• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At the boundary of tier 0: Swirl of the root tier 0 upgrade

Deagon's position is not coherent.

Is BB's 'nothingness' the Swirl of the Root? Yes or No?
  • If Yes: Address how it is explicitly stated that BB's 'nothingness' in her Cursed Cutting Crater Noble Phantasm is Imaginary Number Space.
  • If No: Why bring it up?

Since the Mooncell specifically records what is on Earth, how did BB record and digitilize the Swirl of the Root? Is the Swirl of the Root located on Earth?
  • If Yes: Address the Swirl of the Root being outside the world.
  • If No: Explain how the Mooncell, which specifically records what is on Earth, recorded the Swirl of the Root.

It didn't come into existence 8,000 years ago, that's just when Catalhoyuk disappeared.
You should read the text again. It says origination (not disappearance) occured 8000 years ago.

xptuNeV.png

So this begs the question, the Swirl of the Root, according to your theory combined with facts, didn't have the authority to create things until 8000 years ago? What about more ancient things?

Regardless, I don't think citing Gaia, Demeter or Tiamat is useful for you here, because both of them derive their power from Catalhoyuk and the fact that they have conflicting stories is attributable to the fact that they may not know about Catalhoyuk, and conflicting religious beliefs are common in Type-Moon.
Gaia's statement is from a timeline where the Olympian gods ruled Earth, and the entirety of humanity, with an iron fist for over 12,000 years. There is simply no way for a civilization in Catalhoyuk to birth a goddess through their worship thousands of years later.
In that timeline, humanity on the surface Texture (i.e. outside Olympus) live on these islands:
Atlantis_map.png

What makes Gaia's authority less valid in that timeline?

Tiamat's true authority is the Sea of Life (a mud made from Imaginary Number Space incidently), which created all life on Earth (including much older life than 8000 years ago). She was later considered an earth mother goddess (instead of just a sea mother goddess), so gained Potnia Theron as an extra.

Choices
  • Your Majesty, what's the Abyss?
  • Is there something lower than the underworld?

Gilgamesh
Ah, the Abyss, yes. In Mesopotamia, there are the heavens and the earth, the underworld under the earth, and beneath that, the Abyss.
The Abyss is a sea of nothingness. The gods Abzu and Tiamat came from that dark sea, and created Mesopotamia.
You could call it the primordial sea that existed before life itself.

???
However... This is the oldest evil of them all. The Original Sin II... the sin of parting from ■, and leaving paradise.

Choices
  • Aah, but...
???
Life was born from the sea. The primeval sea, Nammu, the goddess of the beginning.
To mankind, the goddess is the sea itself. The roaring of the waves became a voice to expose your sins.

Nammu is an other name for Tiamat, aka. Beast II.

Nasuverse Earth is a world of dimensions, and different Textures with separate cosmologies co-existed during the Age of the Gods.
For example, we do know for a fact that within Nasuverse's Proper Human History, Fafnir literally ate the sun during Ragnarök in the Scandanavian Texture creating a hole in reality, however the suns that existed in other Textures didn't get eaten. Multiple versions of the same celestial bodies exist:
Ishtar_NP_arcade.gif

While in the middle of her Noble Phantasm, Ishtar warps to Venus; however, this is not the Venus in the outer space of the modern era, but rather, the Venus in the outer space of the Age of Mythology. Afterwards, grabbing (the concept of) Venus and loading it onto her bow as a bullet, the Venus Blaster shoots this Venus that had been turned into a bullet towards the Earth (surface), and from another person’s perspective, it casually warps into the modern era’s airspace through the utilization of Displacement Magecraft. The targeted mountain range perishes due to the destruction caused by this Venus, the destruction being a nuisance to Venus as well as to the Earth.
So conflicting religious beliefs doesn't mean they are false in this context. Within the Mesopotamia Texture, the Underworld where the souls of the dead go literally existed, and the sea of nothingness called the Abyss literally existed under the Underworld.

