• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Marvel's Abstracts (Part 2.5 of ?????)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, screw the tiers, I would be more than content spending hours of Ultima explaining stuff. This was amazing.

But I do agree, especially with finally removing non-canon Thanos.

Alrighty, finished the formatting of the P&A sections for (almost) every profile up there
Please be careful, as you ended up creating a lot of extra work for me. When bolding the P&A sections, you turned [[X ability]] to [[X ability|'''X ability''']], which unnecessarily inflates a page's byte count, so I had to correct them all to '''[[X ability]]'''.

Where does Molecule Man scale?
Pre-SW (though it doesn't have its own key despite the fact that it should)? High 1-B to Low 1-A most likely due to shaking the multiverse and being above Uatu.

Oddly enough, SW Molecule Man might only be High 1-B.

Modern and Post-SW? Easily High 1-A. As in likely layered, since he could've ended Lifebringer Galactus just by thinking, and he transcended the 8th multiverse.

Easily agree with everything.

We have two agrees so far from staff with evaluation rights, if I'm not wrong (Tracer and Ultima)? So we should just need one more. Everything has been discussed by now, so this revision will be easy to push through.

Alrighty, finished the formatting of the P&A sections for (almost) every profile up there

As for the rest of the thread, I agree with everything (although the loss of 2-C Marvel brings me emotionial pain)
Same

Also:

Marvel: Has a cosmology split without losing 1-A status.

DC:
Is it possible to learn this power?

Last edited:
I think I speak for everyone when I ask, GoS Loki when?
Soon.

Same

Also:

Marvel: Has a cosmology split without losing 1-A status.

DC:
Is it possible to learn this power?

But in all seriousness, since Uatu is going to be High 1-B via being comparable to a Moderately Fed Galactus as well as to Odin, and this is a discussion thread about scaling, I would like to propose the following High 1-B additions for Doom even though he is already High 1-B w/ prep and absorption:

1. Doctor Doom's durability should be "Planet level, up to High Hyperverse level with forcefields".

In FF Vol 1 #14, Doom's forcefield took blasts from the Mad Celestials combining their beams for 27-28 minutes: FF Vol. 1 #14.

This was rejected in an earlier CRT due to @Eficiente claiming that the Mad Celestials held back out of "respect", which would be incredibly OOC for the Mad Celestials and is utterly nonsensical headcanon. It is true that Doom's shields were eventually overpowered, but his forcefield's durability at max power should at minimum scale above the amped Odin who got clapped by casual Celestials.

This is a High 1-B durability feat for Doom's forcefield, and if Sue Storm's forcefields scale to the Mad Celestials then it makes no sense for Doom's not to.

2. In Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #6, Doom with heavily implied prep-time not only tanks a blast from Uatu with little to no damage (keep in mind he was not holding the Cosmic Cube when he was blasted), but then proceeds to stagger Uatu with a blast that knocks the Cosmic Cube out of Uatu's hand and back into Doom's own hand.

This was rejected in an earlier thread for reasons I disagree with, but @ByAsura said that since Doom was using a bunch of weapons and shit in a successful effort to steal Galactus' power, it's a valid prep feat.

3. Simple enough, Doom through his armor was passively absorbing the power of Franklin Richards in Heroes Reborn: The Return #4, even saying that it'd be enough to let him handle the Celestials.

4. This one is the most questionable, admittedly, and is moreso support than anything, but in Fantastic Four (2023) #7, a Doctor Doom who was travelling back in time countless times was able to seemingly harm two Watchers in the middle panel, and since he was traveling back in time repeatedly to see how changing certain events affected the future, he likely prepared in advance for this, so this is arguably a prep feat.

If this last proposal is rejected I won't be surprised, I just thought it was worth noting.

I know you agreed with the top 2 in a private thread, but what do you think now?
You should make a thread specifically for these additions, after this one is accepted.

Agree with the proposals, including nuking the Yggdrasil scaling cuz lol no to High 1-B Heralds.

Also, to throw some feats into the Universal pile:
Also, I recall a feat of Savage Hulk shaking infinite universes, but for reasons I don’t remember it’s considered contentious.

Last edited:
Isn't It better to make a separate thread to discuss about The heralds? Because this thread was Made to apply The changes for The listened profiles, and The herald tier characters are in a waaaaaay bigger number, so in my point of view making another thread would make things easier.

I think that this seems reasonable to apply, with the exception that I think that Starlin's stories should only scale to the cosmology that he himself built up, given that Starlin has proven to be a complete egomaniac who does not care about any continuity that any other comic author, including Grant Morrison, has established, wantonly breaks and destroys rather than builds in that regard, and has even portrayed Stan Lee and John Romita as clowns creating mountains of trash in one of his early stories, and has referred to at least 95% of all comic book stories except his own as complete garbage in an interview.

Also, any extra keys for Thanos and Adam Warlock based on out of continuity stories by Starlin will obviously have to be removed or placed on other, non-canon, pages for the characters in question.

There is also the issue that Odin's inconsistent power levels are not due to the lack of Odinsleep, but rather just very inconsistent and lazy writing.

Also, I recall a feat of Savage Hulk shaking infinite universes, but for reasons I don’t remember it’s considered contentious.
It is fine nowadays, but the Hulk only shook an infinite number of planets, not their entire universes, and he only reached that far due to the range of the interdimensional range of the Crossroads nexus, and Ironclad performed the feat together with him. So the feat would only be High 3-A as far as I am aware.

I also much prefer if we keep our current header image for The Beyonder, as it is much better suited for our standard formatting, especially given our upcoming infobox project.

The Never Queen also needs to be revised btw.

Isn't It better to make a separate thread to discuss about The heralds? Because this thread was Made to apply The changes for The listened profiles, and The herald tier characters are in a waaaaaay bigger number, so in my point of view making another thread would make things easier.
He will yes, in Part 3. This is just to inform people that Heralds will not scale to the Yggdrasil anymore. Scaling and feats will be presented in the other thread.

should the one above all have most of the abilities of marvel characters
There is a thread where the verse needs to specify if the Supreme being gets all the abilities of his creations. And i'm not particularly sure if TOAA gets it. Maybe.

It is fine nowadays, but the Hulk only shook an infinite number of planets, not their entire universes, and he only reached that far due to the range of the interdimensional range of the Crossroads nexus, and Ironclad performed the feat together with him. So the feat would only be High 3-A as far as I am aware.
Ant, can you please call some knowledge staff for Acausality? Most preferably Theglassman12 to review TOAA Acausality type 5.

I'll check out the character's Acausality in more depth when I get the chance. I skimmed through it slightly and I didn't really see anything which proves Type 5, but take that statement with a grain of salt. I just skimmed it, not thoroughly read through it and asked clarifying questions for more context.

should the one above all have most of the abilities of marvel characters
Everyone and everything is one with TOAA, so, yes. Technically the same applies to Eternity, since he can take on the attributes of any being who is a part of him, if need be.

The Never Queen also needs to be revised btw.
Somehow forgot about her. I'll get her profile (And probably a few others) when I have time to do wiki stuff at any length, so, either tomorrow or the day after.

Somehow forgot about her. I'll get her profile (And probably a few others) when I have time to do wiki stuff at any length, so, either tomorrow or the day after.
I just want to remind you that those who sit above in shadow should also get revised.

One question, will Rune King Thor be Another key on thor profile like he is now or get a new page entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back