• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so if you just kind of skimmed over the title, this thread here will be about Resident Evil's High 8-C characters. This thread will mainly focus on scaling, issues with the profiles, and feats that need to be revised or calc'd. I have tried to do the latter over the past couple months, but my attempts have fallen on deaf ears so, I'm hoping this will do better.

First I want to address is the High 8-C feat in question. Not only is this calc from four years ago, it doesn't even have an approval stamping on it. Even if it did, the profiles that scale to it give crappy justifications (even if they do scale) and/or are just done horribly wrong.

First I want to tackle is the scaling. As far as I know, the El Gigante feat scales to only three people (with profiles): Albert Wesker, Excella Gionne, and Alexia Ashford. Though I would argue the Tyrants should scale as well, let's keep things simple for now, and later down the line when everything's all taken care of we'll see who else scales or what-not.

Second thing is feats. While we have one High 8-C feat so far, I have heard from a member or two that Resident Evil has other feats that are in need of calculations and can help with the verse. To all those, I ask you step up now and present yourself!

Down below, I will list the Resident Evil feats I know about that I think are in need of calculations:
Albert Wesker survives a point-blank explosion,
Falls from a volcano (while weakened),
Shrugs off another explosion,
Nemesis shrugs off an explosion,
And another,
Mr. X survives a big fall,
Another Tyrant shrugs off this explosion,
Ustanak shrugs off yet another explosion,
and there are probably dozens of others that I've missed, but here are the most prominent ones I've found.

So please, let's tidy this verse up a little.

El Gigante feat is logically only 9-A+, simply because it isn't violent fragmentation at all.

It also doesn't have a reason to scale to Excella beyond maybe durability if you say she survives rockets, like Wesker does.

I really do want to revise this verse, but I'm frankly really busy with work and other things so progress has been rather slow.

El Gigante feat is logically only 9-A+, simply because it isn't violent fragmentation at all.

It also doesn't have a reason to scale to Excella beyond maybe durability if you say she survives rockets, like Wesker does.

I really do want to revise this verse, but I'm frankly really busy with work and other things so progress has been rather slow.
Excella scales because she's infected with Uroboros -- probably the most dangerous virus throughout the entirety of Resident Evil.
Though we should try and calculate her kinetic energy from size alone, and decide whether or not Weaker should scale.

Do you know any calculators willing to work on the feats I have presented?

Though I would argue the Tyrants should scale as well, let's keep things simple for now, and later down the line when everything's all taken care of we'll see who else scales or what-not.

Nemesis shrugs off an explosion,
And another,
Mr. X survives a big fall,
Another Tyrant shrugs off this explosion,
Ustanak shrugs off yet another explosion,
and there are probably dozens of others that I've missed, but here are the most prominent ones I've found.

So please, let's tidy this verse up a little.
I agree with your thread, but I'm not sure if we should scale the older versions of the Tyrants with the modern versions.

Usually, the Tyrants in the movies are the upgraded versions of the old Tyrants in the video games. A clear example is the Tyrants of Damnation which are much bigger and more powerful than Mr. X (T-103 Model).

I agree with your thread, but I'm not sure if we should scale the older versions of the Tyrants with the modern versions.

Usually, the Tyrants in the movies are the upgraded versions of the old Tyrants in the video games. A clear example is the Tyrants of Damnation which are much bigger and more powerful than Mr. X (T-103 Model).

Still, these feats are potential upgrades for Mr. X and Nemesis respectively

Still, these feats are potential upgrades for Mr. X and Nemesis respectively
IMO, the two explosions Nemesis survived weren't that powerful knowing the Kitchen and the Train's Bagon were still intact. However, this calculation could be used in Mr. X's case.

Oh, calc requests. I probably shoulda avoided this'n.

I obviously agree that the calc needs to be revised. I wouldn't mind Tyrants scaling so long as they have feats to back it up. As for feats, I haven't dabbled in RE stuff as of late so I don't have any suggestions.

I obviously agree that the calc needs to be revised. I wouldn't mind Tyrants scaling so long as they have feats to back it up. As for feats, I haven't dabbled in RE stuff as of late so I don't have any suggestions.
Wesker and Excella scale via being able to tank Rocket Launchers -- aka the bane of all Resident Evil bosses. It's pretty much one-shotted every other RE Character except those two.
Unless you meant in the Tyrants all scaling to one another; I'd have to do further research into the models and the like.

Afaik if we do downgrade rocket launches to 9-A + the only scaleable tyrants would be:

Nenesis who has endured his own rocket launcher blowing up to his face (OG RE3) plus the fact only the 8-C rail cannon at the end could permanently incapacitate his final form , and unless you damage him he takes up to three barrages to be destroyed.

T- ALOS has a 8-C feat for his own rocket launchers and in lore he is the magnus opus of Umbrellas Tyrant project ( meaning he scales above previous tyrants ) and was designed to battle tanks, which might suggest he can endure some of what they can throw at him.

Ustanak is not strictly a T-Virus Tyrant but he has enough feats in RE6 that if properly calced might upgrade him to the same tier ( along with Jake since they literally have a damn fistfight at the end of their campaign)

The best El Gigante feat would be it surviving an explosion that destroys a rather large Boulder. Given barely any (if at all) remains of it, it’d be v frag or pulv. I could see it getting above 9-A if someone were to calc it

El Gigante’s feat as said above needs to be revised, it’s very obviously just regular fragmentation.

Krauser has a pretty good durability feat here. Could warrant a calc

still playing through the remake, so if I find anything noteworthy there I’ll list it. Though nothing so far really

Don't know if this is relevant, but I was thinking of making profiles for the RE4 Remake.
That's actually something that's been on my mind too.
Add me on discord: Eneleon
We can discuss that if you wish, but I want this thread to be primarily for the mainline games; since the Remakes are AUs.

K so I did a quick calc of the barrel explosion and got some pretty high results... BUT I have to factor in Gigante's surface area which means Gigante will end up scaling way lower than what the barrel is worth

Does anyone know if Gigante has a confirmed height so I can get his surface area?

K so I did a quick calc of the barrel explosion and got some pretty high results... BUT I have to factor in Gigante's surface area which means Gigante will end up scaling way lower than what the barrel is worth

Does anyone know if Gigante has a confirmed height so I can get his surface area?
An El Gigante is stated to be four times larger than an average person.
So about 23-24 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back