• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of SCP-871 and other similar pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'ss not really equatable here, since he is one being capable of moving, selfawere, and all the things the cake isn't.

That cake doesn't seem to be sentient in any way, just automatic.

And bombs are actually weapons meant for Destruction.

Those are events that happened in real life and are more so meant for scaling/references.

Though is anyone fine deleting SCP-458? Unlike the cake, it isn't dangerous in any possible way.

Its honestly kinda ridiculous how many hoops you guys are jumping through to try to find a reason to delete this page

Kaltias said:
Except that being big without actually being able to create any energy doesn't grant you AP. Again, tier 9 anvils because they are heavy.
And 871 isn't even a single big cake to begin with. If it covers the entire planet, it's because there are an octillion of cakes.

Is humanity High 6-A because we are spread across all the planet?
Humanity with our technology IS High 6-A for doing such a thing. Nothing wrong with that. Anvils have Tier 9 durability and can tank tier 9 attacks so they are tier 9, nothing wrong with that either.

Also, SCP-871 isn't just the original cake, all of the cakes associated with the duplication are part of "SCP-871". Matter of factly, at base there are 237 of them cakes and if the duplicated copies of those cakes don't count as the SCP then its "Self-Duplication" ability should be removed and replaced with summoning. But since it hasn't been then it means that they are all part of the SCP.

>Humanity IS High 6-A

No. Humanity is like 6-C via stockpiling the world's nuclear arsenal in one place and blowing it up. And no, anvils can't actually generate energy so they don't have a tier. The latter is based on your AP.

You can dance around the point as much as you want. It's still just a massive amount of cakes. A 10-C with FTL speed and a Kirby-like stomach would manage to fully destroy "High 6-A" 871, which wouldn't be possible if the latter had High 6-A anything to speak of.

And yes, I did. So? That's once again the cake being big and that's it

I will also say that I'm sick and tired of the "We're an indexing site" argument despite having used it myself before. While our priority is indexing, pretending 90% of our traffic isn't from people interested in fictional character debates is just denial. Just because we index doesn't mean VS Threads and Battles shouldn't at least be considered in discussions.

Dargoo Faust said:
I mostly agree with King.

We've actually determined locations are not valid for profiles here on a previous thread which wasn't implemented because no one wanted to delete the profiles or whatever.
The cakes aren't locations though, I would classify them as a natural disaster, personally.

Kaltias said:
>Humanity IS High 6-A
No. Humanity is like 6-C via stockpiling the world's nuclear arsenal in one place and blowing it up. And no, anvils can't actually generate energy so they don't have a tier. The latter is based on your AP.

You can dance around the point as much as you want. It's still just a massive amount of cakes. A 10-C with FTL speed and a Kirby-like stomach would manage to fully destroy "High 6-A" 871, which wouldn't be possible if the latter had High 6-A anything to speak of.

And yes, I did. So? That's once again the cake being big and that's it
A sword also can't generate energy so why does it have a tier? and the reason why there is no "FTL 10-C with a Kirby-like stomach" because a character that can sustain that many calories wouldn't be 10-C regardless.

If you still disagree then y'all can just change the tier to 10-C. Matter of factly, if the tiering was changed to "10-C, potentially 3-A" then y'all don't have any reason to delete this profile because a black hole can totally act and harm an opponent.

If you still think it doesn't categorize as a character, then it can just be a weapon, and if you are stingy enough to think that it wouldn't categorize as a weapon then it can be categorized as an event. If you still think that fictional events can't exist on this wiki, then you have a boatload of profiles to delete on this fandom.

And humanity as 6-C is no different than humanity being 6-A in which they both still don't prove your point of why this profile deserves a full deletion rather than simple modification

@Dargoo Vs threads should NEVER be considered when deciding what can and cannot be a profile on this site. Vs threads as a whole can be removed from this site, indexing cannot

Phoenixstorm9 said:
The cakes aren't locations though, I would classify them as a natural disaster, personally.
Sorry if it came off that way, I wasn't saying the cake was a location. I just noticed locations were brought up here and said what our consensus was on that.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Vs threads as a whole can be removed from this site
I won't say I disagree with VS Threads being that a big deal when deciding profile validity, although I will put money on this site collapsing or losing the majority of our viewers if we removed VS threads.