You are claiming that the goddess of Çatalhöyük pre-existed the cosmos, however this is not consistent with the fact that goddesses being born require human worship and that her authority of creation just originated 8000 years ago.

You proposing a bizarre contradictory cosmology, and if it doesn't stand out to scrunity then it doesn't have credibility.

My response above covers this in more detail
Not really, you simply pivoted into creating a new argument instead of addressing my argument.
How does being the origin or mother of earth mother goddesses amount ("in other words", according to the scan) to creating the entirety of cosmos?

The fact that Paracelsus regards Manaka as "Potnia Theron" -- the Goddess of Catalhoyuk's authority (Potnia Theron itself as a real world concept being directly associated with Catalhoyuk) that passed down to the various Earth Goddesses (the Ten Crowns ability that comes from the primordial goddess is also called Potnia Theron), and that the subtext of that title is her being called "Queen of the Root" should eliminate any ambiguity that the two are closely related and that if Catalhoyuk is being referred to as "the root" then it's indeed the Root, not some generic origin or root.

Potnia Theron (aka. Mistress of Animals) is common authority among earth mother goddesses; Potnia Theron is the authority to give birth to Demonic Beasts, and in the story Manaka's goal is to give birth to Beast 666.

Dr. Roman
A goddess creates life. But when she turns to chaos, she becomes the enemy of humanity, the mother of Demonic Beasts.
It's an Authority called Potnia Theron, the “Womb of a Hundred Beasts.”
Anyone with this Authority possesses the seed of life... They can make an infinite amount of monsters, provided they have the resources.
Based on the number of Demonic Beasts, the goddess to the north likely has this Authority.

The reason Manaka is called Potnia Theron is specifically due to a prophecy of a goddess of destruction welcoming something coming from the abyss (in the context of the story, it is Beast 666 which Manaka was trying to summon). Earth mother goddesses seek destruction when they turn into chaos, such as Tiamat. Devouring the world and destroying the world are also common among villains in the franchise; Sodom's Beast was going to devour Proper Human History for example.

Manaka: “Your friend. Caster. Although he is helping me out tonight, he’s not that bad. Thanks to him, my precious Saber can wield his sword, even within the Ramesseum Tentyris[The Shining Great Temple Complex] that Rider has dispatched.
Is he really that precious? After all, that sword is an honour and it can even transcend time.”
Yes, the girl said――――
She hums a song.
Is it the song of a fairy dancing in the garden with moonlight pouring down on her?
Is it the song of the holy one who blesses the Holy Grail War?
Or.
Is it a prophecy of Potnia Theron[Princess of Beasts] of the end who welcomes something which comes from the abyss?
Manaka: “Past. Present. And, future.”

This girl.
This menace was trying to bring destruction to the world.
She didn’t bat an eye on reaching the Root, and she was going to achieve her goal even if she had to offer all of creation as a sacrifice to it――――
She was the one who surpassed even Fafnir’s greed, Potnia Theron!
Lancer was surely executing her rampage for this.

Rider:O’ Potnia Theron the goddess who will devour the world, and the knight who protects it. Tonight, we, know now what we are here to do for this present world. We are here, in order to slaughter you all.”

It had just taken in 2 out of the 3 remaining crowns, having obtained up to 4 of them a long time ago.
It had no choice but to wait now, to seemingly sprout up as much it likes for there were 7 Heroic Spirits’ souls, 7 messengers who were in charge of 7 crowns.
If it was allowed to devour, crunch, and eat a bit more of the innumerable sacrifices which had been handed to it in place of the 7th Servant, 7 heads having 10 large horns would probably take form.

Thus, now.
As it had neither a head nor eyeballs, it had no choice but to look up as a faceless fleshy sea.

At its kind mother’s return.
Yes, that’s right.

It’s mother.
It had a mother.

