• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Death of SCP

To be fair, Homestuck has been cancelled since 2016 despite its popularity, so I wouldn’t want that as the main image.

As for other web series suggestions that might be brought up (Or ones previously brought up):
[...]
only kinda
the original homestuck ended in 2016, it has a sequel (Beyond Canon) that still releases chapters pretty sporadically. last dropped on Homestuck Day™️ 2024.
once again i have no real opinion in regards to what the end result is.
GnTJmMmAdrhRQPUriGsN.png

I know, I know, staff thread.

Just dropping my 2 cents here but you guys have a big ass community here, why not, instead of arguing amongst yourself, make a poll or something and so you will find the most known internet verse among fans and wiki users.

The most voted becomes the new face or whatever.

Homestuck fell out of relevancy today (As did Red VS Blue and Madness Combat) while BFDI rose in relevancy.
I think historical relevance is actually quite important. Homestuck at its peak being 4x more searched for than BFDI is right now, and having been more searched for than BFDI ever was for 5 years, matters a lot in terms of it being recognisable by people.

I think there'd be an argument for changing the symbol to something BFDI-based a few years down the line, but now seems like a bad time.
Think it sucks to only allow people to vote for one, so I'm gonna vote in both places.

Homestuck > Madness Combat > Hazbin Hotel > RWBY > Markiplier > BFDI > RvB > TADC > The Slender Mythos > Eddsworld > Rock Hard Gladiators > Murder Drones

Last edited:
I think historical relevance is actually quite important. Homestuck at its peak being 4x more searched for than BFDI is right now, and having been more searched for than BFDI ever was for 5 years, matters a lot in terms of it being recognisable by people.

I think there'd be an argument for changing the symbol to something BFDI-based a few years down the line, but now seems like a bad time.

Think it sucks to only allow people to vote for one, so I'm gonna vote in both places.

Homestuck > Madness Combat > Hazbin Hotel > RWBY > Markiplier > BFDI > RWBY > TADC > The Slender Mythos > Eddsworld > Rock Hard Gladiators > Murder Drones
Thanks for the feedback. Changed it to a checklist so you can select as many franchises as you want.

As a wiki policy decision, I think you're supposed to filter out users who aren't thread mods, admins, or bureaucrats.

I deleted every response that was not made by an admin/bureaucrat/thread mod. Sorry to those who voted, but it's policy rules.

(honestly, with how insignificant this particular policy is, we could probably open it up- it's just an image, but perhaps an exception is a bad idea for precedent)

Homestuck > Madness Combat > Hazbin Hotel > RWBY > Markiplier > BFDI > RWBY > TADC > The Slender Mythos > Eddsworld > Rock Hard Gladiators > Murder Drones
Also, you listed RWBY twice. Did you mean Red vs Blue?

I disagree with the order, obviously, but there's a lot of nuance to each step of the order that I don't feel like addressing.

Also, you listed RWBY twice. Did you mean Red vs Blue?

I disagree with the order, obviously, but there's a lot of nuance to each step of the order that I don't feel like addressing.
I did; second was meant to be RvB, I've fixed that now.

By the way, can you vote again? I originally had to delete the votes for formatting the first time and so far you have yet to revote.
I revoted after the formatting changed, but if you say it's gone somehow, I'll go vote again.

I would like to say - I've roughly kept up with this discussion, despite not having responded on it yet.

My thoughts are pretty much mirrored here, and I intended to express something similar when I had more time:
I think given that RvB dwarfs everything else in the category in terms of being well known, we should probably just bite the bullet and use something like this, where it will be abundantly clear that it is not simply referring to Halo:

220px-Red_vs._Blue_logo.jpg

I think Red vs Blue is one of the clearest, most iconic examples of an Internet series that is relevant to powerscaling aside from SCP, and I think the strongest argument against its inclusion would be its potential to be confused at a glance with Halo. If we can just use an image that makes it unambiguous that it is referring to RvB, like the one Deagonx provided, then I think it's a perfectly solid pick.

Alternatively, if this simply can't be agreed upon, I'm also content with Homestuck, RWBY, or Madness Combat being used, and I've voted in regard to this on the form.

Given the arguments from Bambu here, I suppose that Red vs Blue is likely the best choice, as long as we can keep it from being mixed up with Halo.

Also, a reminder that this is the image that we need to modify:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:ScpSet_2.png

And I personally think that thread moderators and calc group members can probably also vote this time, given that it is not a very significant issue.

After getting 16 responses, your votes are in.

Fun fact: Madness Combat was originally winning before I went to bed yesterday, but by the time I woke up I was shocked to see Red VS Blue spike up and stay in the lead for the rest of the vote

Last edited:

Fun fact: Madness Combat was originally winning before I went to bed yesterday, but by the time I woke up I was shocked to see Red VS Blue spike up and stay in the lead for the rest of the vote
That's strange, normally I never really see Red vs Blue still really been talked about prior to this day[I/SPOILER]

Your link doesn't work

Change the "static" to "vignette" in the URL.
Huh, wacky. Thanks.

So, Red vs Blue. Deagon's suggestion before was solid enough. Anybody wanna take a crack at setting up the image? If not, I can.

Back