• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The feat would be... his entire Authority of Greed, Lion's Heart.

By cutting himself off from time, he experiences no change. No change means no getting damaged, and even no getting wet. Outside influence doesn't affect him while he affects the outside world.

You could say it acts more like Type 5 Acausality, but he doesn't qualify for that I believe.

The feat would be... his entire Authority of Greed, Lion's Heart.

By cutting himself off from time, he experiences no change. No change means no getting damaged, and even no getting wet. Outside influence doesn't affect him while he affects the outside world.
Gonna have to ask this with staff member If this fully qualify.

It's gonna be in the CRT anyway along with all the quotes of him being unchangeable & ignoring the physical laws of the world, if it gets shot down then it gets shot down.

The CRT's also gonna be suggesting things like matter hax for Reg & extraordinary genius for Rai.

Last edited:
Hmm... Does Rai and/or all of the gluttonies scale to Daphne or smth? I vaugely recall that being a thing in a Tappei Q&A that said they were equal or maybe it was a match between the gluttonies and daphne being inconclusive. If true, would that + one of the gluttonies probably killing Shaula + the hype for Warlock Rai be enough to scale Rai to a possibly 7-B rating or am I reaching?

The Gluttony vs Daphne = incon statement was made before we even knew there were more than one Gluttony, so you can absolutely argue that Rai ~= Daphne, and even if he did mean all 3 being able to tie against Daphne who is >> Echidna is grounds to scale.

The one to kill Shaula can pretty much only be Rai who we see alive since he beheads Subaru, or less likely Emilia since she has a hammer sometimes i guess.

Warlock Rai hype is inarguable, you can argue him all the way up to > Regulus but more likely he is at most > Roswaal. Just a shame he doesn't get compared to anyone but Ram, who either gets stomped in 3rd Shackle or stomps in 5th Shackle.

So no you're not reaching, but arguing against 7-B Rai is also very possible.

Hmm... Does Rai and/or all of the gluttonies scale to Daphne or smth? I vaugely recall that being a thing in a Tappei Q&A that said they were equal or maybe it was a match between the gluttonies and daphne being inconclusive. If true, would that + one of the gluttonies probably killing Shaula + the hype for Warlock Rai be enough to scale Rai to a possibly 7-B rating or am I reaching?
Ok, while he did say that It would be a draw, considering the hax If the glutonny, is hard to say is because the attack potency, or If Glutonny trio would just eat daphne names, since they are three. And do even know how daphne fights?

And probally killing Shaula also don't help much, since during the loops she turns into a scorpion, and becomes 8-B.

The one thing that throws a wrench into the possibility of 7-B base Rai: Cecilus would kill him easily, although he may or may not win against the other Divine Generals. Though Rai is also confirmed as having the strongest combat power of the Sin Archbishops, and his Warlock form is tremendously stronger to the degree that they can't be compared.

And probally killing Shaula also don't help much, since during the loops she turns into a scorpion, and becomes 8-B.
Shaula's corpse was humanoid.

Shaula’s corpse was in such a terrible state that it made him want to cover his eyes.

Her long brown hair, which had been tied up, was now was sprawled untidily across the floor. Her limbs were flumped about to her side devoid of energy, and moreover, one of her arms had been sliced off at the elbow, the other at her wrist, with the severed parts nowhere in sight.

Her lustrous pale skin bore countless lacerations, and a large amount of blood had been splattered nearby. The trail of blood continued further back down the aisleway, and ended where she had met her end, proving that the battle had been long fought and changed places many times.

It had been the wound to her head that had settled the fight and killed her, most likely―― “wound” was too light of a word to use, as that which had laid waste to her life was a lethal hole.

Maybe it could be said that someone had swung down a great hammer on her head.

He could not conceive of any other barbaric way that her head would have been smashed in, scattered about, throwing its insides just about everywhere around. A tremendously huge blow from something had smashed up her head.
Shaula’s head had been smashed apart and completely destroyed.

Though it had only been for a short while, he remembered how she had unhesitatingly gotten closer to him and turned her genuine open smile at him.

Subaru: “…Buh.” Subaru sunk to his knees where he was, as he gazed at her remains aghast, in shock, in disbelief.

The urge to vomit was unbearable, and unable to stop himself, Subaru puked up the contents of his stomach. The contents of his stomach which had turned to goop, mixed in with his gastric juices, splurged out of his body with an acrid smell to them.

They even got onto Shaula’s remains, further humiliating her post-mortem, after having died in such a gruesome manner.

Poor Shaula, with her head crushed and her whole body sliced up.

The one thing that throws a wrench into the possibility of 7-B base Rai: Cecilus would kill him easily, although he may or may not win against the other Divine Generals. Though Rai is also confirmed as having the strongest combat power of the Sin Archbishops, and his Warlock form is tremendously stronger to the degree that they can't be compared.
Cecilus is just a weird mofo in the scaling chain regardless, so I don't think Cecilus being able to kill him easily is much of an issue. Probably.

