• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Marvel's Abstracts (Part 1 of ???) (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the level I think as well.

Uatu is almost constantly portrayed as equal to the more hungry levels of Galactus, which Thor frequently described as being on par with Odin.

But this is a topic for another time.

That's the level I think as well.

Uatu is almost constantly portrayed as equal to the more hungry levels of Galactus, which Thor frequently described as being on par with Odin.

But this is a topic for another time.
In all fairness

The watchers did atleast have a very long war with the celestials (they lost) but still of note

Moderately fed and starving Galactus are actually 2-C, not Odin level.

IIRC it was well-fed Galactus who Odin matched.

That's the thing. They didn't have an actual war. They had a non-fighting conflict because The Watchers only observe and the Celestials don't act until necessary.

The only fighting that occurred was Exitar one-shotting The One after powering up for several millennia, and then prepping to eradicate the entire species.

Last edited:
That's the thing. They didn't have an actual war. They had a non-fighting conflict because The Watchers only observe, and the Celestials don't act.

The only fighting that occurred was one-shotting The One after powering up for several millennia, and then prepping to eradicate the entire species.
Yeah uatu probably has other stuff but typically he's portrayed as around or above skyfathers

I feel like there’s way too many non-staff comments right now, and this discussion about the Watchers, Skyfathers, and where Galactus’ weaker states scale is derailing this thread.

In this thread, I explained that universal aspects of Abstracts aren't actually M-Bodies, just that they work through M-Bodies that have transfinite separate versions even throughout a universe.
That's more or less what I've said in the OP, too. It's not like the Multiversal Abstracts are the true forms and the Universal Abstracts are M-Bodies. It's more that the Universal Abstracts manifest through M-Bodies in their interactions with the going-ons of the universe. We've never really seen their true selves, since by definition those have no shape or appearance anyway.

I disagree with them being seen as more minimalistic Cubes, because Cubes also depend heavily on the amount of energy/where the energy comes from.
In this case, they're being taken as a minimum for how powerful genuine Cosmic Cubes are, at least when they mature into entities with full sentience. This is because the stories that feature them largely treat them as powerful relative to mortals but not particularly so in the broader Cosmic Hierarchy, so it wouldn't make sense to scale them to the Cosmic Cubes that were used to keep Eternity catatonic, or the time one was used to create the Celestial Engine for instance.

I have a lot to say about how our ratings on Galactus are very inaccurate. But I'll hold off.
I've quite a lot of issues with how what we currently use to tier Galactus, as well, but at the moment I'd rather hold that off too, yes.

My point was about genuine Cosmic Cubes, because the amount of Beyonder power that can be contained in them is highly variable.

The proof of this is the fact that certain AU versions of the Cubes and Cube Beings have the same origin, yet their power can be massively different.

It goes both ways, too. The A.I.M Cosmic Cube was just an x-element that could be contained by their forcefields.

I think that Executor's post above seems to make sense.

If all the things in the OP have been addressed, is it possible this thread be concluded?

As someone who has seen Part 2 in advace, I'm sure Ultima has answers to these questions lined up but we can't get there if we don't move on.
It depends on if @DontTalkDT is fine with the tiering justifications.

Then we are to try and conclude the thread without him. Though, given that the staff seems to be largely in agreement, with a few neutrals, I suppose the 48 hour grace period would start, in this case.

Then we are to try and conclude the thread without him. Though, given that the staff seems to be largely in agreement, with a few neutrals, I suppose the 48 hour grace period would start, in this case.
Actually, the grace period starts when the thread is made, not when it gets accepted, so you wouldn’t need to wait that long.

Can you use "multiverse" instead of "omniverse" in our wiki pages please? It helps to lessen a lot of visitor confusion, given that omniverse originally means all of fiction and reality combined. Al Ewing even admitted via Twitter that he used the word "omniverse" incorrectly.

Lots of stories use it interchangeably anyway, so I don't agree with the set definition argument, but I also think it's better to use multiverse rather than omniverse to cover the Seventh/Eighth Cosmos due to consistency.

Last edited:
Can you use "multiverse" instead of "omniverse" in our wiki pages please? It helps to lessen a lot of visitor confusion
I think it's less... confusion and more bad actors see the word and take it way too far and;
7p3103.jpg

I actually agree, Multiverse is a better name for it, despite Marvel being friendlier with the term "Omniverse", it's one of those words that has baggage and better to avoid until the slate for it is wiped completely clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back