• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of SCP-871 and other similar pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
As your statement directly contradicts what is accepted on the profile and you have not shown any proof of your claims, I shall be ignoring your statement.

As for deletion, I think moving it to maybe like a weapon or something is fine. It's definitely not a character. Wouldn't exactly lose sleep over it being removed though.

We've made our arguments, and this will go on nigh-endlessly if it stays on the track its on right now. It's entirely fair for people to make their judgments via a vote, so that's what I'm encouraging.

If they disagree with you, it doesn't make them wrong. It simply means they've reached a different conclusion from you.

You also didn't say Nay, but I'll assume that's what you're going to choose.

Yknow what. Fine. Delete it. I dont care anymore. No one ever listens to what i have to say so i dont know why i argue against anyone anymore.

Anyways since Weekly doesn't seem to be defending the cake anymore, I think the only thing left would be to decide on classing it as a weapon or something or a full deletion. Seems pretty clear that it's gonna stop being a character.

Also the profiles mentioned above like the theoretical mall and that SCP that's just a valley shouldn't be forgotten about. I may be able to make a thread for those in a little while, that I will link.

Weekly, I said drop the subject. Nothing good is going to come out of this argument.

Enough of arguing over Weekly, both of you two. The main matter of the thread is concluded and there's no need to cause it to degenerate.

Don't think weapons usually have win/loss sections. That's weird.

@Weekly: Notice how he stopped talking by the time I responded to you. You were keeping it going after I said for both of you to stop. He wasn't.

@Schnee: I'll do that. Just try to keep your thoughts to yourself next time.

Anyway...

I don't know what everyone else is going to decide, but I'm against classing the cake as a weapon or a natural phenomenon, because it isn't either of those things.

SCP-871 can totally classify as an "event". I don't see why fictional natural phenomena should not exist on this fandom but if y'all argue that it doesn't fall into any categories then delete these profiles:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/SCP-2935_Event https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Glitch_Event https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Theoretical_Mall_(Regular_Show)

If you still argue that these profiles cab still "fight" in some way then I can say that any action regardless of hostility can still be considered a way to "fight" in some way. And if you still disagree then delete this profile:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jumanji

because it can't do anything unless the opponent is dumb enough to activate it and will continue to do nothing if the opponent just doesn't move pieces or roll the dice.

I'm against the Theoretical mall being a profile because it's not a character, a weapon, or even a dangerous object, but actually just a location, so it can't really do anything. it's like saying that a section of our galaxy could have a profile only because it exists.

And also, it's not even a real thing in-verse, just an imaginary creation of the characters.

I have a similar opinion to SCP-2935 and the Glitch event but to a lesser extent.

As for Jumanji, that thing is actually a deadly trap with numerous mortal object, scenarios, and summonings made to kill who played it.

SCP-871 is actually only a cake that duplicates for eternity.

So we can delete those too. I was actually going to make a thread on Theoretical Mall anyways.

As for Jumanji, there are very few weapons that can do anything without someone doing stuff to them.

I honestly don't understand how Theoretical Mall was ever made in the first place. I could see the cake staying though.

I don't agree with deleting SCP-2935 Event.

It, if not sentient, still actively spreads between universes, killing everything within, "infecting" the ones that enter it, and when they leave it they cause the death of their own universe, rinse and repeat.

It is at least notable like natural disasters are.

We only include real world natural disasters because they actually exist. IRL profile standards are slightly different.

I don't think we need to include fictional natural disasters.

You... kinda ignored the point where the event actively opens portals and "infects" those who enter it.

By SBA, it is already within the universe that the oponent is in, so it can actually affect and "fight" an enemy (And anything other resembling life) as well.

It's still an event though, and it being able to move around doesn't change that. It'd be akin to making a profile for The Eye of Terror (Massive 40k warp storm that's 4-A via size alone) which can also spread on its own and open portals and stuff.

I mean, whenever it's sentient is lef nebolous. As the name of the scp implies, it could be death in the litiral fascion.

And again, it can actually fight enemies and has some control over it's powers, so I don't see why it has to go.

Plus, if fictional weapons can have a profile, why can't something like a supernatural phenomena capable of affecting others have one?

Something like the Eye of Terror is important in 40K to boot, and Oh Death is one of the few things capable of killing nearly everything within it's own verse.

Phoenixstorm9 said:
I genuinely don't see anything wrong with making a profile for that warp storm. Fictional natural disasters should still qualify, not only real world ones.
Agree with this, the notable victories should still go, but beyond that I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed on an indexing wiki.

I really don't see how any of those profiles/things relate to the cake at all, anyway. Saying we'd have to delete or exclude all of them if we delete the cake is a fallacy.

The SCP event and the Glitch event are actual natural (for a given value of the term) phenomena that were shown to affect an entire world and all of its living inhabitants. The Theoretical Mall is a location, The Eye of Terror is a literal storm, and Jumanji is effectively made to kill anything that plays it.

Meanwhile, the cake is a harmless object that duplicates into two, then four, then eight, then sixteen, etc. and only becomes dangerous via multiplying a lot. It isn't comparable to any of the above examples, and lumping them in with each other would require you to ignore several blatant details.

The Theoretical Mall is a location that doesn't actually exist in the verse it comes from though. The real question here is whether the cake can be classified as a natural disaster. I could see it being considered as such, though I'm not entirely sure. It is capable of causing damage due to an ability it possesses.

The cake get's either rewritten as a "weapon" or a natural disaster (since it's nature makes it a volatile and dangerous object, as the SCP foundation itself qualifies it) or deleted.

458 get the delet regardless, since it cannot be dangerous even if it tries to be.

SCP-2935 and the glitch get either deleted or not, depending on whenever we can have fictional disasters.

Not sure about the theorical mall.

The cake has been a weapon page since day 1

2935 is an entity so i dont know why you'd want to delete it

WeeklyBattles said:
The cake has been a weapon page since day 1
2935 is an entity so i dont know why you'd want to delete it
And yet it has a notable win/loss/incon part.

2935 I don't remember being stated to be sentient, only implied. And I said that it should not be several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back