• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I played Resident Evil 4. It was a very good game. Here is a CRT for it. Note that I'm not too knowledgeable on RE as a whole, so the additions are just from this game, so I'm mostly just adding stuff to the monster profiles so that they're not awful + some obvious shit to Leon's.
One thing I'm not sure on, should all Plagas-powered beings get Immortality Type 2 (So, literally everyone on this list minus Leon)? It's showcased in cutscenes by Bitores Mendez and Saddler and they all can soak up plenty of gunshots in gameplay, would like opinions on it, personally think it's fine but I won't push it.

Last edited:
Nah this all looks really good actually I've done a few playthroughs of Re:4 my most recent on my Quest for the VR edition so it's still somewhat fresh and I can say I agree with these new additions and that immortality type 2 seems fine imo

Also like what even was the justification for him(Krauser) having aura?

Agree with this but I'm unsure Immortality Type 2. This makes me want to pop in RE 4 and play it.

Tbh im pretty sure everything has some degree of type 2, maybe not a very good form of it but still, they can definitely take damage that would kill a normal dude.
Don't some las even survive without a head?

Tbh im pretty sure everything has some degree of type 2, maybe not a very good form of it but still, they can definitely take damage that would kill a normal dude.
Yep though I'd have to dive back into the game to find the file that explains it

For the standard enemies they can survive without heads but the parasites emerge from their body and replace the head.

For the standard enemies they can survive without heads but the parasites emerge from their body and replace the head.
Noted that that's only applicable at night and when exposed to sunlight or other intense light such as flashbangs they'll die

That's just the parasites puppeting them, though, Armaduras are basically empty suits of armor controlled by Plagas so they definitely don't need hosts. That said, stunning people by shooting them in the head is straight-up a mechanic so I think it can be argued that Ganados are able to withstand headshots like that.

That's just the parasites puppeting them, though, Armaduras are basically empty suits of armor controlled by Plagas so they definitely don't need hosts. That said, stunning people by shooting them in the head is straight-up a mechanic so I think it can be argued that Ganados are able to withstand headshots like that.
True. I guess type 2 might be fine.

Leon Kennedy
Fine with everything except the P.R.L., mostly because it is just an exclusive weapon given to you after completing the game on Wii with no real game relevance. It'd also be contradictory to some extent because of how it'd change the narrative to have as it exists as a Plaga Removal Laser, which is only a stationary tool at the end of the game.

Mind you this also means it's useless in any combat scenario outside of Plaga related ones.

Chainsaw Man (Resident Evil)
Iffy on this mostly because it's just the chainsaw decapitating you after being run through your neck. There are supporting details like Plaga having varying levels of strength, indicating they are superior to their normal counterparts so they are still of course stronger than Ganado, but the problem lies in the fact that most bosses aren't actually capable of one-shotting Leon like the chainsaw does, so I think it's fair to make a distinction between them.

I'll clarify that I'm not in support of scaling Leon to bosses like Gigante because of that, I just think a distinction between the chainsaw should either be separate from the Ganado in strength or we just call it piercing damage.

I don't think he actually has control over other Plaga like Saddler does, he's just resistant to control and is able to transform at will because he has a Dominant species Plaga like Krauser, Ganado are simply able to regard him as stronger and follow due to that, as they mention him having a superior Plaga in the conversation Leon overhears.

I believe you could argue most Ganado have either a limited Type 2 in a sense, it just relies on the parasite take enough damage to kill them. That, or things like the head on Ganado are just superficial, which justifies them withstanding gunfire to some degree.

This is fine.

He's not actually frozen solid, he still has a degree of movement. A resistance isn't necessary.
It also has reason to know where Leon is, granted he just fell down Salazar's death pit and would be trying to leave. It wouldn't need enhanced senses for that.

I keep mentioning that that High 8-C will be removed at a later date but just apply it and I'll deal with it when I get to my RE thread, it has more to go over than just that.