It which was crawling around underground wasn’t aware that his creator was an almighty father.
The one who turned their gaze kindly, with their same as ever smile, whoever it was, was its mother.
Their appearance seemed to be of a young girl.

When she came back down to underground, its mother, this omnipotent girl who was beautiful and even gorgeous, would always, carry in a new sacrifice.
Without a brain in its body, its fleshy sea of squirming darkness, without having a substitute organ prepared to govern its thoughts, regardless of whether it shouldn’t have existed, it shivered in delight.

It was impossible to rearrange it as a language, but if he had to express it would it be like this?

――――Welcome back, Mama.
I’ve been a good child.
When you weren’t here, I drew in lots of the sacrifices, and devoured their souls.
I ate, a lot, a lot, a whole lot.
So praise me, Mama――――

Mother: “Good child.”

The girl who was its mother said, while showing her form on the cliffs of despair.
On the far off upper regions.
Judging from the squirming flesh to the deep depths there was a considerable distance, however, the girls’ voice which was like a whisper could accurately reach it.

You are making massive stretches. The ruby text of Potnia Theron for Manaka also calls her the "Princess of Beasts" and "The World’s Princess". Do princesses wear crowns too, since earth mother goddesses are associated with crowns?
The ruby texts refers to the fancy titles of Manaka.

The Ten Crowns belongs to Beast 666.

03 - Khakkhara of Domination
The teacher's pointer that BB carries.
A device that lets her make full use of her authority as an advanced level AI. Although limited to the Far Side of the Moon, this allows BB to modify the spiritron lawsgame rules within the SE.RA.PH.

"Ten Crowns of Domination" worn by the Beast of Babylon converted into a teacher's pointer.
This is the male principle corresponding to the female principle of the seven-headed beast, and its true nature is a phallus (erect rod).
The symbol of the king of the world who was granted throne and authority by a great dragon and received the right to, for 42 months, spit out as many insolent words as desired and desecrate all things.

The beast's heads were the seven hills of the Roman Empire... Capitolium, Palatium, Aventinus, Esquilinus, Caelius, Quirinalis, Viminalis. In other words, they meant the Roman Empire itself, and the ten horns symbolized the emperors... Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero, Vespasianus, Titus, Galba, Otho, Vitellius.

Beast 666 (aka. Beast VI/G) is bound by duality and exists as a counterpart to Sodom's Beast/Draco (aka. Beast VI/S). They are not two halves to be joined, but forces representing opposing concepts like Yin and Yang.
Just like Beast III is split into L and R (Lapse and Rapture), Beast VI is split into S and G (Sodom and Gomorrah).

Knight
I thought there was something sinister this time around...but I don't sense the noxious gas of L or the lingering scent of R.
Things aren't going as planned. I guess I have no choice but to search more thoroughly.
Yeah. It'll be all right, Merlin. I will accomplish my goal, and then return to where I belong.
Soon. One of these days.

Arthur
My True Name is Arthur Pendragon!
When L and R are both present, so too will S and G manifest under either sky...

One of the two horns of the Sixth Beast, defeated by the Chaldea of the parallel world in which it resided.
The one born from the Logos of Depravity.
It is said to manifest when the degeneration of the most prosperous city of the era reaches its zenith, just so it may savor its malignancy.
The Beast of Sodom is its name.
It is the beast that in the New Testament was said to have destroyed Babylon.

Arthur
Ok...listen up Merlin. You know, I've been travelling the worlds in accordance with your prophecy, searching for L and R at that Chaldea from far away───
There I kept awaiting the continuation of the prophecy, for portents of S and G. And yet...
You intervened, an intervention unprophesied and unplanned. Just because it seemed fun!?

Kama
So what do you want? Are you here to laugh at me? Fine, go ahead.
You can see for yourself how much of a loser I am. I'm not good for anything anymore.
I'm sure you've already got a seat saved for you in the real world, since you're on the winning team and all.
You gain nothing by messing with me now.
Unless...you're here to absorb me as the yin to your yang, and become a more fully realized Beast III or something?
???
Don't be silly. You and I could never merge into a single being.
Your existence is one of giving, mine is one of taking.