Cecilus is just a weird mofo in the scaling chain regardless, so I don't think Cecilus being able to kill him easily is much of an issue. Probably.
Oh there's also the fact that 2nd Shackle Ram isn't that much weaker than Ley despite according to Tappei being a bit over twice as strong as Beastified Garfiel.

Shaula’s corpse was in such a terrible state that it made him want to cover his eyes.

Her long brown hair, which had been tied up, was now was sprawled untidily across the floor. Her limbs were flumped about to her side devoid of energy, and moreover, one of her arms had been sliced off at the elbow, the other at her wrist, with the severed parts nowhere in sight.

Her lustrous pale skin bore countless lacerations, and a large amount of blood had been splattered nearby. The trail of blood continued further back down the aisleway, and ended where she had met her end, proving that the battle had been long fought and changed places many times.

It had been the wound to her head that had settled the fight and killed her, most likely―― “wound” was too light of a word to use, as that which had laid waste to her life was a lethal hole.

Maybe it could be said that someone had swung down a great hammer on her head.

He could not conceive of any other barbaric way that her head would have been smashed in, scattered about, throwing its insides just about everywhere around. A tremendously huge blow from something had smashed up her head.
Shaula’s head had been smashed apart and completely destroyed.
Hm. The damage being described here since more along the line of damage only Rai would be able to do since, well, he is the one that is carrying around blades and all. I'm pretty sure Julius' corpse was found somewhere else, and it is possible that the hammer came from Rai eating Emilia's name and memory to get her ice magic. It also seems the battle was a long-one, and we know that Shaula can flat-out kill everyone with ease, so eh...
Oh there's also the fact that 2nd Shackle Ram isn't that much weaker than Ley despite according to Tappei being a bit over twice as strong as Beastified Garfiel.
Huh.

... Is there anything actually preventing it? Like barring the whole "Ram needs outside help to unlock her higher shackles", of course. And there are those statements of Ram's power and all.

... Is there anything actually preventing it? Like barring the whole "Ram needs outside help to unlock her higher shackles", of course. And there are those statements of Ram's power and all.
It depends on how we judge an utterly effortless stomp, 5th Shackle Ram is likely well into Tier 7 or even Tier 6. 3rd Shackle is at least 8-A imo, but the exponential nature of her Shackles make it very difficult to tell how much stronger each level is than the last.

It depends on how we judge an utterly effortless stomp, 5th Shackle Ram is likely well into Tier 7 or even Tier 6. 3rd Shackle is at least 8-A imo, but the exponential nature of her Shackles make it very difficult to tell how much stronger each level is than the last.
Does Ram shacles have a multiplier?

Does Ram shacles have a multiplier?

Also been on my mind for a bit: Ram's in-universe explanation of Shackles are so useless and wrong and it hurts. According to the novel, each Shackle binds 10% of Ram's might as the Oni God, with there being 10 total Shackles.

This makes sense until you realize Oni God Ram is stronger than god-damn Sekhmet, Regulus, and Puck. You can at most argue she is comparable to Volcanica. If one Shackle was = 10% power, then Arc 2 Ram could one-shot everyone on the planet not named Reinhard.

In reality the Shackles are exponential:
1st Shackle = Rem level
2nd Shackle = >2x Tiger Garfiel level, can contend with Ley
3rd Shackle = Completely effortlessly shitstomping Ley Batenkaitos
5th Shackle = Completely effortlessly shitstomping Warlock Ley who shitstomped 3rd Shackle Ram. This is the only one that has actually acts the way it is described- being half of Ram's power.

@Fezzih_007
How much of the White Whale would be gone after one bite from Daphne?

One serious bite from Daphne would be all it would take. - Three Great Witchbeasts Q&A

Daphne's weaker hunger hax was able to drive Subaru into a frenzy where he was eating himself after just a few seconds.

The hunger hax was in the WN and cut for space in the LN, so you can argue it's non-canon, but even in the LN Echidna specifically states "Do not look into her eyes." + her eye design in the LN implies their special like in the WN.

Just as Subaru was about to ask her why she would restrain herself, Daphne interrupted his question, while giving her body a wriggle inside the coffin as if to make sure the restraints were properly fastened.

The moment her words entered his ears, Subaru furrowed his brows as though he noticed something.

Subaru: “Ah, ugh…?”

Pain. It was pain.
Rising in Subaru’s waist was a pain that gave the illusion that a hole had been opened there, forcing his body to bend.

His guts wrenched as sensations of thirst and hunger protested with overwhelming starvation. Groaning, writhing in the unbearable pain, Subaru’s knees collapsed onto the grass.