Regenerador
I don't believe an extra key is actually necessary? Just a separate tab to indicate they have something the regulars don't, but are for all intents and purposes the same.

Jack Krauser
Krauser stuff is fine except for the scan being misinterpreted. It just says that despite his bodily changes it is still as powerful in close combat as Krauser ever was, suggesting that it hasn't weakened or improved, but remained the same.

One thing I'm not sure on, should all Plagas-powered beings get Immortality Type 2 (So, literally everyone on this list minus Leon)? It's showcased in cutscenes by Bitores Mendez and Saddler and they all can soak up plenty of gunshots in gameplay, would like opinions on it, personally think it's fine but I won't push it.
Actually covered this a little bit in the Mendez section. I don't think it's entirely unwarranted.

Also like what even was the justification for him(Krauser) having aura?
Probably the Mercenaries thing, he had an aura around his arm when it wasn't on cooldown.

Their heads are for the most part superficial, as they can even willingly remove their own heads to release the Plaga, as the Plaga is what's actually keeping them alive and controlling them.

Last edited:
Fine with everything except the P.R.L., mostly because it is just an exclusive weapon given to you after completing the game on Wii with no real game relevance. It'd also be contradictory to some extent because of how it'd change the narrative to have as it exists as a Plaga Removal Laser, which is only a stationary tool at the end of the game.

Mind you this also means it's useless in any combat scenario outside of Plaga related ones.
Makes sense, I guess. Though it's not just in the Wii game, all recent versions of RE4 have it.
Iffy on this mostly because it's just the chainsaw decapitating you after being run through your neck. There are supporting details like Plaga having varying levels of strength, indicating they are superior to their normal counterparts so they are still of course stronger than Ganado, but the problem lies in the fact that most bosses aren't actually capable of one-shotting Leon like the chainsaw does, so I think it's fair to make a distinction between them.
I had an edit where I specified they'd be full 9-A only in attack potency but for some reason it didn't save. But yeah it definitely shouldn't scale to physical stats, though Chainsaw Ganados are still stronger than regular ones, both through gameplay and the digital artbook saying something like that.
I don't think he actually has control over other Plaga like Saddler does, he's just resistant to control and is able to transform at will because he has a Dominant species Plaga like Krauser, Ganado are simply able to regard him as stronger and follow due to that, as they mention him having a superior Plaga in the conversation Leon overhears.
I feel like he does tho, awakening Del Lago isn't really a respect thing, plus Salazar also has control over Plaga so it would make sense.
I believe you could argue most Ganado have either a limited Type 2 in a sense, it just relies on the parasite take enough damage to kill them. That, or things like the head on Ganado are just superficial, which justifies them withstanding gunfire to some degree.
Yeah that's fine.
He's not actually frozen solid, he still has a degree of movement. A resistance isn't necessary.
He takes triple damage so I feel like he has to at least be superficially frozen solid, just being covered in ice wouldn't affect his durability.
It also has reason to know where Leon is, granted he just fell down Salazar's death pit and would be trying to leave. It wouldn't need enhanced senses for that.
That's true but in the first POV cutscene he's just moving around slowly, while in the second one he's going at full speed, so I kinda interpreted him as having sensed Leon in some way.
I keep mentioning that that High 8-C will be removed at a later date but just apply it and I'll deal with it when I get to my RE thread, it has more to go over than just that.
The rocket launcher does have a 9-Aish feat in this game since you can use it to frag a huge boulder (the one you normally need TNT for), in case backup is needed.
I don't believe an extra key is actually necessary? Just a separate tab to indicate they have something the regulars don't, but are for all intents and purposes the same.
Could be? They're a different variety but I guess they're the same in physicals so a key split might not be needed.
Krauser stuff is fine except for the scan being misinterpreted. It just says that despite his bodily changes it is still as powerful in close combat as Krauser ever was, suggesting that it hasn't weakened or improved, but remained the same.
"As powerful as ever" might imply an increase in strength IMO, though it is kinda vague. All we know is that he's at his peak but we don't know if he's just as strong as he was before or has reached new heights. Still, fine to remove that.
Probably the Mercenaries thing, he had an aura around his arm when it wasn't on cooldown.
Ah, interesting. What's it do?

