralds. However, I haven't had time to figure out the sourcing yet, and I don't know which ones are reliable enough to use.
Thor
Odin
Hulk

This is unquantifiable. This is resistance to time
This feat can't be used. This is a feat for The One Below All not Hulk except if we are giving Hulk another Key.

I remove some of the feats that i think falls under Heralds 5-B and 3-C tier that they already have.

Last edited:
Seems like most of the feats gathered fall under High 3-A, so I’d go with that for now.
I assume everyone here is fine with this? If so, I'll edit Galactus' profile accordingly when I get the time. Afterwards It's preferable that people refrain from commenting further here (Unless it's for something important) until I post the remaining revised profiles and then call it a wrap.

I assume everyone here is fine with this? If so, I'll edit Galactus' profile accordingly when I get the time. Afterwards It's preferable that people refrain from commenting further here (Unless it's for something important) until I post the remaining revised profiles and then call it a wrap.
There's still some 2-C stuff in my list, I believe, though I don't have time to discuss right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back