You are a hell of infinite women, and I am a hell of a single, boundless woman.
We may both be Beasts born of pleasure, but in all other respects, we could not be more different.
You and I are not right and left halves of the same whole, taking up hands in service of a common goal. We're diametrically opposed enemies who can scarcely stand to look at one another.
I could never eat such a being. You would taste awful, and no doubt give me a terrible stomachache.

Everything was according to the plans of Kama, the immature form of a Beast.
Kama formulated a plan to annihilate Chaldea so she could fully emerge as Beast III/L and to assert her dominance over the existence that formed a pair with her, Beast III/R, by defeating those that defeated her.
Originally, her plan should have been perfect, but Kama's policy of "corrupting the Master of their own volution" created a chance for a counterattack and eventually, the incident came to an end with Beast III/L's defeat.
Even though she thinks Chaldea an eyesore, she also finds Beast III/R (Kiara) odious; that human-like nature could be said to be Beast III/L's weak-point.
As a pair, R and L make up Beast III, but its visual concept is "the hell of women".

Does this mean that, according to your theory, the power of the Swirl of the Root, which you believe is Ten Crowns, is bound by duality and binary opposition?

Is BB's 'nothingness' the Swirl of the Root? Yes or No?
  • If Yes: Address how it is explicitly stated that BB's 'nothingness' in her Cursed Cutting Crater Noble Phantasm is Imaginary Number Space.
  • If No: Why bring it up?
This is the third time I have been asked this question, and I already responded "No" to the previous two times. This thread has already become far longer than necessary, only more so by asking me questions that I answered even in my most recent post. Further, it is not stated that the "nothingness" is INS. Those are two separate sentences and nothing connects the two.

So this begs the question, the Swirl of the Root, according to your theory combined with facts, didn't have the authority to create things until 8000 years ago? What about more ancient things?
If the power originated from that goddess 8000 years ago, that doesn't mean the goddess herself came into existence 8000 years ago nor her power. Just the ability that was passed onto the mother goddesses she gave birth to, like Tiamat, Ishtar, Gaia, etc. This needn't be identical to the primordial goddess' power as she is clearly a different kind of being entirely from them.

You are claiming that the goddess of Çatalhöyük pre-existed the cosmos, however this is not consistent with the fact that goddesses being born require human worship and that her authority of creation just originated 8000 years ago.

You proposing a bizarre contradictory cosmology, and if it doesn't stand out to scrunity then it doesn't have credibility.
First, it was outright stated that the primordial goddess predates the cosmos. Moreover, this isn't a proposal, it is just what the scans actually say. Your argument that it allegedly creates a contradiction means very little, because there are many contradictions in Nasuverse. We do not get to rewrite the source material over it. As such, the scans very clearly say that Catalhoyuk is the "Root" from which all things came into being. Any ambiguity that could be argued for there is eliminated by the other evidence mentioned about it. (Shiki's ability, Potnia Theron).

You are making massive stretches. The ruby text of Potnia Theron for Manaka also calls her the "Princess of Beasts" and "The World’s Princess". Do princesses wear crowns too, since earth mother goddesses are associated with crowns?
Yes, princesses wear crowns. In any case, those other titles don't hurt the case for this at all. The fact that Caster calls her this as a result of identifying her as the Queen of the Root/Princess of the Root is definitive. Your claim that it was as a result of this prophecy is a misinterpretation. The scan that mentions the prophecy isn't identifying the prophecy as Potnia Theron (or the prophecy of Potnia Theron), it's questioning whether this is a prophecy from her (instead of, say, a song from a fairy, or a song from a holy one).

Does this mean that, according to your theory, the power of the Swirl of the Root, which you believe is Ten Crowns, is bound by duality and binary opposition?
This is a strawman.

Back