• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I am still surprised that Ram apparently isnt already a genius, being better at something than Ley is a major feat. I agree with the 2x multiplier too

I was gonna push for it in my side story revision actually, but not really going to post that CRT till i have basically gone throw a large portion, if not all the side stories, which will take a while.

Will re-read Bond of Ice next, but also re-reading a visual novel so, could take time.

ah, a re:zero thread

reminds me of the days when i tried to watch the anime but i could never for the love of me due to the extreme second hand embarassement i felt everytime subaru acts like an idiot

good ol days

ah, a re:zero thread

reminds me of the days when i tried to watch the anime but i could never for the love of me due to the extreme second hand embarassement i felt everytime subaru acts like an idiot

good ol days
Me fr fr.

Arc 3 Subaru is really something.

I watched anyway trought.

Me fr fr.

Arc 3 Subaru is really something.

I watched anyway trought.
yeah, i still have not watched it
i barely forced trough season 1 and that was it, i will watch the second season and read the light novel statrting next week

i'm mentally preparing myself and from what i'm reading it seems the verse has some extreme skill feats

"Self-Proclaimed Knight" was probably one of my favourite bits of Arc 3 tbh, I really enjoyed the writing of Emilia and Subaru's falling out. Hitting rock bottom meant he had nowhere to go but up, and ohhhh boy did he go up.

I think only "That's All the Story is About" and "From Zero" beat it for me, at least in Arc 3.

"Self-Proclaimed Knight" was probably one of my favourite bits of Arc 3 tbh, I really enjoyed the writing of Emilia and Subaru's falling out. Hitting rock bottom meant he had nowhere to go but up, and ohhhh boy did he go up.

I think only "That's All the Story is About" and "From Zero" beat it for me, at least in Arc 3.
i mean don't get me wrong the story is definitely well written, in fact it's one of the best written shows and light novels you can find

but just the sheer second hand embarassement just physically hurts my soul, i just couldn't help it

good thing is now i have lots of volumes to binge read tho

It is one of the harder scenes to sit through in terms of second-hand embarassment I suppose, I know plenty of folks who find the gore easier to swallow than Subaru being a fool.

I'm the opposite in that sense, I'm weak to gore lol

It is one of the harder scenes to sit through in terms of second-hand embarassment I suppose, I know plenty of folks who find the gore easier to swallow than Subaru being a fool.

I'm the opposite in that sense, I'm weak to gore lol
i'm a guy who watched the lore of god war 1 and 2 uncensored when my age was still in the single digits

suffice to say i'm highly resistant to gore as i pretty much don't even care about it

but as a kid who suffered from an extreme case of social anxiety and low self esteem, re zero was just not it despite how amazing the story is

Which kind of Madness Manipulation would y'all consider Daphne's Eye of Starvation?

Looking Daphne in the eye causes intense hunger on the level of the Great Rabbit's, driving them into a frenzy of insanity just from looking at it for a few seconds. This is why she has to wear a blindfold.

As if being penetrated by her golden pupil, Subaru remained frozen still. And then, she blinked a few times,

Daphne: “That… should be enough…"

Saying this, with the same beleaguered movements, she made her way back to her coffin. And, just as she looked like she was about to collapse, the mobile coffin gently caught her inside.

Stirring her body around, Daphne found the most comfortable position. All the while, immobilized on the spot, Subaru quietly chewed something in his mouth as he watched her, Daphne yawned and placed the blindfold back over her eyes. The fabric in the interior of the coffin slowly peeled open and wrapped her tiny body snugly inside, binding her in its grasp.

Like it wasn’t even there, her restraints operated entirely on her will.

Subaru: “What just happened… Also, why… do you…”

Daphne: “You still haven’t noticed it yet…?”

Just as Subaru was about to ask her why she would restrain herself, Daphne interrupted his question, while giving her body a wriggle inside the coffin as if to make sure the restraints were properly fastened.

The moment her words entered his ears, Subaru furrowed his brows as though he noticed something.

Subaru: “Ah, ugh…?”

Pain. It was pain.

Rising in Subaru’s waist was a pain that gave the illusion that a hole had been opened there, forcing his body to bend.

His guts wrenched as sensations of thirst and hunger protested with overwhelming starvation. Groaning, writhing in the unbearable pain, Subaru’s knees collapsed onto the grass.

Saliva drooled from the edge of his lips as he desperately tried to endure the pain. Hunger, hunger, hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger.

Subaru: “Aa, aaa, AAAAAaaahh… hur…ts…”

The intense hunger sent his consciousness scattering and his thoughts into disarray as he lost all sense of reality.

Panting, writhing, he rolled back and forth on the ground. His movements only exacerbating the hunger, Subaru wriggled, convulsing like a caterpillar on the bed of grass.

Starvation, maddening starvation. Famishing. Life-threatening. A gaping hole, there’s a gaping hole in his stomach. Dying, he’s going to die, he’s going to die if he doesn’t eat. He’s going to die. He’s going to die.

Daphne: “You still haven’t noticed it yet…?"

