• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of SCP-871 and other similar pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrKingOfNegativity said:
"Since nobody even makes vs matches with bombs and natural disasters, you might as well delete every single weapon and event profile in this wiki because--"
I already addressed why this argument is flawed. The cake is neither a weapon nor a recorded natural phenomenon, and has none of the excuses surrounding either.

Also, I want to point out that a making matches isn't the primary goal of this place, and we shouldn't keep a profile solely because it gives us more potential matches to make.
SCP-871 can be considered a disaster the same way in which a cloud of locusts or the Boston Molasses Flood would be considered a disaster

Kaltias said:
DnW0 said:
Making earth inhabitable = taking over the surface of the earth = multi-continental by sheer size
If you are able to actually act? Sure.
In 871's case, it's just a horde of 10-C cakes.
Duplication is an action

and regarding your other comment, this wiki literally uses inanimate objects to gauge power levels of characters and I can very well say that being "anvil level" is the same as being "superhuman level". Also going by the reverse logic, most bombs on this wiki should be 10-C because they can't detonate themselves without being dropped by something or someone else.

A nuclear bomb detonates when a piece of uranium smashes into another piece of uranium and smashes ions out of the atoms which then hit other atoms to release energy. That doesn't mean that every nuclear-bomb-sized piece of uranium is City level.

We actually did talk about deleting 2935 at one point, as well as the Theoretical Mall (Regular Show) and another SCP that was just a location. I'm for it tbh.

>It existed only in a story made up by Mordecai and Rigby.

Well, that explains why I don't remember it in the show.

Is that really considered enough to be a profile?

DMB 1 said:
>It existed only in a story made up by Mordecai and Rigby.
Well, that explains why I don't remember it in the show.

Is that really considered enough to be a profile?
You tell me that. As long as those profiles exist, then SCP-871 can exist on this wiki.

Except that bombs can be triggered and cause damage. You wouldn't be fine if a nuke exploded in your face, while you'd be perfectly fine if 871 duplicated in front of you

"High 6-A" 871 can't even kill a human unless it manages to suffocate them or something.

Kaltias said:
Except that bombs can be triggered and cause damage. You wouldn't be fine if a nuke exploded in your face, while you'd be perfectly fine if 871 duplicated in front of you
"High 6-A" 871 can't even kill a human unless it manages to suffocate them or something.
I'm 100 percent positive that if a mountain sized pile of cakes duplicated into two mountain-sized piles of cakes it would certainly cause enough collateral damage to destroy nearby towns.

and bombs can not just spontaneously explode in a vs match where no other "character" other than the bomb and the opponent are present to activate one. Specifically nuclear bombs can only be triggered by a super strong force that is well above a 10-B human hitting one with a hammer.

Depends how it duplicates. If they just take up open space, not necessarily. You just get an extra mountain. Also, that's collateral damage.

moving piles of cakes the size of continents would very much be enough to create earthquakes

They don't need to duplicate in motion. They just appear.

Even if it can't move it can still effect the environment and it is very possible that the duplicating cake can suffocate an opponent or crush the battlefield. If the cake could duplicate infinitely then it might as well be able to create a black hole.

So the "AP feats" aren't even legitimate...

We now have a thing that can't move, can't fight, can't defend itself, can't attack, can't be used to attack (any more than a normal cake could be, anyway), isn't a character, isn't a weapon, isn't a natural phenomenon, has no actual features related to combat, and has no AP feats to speak of.

Do I really need to say more?

@King Yes, you do, becauser you have yet to actually give a legitimate reason wy it shouldnt be a profile here

It really isnt. It doesnt matter if it cant fight in a vs thread because this is an indexing website first

An indexing website related to VS battles, which is something that a cake that duplicates and does nothing else is completely irrelevant to.

I'll say this again since it was apparently missed the first time:

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Is this an indexing website? Yes. Does that mean we should index anything under the sun that has some vaguely defined special characteristics about it, even if said thing as a whole has nothing to do with what our wiki is supposed to be indexing? Not in the least.
"AP feats" was the only even remote justification anyone had left for us to keep this thing, and that justification is gone now.

No, not an indexing site related to vs battles, an indexing site first and vs battles second. That is the way it has always been.

Yes, we should index everything. That is the entire reason why we exist as a community.

Time to index random mafia goon from hotline Miami because he has a gun

Gonna add about 800 profiles to the wiki real quick

On the real though I don't think we should really be indexing stuff like this, locations, or non real life events. At best, it should not be a character.

The SCP 11-C can attack.

Tier 11 isn't really the same thing as any other tier anyways. They're more there to serve as an example of how lower dimensional characters could work, a sort of inverse to our higher dimensional tiers.

You say that like the Cake eventually causing the planet to collapse and then turning into a supermassive black hole isnt a threat

It isn't a threat, because it can't happen within the time allotted by the incap timer.

@King Yes, its correct, not sure why you feel the need to post that image when what was said is correct

SCP-2747 can definitely do things. That it does these things makes it leave the tier of 11-C, but it still originates there.

Mutually annihilates entire narratives that it exists withi

Mutually annihilates entire narratives that it exists within, narratives in the SCP universe have 196,884 dimensions

Those are both descriptions of actions.

Why don't we just settle this with a vote?

All in favor of deletio, said Aye. All against deletio, say Nay.

Aye: 4 (Myself, Kramer, Schnee, Schmuck)

Nay: 1 (Weekly)

Doesn't seem to care: 1 (Wok)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back