@Dargoo it wont collapse, thats the point. Its why you shouldnt make profiles with the thought of 'how would this work in a versus thread' or 'is this viable for a vs thread' in mind.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo it wont collapse, thats the point. Its why you shouldnt make profiles with the thought of 'how would this work in a versus thread' or 'is this viable for a vs thread' in mind.
As I said I don't disagree with you on VS Threads being a big part of profile validity, I disagree with you in regards to Vs Threads being an integral part of this site.

I do agree that Vs Threads are an integral part, it's even in the name after all, as such, I think a character with no combat applicable abilities shouldn't have a profile (The Pizza, in this case), the cake shouldn't be considered such because it is capable of causing damage, it just takes a while.

Ultimately, I think fictional natural disasters should be good to have profiles if they are notable enough in the verse (Such as the aforementioned warp storm), I personally believe the cake can count as this.

I'm siding with weekly here

Although I don't think the pizza can even be counted as a weapon because unless I missed a tale it literally can't hurt anyone

The Pizza can't be even counted as a weapon because not only is it incapable of doing any harm, but it can't even be used, unless you wanna argue that we can make a profile for a chair because it can technically be used as a weapon by throwing it at the opponent.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Wok 2747 cannot in any way shape or form attack as it is 11-C
This is completely wrong. SCP-2747 can use its text manipulation, plot manipulation, void manipulation (only on text/data), and data manipulation when in lower narratives (when 11-C). It can eventually, from its own sheer power, go up narratives to reach Low 2-C/1-B capabilities, along with being able to use void manip, causality manip, and concept manip.

Also, if there was another 11-C (or another being on the same or lower dimensional level) it would be able to use all of its abilities and attack it.

For the topic of the thread, I think the Theoretical Mall, Pizza box, and Cake should all be deleted. They don't have an AP.

But what about covering the Earth? That's multi-continental through sheer size.

Tiers are based on energy output. That 3-A Touhou god can move, and since moving something of that size would require 3-A energy, it has a tier of 3-A. A bomb can output its energy when detonated, therefore it has that tier. Those cakes can't move, so they can't generate any energy, and their duplication isn't applicable for attacks. There's no way you can turn that into AP.

But what about this reddit post that they could turn into a black hole?

I am strongly against giving characters abilities based on the implications of their characteristics when using real world physics. FTL characters shouldn't get time travel even though that's what physics says, unless they show time travel in-universe. Those cakes are never shown to generate a black hole, and cannot be assumed to do so.

Since all three of these profiles only have durability and powers, I don't think they're notable enough to be on the wiki.

But Tier 11s still have profiles.

They actually have an AP and speed, even if it is lower-dimensional. 458, 871, and Theoretical Mall have no AP (And Theoretical Mall isn't even in a real thing in-universe, just an off-hand thought experiment).

Agnaa said:
WeeklyBattles wrote
But what about covering the Earth? That's multi-continental through sheer size.Tiers are based on energy output. That 3-A Touhou god can move, and since moving something of that size would require 3-A energy, it has a tier of 3-A. A bomb can output its energy when detonated, therefore it has that tier. Those cakes can't move, so they can't generate any energy, and their duplication isn't applicable for attacks. There's no way you can turn that into AP.
Technically speaking the cake would passively release more infrared heat energy than the KE from the movement of most 11-C bacteria on the profiles on the site, if you want to be technical about it.

Shouldn't Pokey, instead of having N/A, have 10-C due to infrared heat energy release then?

I thought we agreed N/A wasn't even a valid tier and Pokey should just be Unknown or 11-C.

Dargoo Faust said:
I thought we agreed N/A wasn't even a valid tier and Pokey should just be Unknown or 11-C.
You mean 10-C, right? Pokey doesn't have 0-dimensional AP.

Jackythejack said:
Well Pokey has it because he literally can't hurt anything
Yes, but shouldn't the infra-red argument apply there as it does here?

1. They CAN move once they become a black hole and destroy things, so once the profile is 10-C, potentially 3-A you won't have any argument against that.

2. There is no proof that FTL speeds can grant time travel but there is proof that a mass compressed past the Schwarschild Radius will create a black hole.

1. No, black holes don't move by themselves, they can't change their own speed. Black holes are Unknown.

2. There's almost as much proof that FTL speeds grant time travel as there is that compressed mass creates a black hole. But maybe that wasn't the best comparison. Reality warping doesn't give you every hax even though it should logically give that, it only has uses that it's demonstrated. Since the cake hasn't demonstrated or even implied turning into a black hole, it shouldn't get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back