Looking down on the writhing, suffocating Subaru―― although her eyes did not actually see him, Daphne kept a grasp of Subaru’s condition through sound and smell.

He couldn’t understand the meaning of her words. Notice what, notice what when the hunger was driving him insane? Although he understood that she was behind this, there was no room for resentment in the face of this hunger. He wouldn’t be able to bear it if he didn’t fill this hunger. Right now, the only cog holding together his sanity was the thing he had been chewing on since――

Subaru: “――――”

What, was Subaru, eating, right now?

Daphne: “You noticed iit? That’s gluttony, you know.”

Hearing Daphne’s words, Subaru noticed it―― the pinky and ring fingers on his right hand were missing.

Where did the missing fingers go? There was no need to look. He was chewing on the fragments of his pinky finger right this moment.

Profuse blood seeped from the torn-off stumps, dyeing the green grass field with red.

Watching the droplets fall, Subaru’s mind went blank. With the passing of the seconds, something slowly came to fill that blankness. An emotion, of――

――Ahh, spilling blood is such a waste.

Simply a desire to quench his thirsting throat, and the disappointment of his unsated hunger. - Arc 4 Chapter 47 "Partners with Bad Affinity"
Subaru: “I don’t wanna think of it as that kind of bloodthirsty place…! Anyway what just happened!? It was only for a short while, but… I actually went insane.”

Daphne: “That was maddening hunger… Extreme hunger can turn people into something worse than beasts. If you looked into my right eye too, it would’ve been even more interesting, you know?”

Subaru: “…You’re kidding.”

A magical eye, or something of the sort.

Although Ram’s clairvoyance would also count as an eye-power, her ability didn’t really have much offensive potential, so Daphne’s was definitely way scarier.

Perhaps it could be called the Eye of Hunger or the Eye of Starvation. The moment Subaru looked into her left eye, he ate his own fingers for a hunger he wasn’t even aware of.

He was so famished that he forgot the existence of pain, and everything in sight was food to sate his insatiable hunger. - Arc 4 Chapter 48 "Price for the Tea Party"

Which kind of Madness Manipulation would y'all consider Daphne's Eye of Starvation?

Looking Daphne in the eye causes intense hunger on the level of the Great Rabbit's, driving them into a frenzy of insanity just from looking at it for a few seconds. This is why she has to wear a blindfold.
Hunger inducement.

But i don't think we have this power on this wiki. And i don't think this qualify fully to MM.

It's seems to definitely be MM since Subaru outright says he went insane, and it is stated to be maddening hunger.

On one hand I wanna say Type 2 just because of the feeling it gives, but it might technically be Type 3 since the mind isn't actually mentioned, and it's caused by "percieving" Daphne's eye.

How about biological manipulation?

Actually that seems to be more for physical changes. It probably be type 1 MM if i had to say.

Well, i read on some profiles of characters who have this ability, and i found myself thinking Mind manipulation makes sense.

Not sure about type 1 Madness, because she is not exactly using drugs, poisons or toxins.

There's definitely an argument for any one of the three, it's not nearly as clear-cut as Miasma which is obviously type 2.

"Certain characters can alter one's sanity through the use of biological methods, many of which involve tampering with specific parts of the brain. Chemical means (such as drugs, poisons and toxins) also fall under this category."

It just says via the use of biological means, which hunger qualifies for, with drugs, poisons, and toxins as an example. I'm fine with mind manipulation too though, mind manipulation is more broad, and MM is mostly a subset of it.

Last edited:
"Certain characters can alter one's sanity through the use of biological methods, many of which involve tampering with specific parts of the brain. Chemical means (such as drugs, poisons and toxins) also fall under this category."

It just says via the use of biological means, which hunger qualifies for, with drugs, poisons, and toxins as an example. I'm fine with mind manipulation too though, mind manipulation is more broad, and MM is mostly a subset of it.
That's talking about the means not the effect. Inducing hunger does not equal using biological means to induce madness.

That's talking about the means not the effect. Inducing hunger does not equal using biological means to induce madness.
I know its not quite using biological means, which is why I'm fine with mind manipulation instead. Hunger is a related phenomenon to one's biology though.

It appears to fit type 2 or 3 madness manipulation. Especially so type 3.

Type 2 seems to be refering to an active attack actually. Type 3 seems to be the only one that fits its passive effect.

any pure soul here can tell me in which order i should read the re:zero manga?

that shit is confusing me more than the fate series and that's saying something

edit: nvm i have found a site where i can do so

thanks for your time

any pure soul here can tell me in which order i should read the re:zero manga?

that shit is confusing me more than the fate series and that's saying something

edit: nvm i have found a site where i can do so

thanks for your time
ReZero is not a manga at its source. It's a light novel. The manga that does exist is also kinda ****** up since there is a different artist every arc and some sites only have one arc (usually not the first).

i found every arc exept the first one, so it doesn't matter much

the second hand still isn't here for now, which is amazing

i used to cringe like every 5 seconds

how far i've grown
Well if you're fine with the manga that's alright. Just know that it's basically useless if you want to know more about the scaling of the characters. It's a completely different version from canon.

Back