Makes sense, I guess. Though it's not just in the Wii game, all recent versions of RE4 have it.
If they do that's my bad, I'm just speaking from boomer knowledge.

I feel like he does tho, awakening Del Lago isn't really a respect thing, plus Salazar also has control over Plaga so it would make sense.
Del Lago wasn't awakened by Mendez though, it was done by Saddler who we know has Plaga control as he abuses it in the game. One of the village files mentions it.

Salazar's phrasing of his sentence is to indicate that he himself isn't a puppet on strings, as he has "absolute control" over his own faculties, which is a trait of a Dominant Plaga.

Ah, interesting. What's it do?
It just serves as an indicator for his transformable arm, but I mentioned that over Discord when we talked.

Del Lago wasn't awakened by Mendez though, it was done by Saddler who we know has Plaga control as he abuses it in the game. One of the village files mentions it.
Oh yeah, I guess I misinterpreted that my b
If they do that's my bad, I'm just speaking from boomer knowledge.
Yeah they buff it too

Most are fine, and I agree with the conclusions reached by Abstractions and Armor.
The P.R.L. 412 is fine as optional equipment, even if it isn't canon, it's still in the game and OE covers such cases.
I'm not sure if the Mendez is actually taler than 2.7 meters.
Everyone owning a Plaga should also get Multiple Selves type 3 for blatant reasons, and Immort type 2 should be fine, as they are either puppets maneuvered by the parasite or still greatly enhanced by it to the point of being extremely resilient, even though it may be too much to say that everyone can survive full decapitation or bisection like Mendez and fodder Ganados.

I'm not sure if the Mendez is actually taler than 2.7 meters.
Dude's already probably over two meters as a "human" and stretches to almost double that height, I'd think he should
Everyone owning a Plaga should also get Multiple Selves type 3 for blatant reasons
Oh yeah definitely
can survive full decapitation or bisection like Mendez and fodder Ganados.
I mean, Ganados usually can't unless the Plaga is matured

Maybe we can give them a likely/possibly, explaining the enhancements granted to other enemies, even if they aren't shown on others.

I'm pretty sure every Ganado has a mature Plaga to be in the state they are in, they are just varying in strength.

It should be noted that the reason we don't see the Plaga heads emerge during the day is because Plaga are sensitive to light, hence why exposure to Flash Grenades kills them.

I played Resident Evil 4. It was a very good game. Here is a CRT for it. Note that I'm not too knowledgeable on RE as a whole, so the additions are just from this game, so I'm mostly just adding stuff to the monster profiles so that they're not awful + some obvious shit to Leon's.
Are you calc speed Leon? I want to know. I'm sorry because my English is not good

I can't really without any feats to calculate, if you have any do show me.

Anyway, gonna apply this.

Last edited:
Also I just realized the P.R.L. is probably SoL, it's got laser in the name, has a burning effect, is used in surgeries and is said to be light-based. neat? doesn't really scale to anything

Also I just realized the P.R.L. is probably SoL, it's got laser in the name, has a burning effect, is used in surgeries and is said to be light-based. neat? doesn't really scale to anything
I'm sure you could consider it light-based, but if we are going the route of adding it then it should be worth noting in either a Note on the page or the weaknesses section that it only works on Plaga.

Don't want people getting confused in matches.

I'm sure you could consider it light-based, but if we are going the route of adding it then it should be worth noting in either a Note on the page or the weaknesses section that it only works on Plaga.

Don't want people getting confused in matches.
I added that in the P&A section yeah, could throw it in weaknesses too. Should I put SoL with the P.R.L. in speed then?

Have made the edits, anyhow.

Back