Saliva drooled from the edge of his lips as he desperately tried to endure the pain. Hunger, hunger, hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger hunger.

Subaru: “Aa, aaa, AAAAAaaahh… hur…ts…”

The intense hunger sent his consciousness scattering and his thoughts into disarray as he lost all sense of reality.

Panting, writhing, he rolled back and forth on the ground. His movements only exacerbating the hunger, Subaru wriggled, convulsing like a caterpillar on the bed of grass.

Starvation, maddening starvation. Famishing. Life-threatening. A gaping hole, there’s a gaping hole in his stomach. Dying, he’s going to die, he’s going to die if he doesn’t eat. He’s going to die. He’s going to die.

Daphne: “You noticed iit? That’s gluttony, you know.”

Hearing Daphne’s words, Subaru noticed it―― the pinky and ring fingers on his right hand were missing.

Where did the missing fingers go? There was no need to look. He was chewing on the fragments of his pinky finger right this moment.

Profuse blood seeped from the torn-off stumps, dyeing the green grass field with red.

Watching the droplets fall, Subaru’s mind went blank. With the passing of the seconds, something slowly came to fill that blankness. An emotion, of――

――Ahh, spilling blood is such a waste.

Simply a desire to quench his thirsting throat, and the disappointment of his unsated hunger. - Arc 4 Chapter 47 "Partners with Bad Affinity"

I need to sleep now, but yeah the hunger hax is not canon, no.

If It was, i really don't see How the match is a draw, that honestly should be a stomp, her looks at them, and they start eating each other.

I need to sleep now, but yeah the hunger hax is not canon, no.

If It was, i really don't see How the match is a draw, that honestly should be a stomp, her looks at them, and they start eating each other.
You don't seriously think they won't resist that, do you? Even Crusch could resist authority hax to an extent and she doesn't even have the corresponding factor like they do.

You don't seriously think they won't resist that, do you?
No, i don't think they resist.

Anyway, i just want to reiterate that i fine with the possibly rating
Possibly
Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly.
Because i don't think that statement is totally cut and clean.

Tappei struggling to decide whether he wants Carmilla to be strong or not.

Unless this implies that the Great Rabbit would fall for Carmilla which is just strange.

Daphne: “If you want to destroy Great Rabbit-chan, Met-Met, Dona-Dona, and Milla-Milla can all do it easily.”

Subaru: “Wait, whose nickname was that you just called? Dona-Dona… is Echidna, right? Met-Met… must be Sekhmet. But who’s Milla-Milla?”

Daphne: “Carmilla… she’s Lust. But she doesn’t seem to want to meet you, Subaruun.” - Arc 4 Chapter 48 "Price for the Tea Party"

Unless this implies that the Great Rabbit would fall for Carmilla which is just strange.
I think that makes sense actually, her powers make even the mindless beasts fall for her, that would increase the potency of authority.
But It also could be other stuff.

Turns out there is a direct feat of Sirius resisting a-precog in Volume 19

As Liliana watched with eyes peeled, Priscilla began a life-and-death sword dance with Sirius.

Sirius’s irregular chains didn’t follow any standard sort of logic and traced an unpredictable path while Priscilla quite literally danced with her sword as she cut her way through the incoming attacks.

Liliana had seen Priscilla’s amazing sword skills several times already during their circuit of the city. And seeing it on display once more made her realize all over again just how impressive it was as she didn’t yield even a step against Sirius. - Re:Zero Volume 19, Chapter 2, Section 4

It wouldn't scale to anyone I think because it seems to be born from the nature of her weapon & her personality, but what is particularly interesting is that Priscilla's skills are enough to handle these unpredictable attacks.

Turns out there is a direct feat of Sirius resisting a-precog in Volume 19

It wouldn't scale to anyone I think because it seems to be born from the nature of her weapon & her personality, but what is particularly interesting is that Priscilla's skills are enough to handle these unpredictable attacks.
I not sure too sure about this, but i don't exactly know why🤔
This seems like floral lenguage, but i not too sure.
I think it should be fine? I don't know actually.

Last edited:
I don't think I can express the face I just made through writing.

Anyways I wanna ask something of RZ fans, does anyone know where the idea that Minerva's Authority of Wrath functions via twisting cause & effect comes from? I've seen it repeated a few times but I haven't found a source.

I not sure too sure about this, but i don't exactly know why🤔
This seems like floral lenguage, but i not too sure.
I kinda agree in this case. It just seems like it's referring to the fact chains don't move in a simple straight motion like a sword for example would.

"The healing power triggered by her fists was the result of a mechanism which forcibly twisted cause and effect, expending incredible amounts of Mana to activate. The Mana required far exceeded the capacity of humans, and, even for a Witch, Minerva could not possibly manage it alone." - Arc 4 Intermission 2

Ok, the Q&A is kinda weird.
Q: Comparing just physical strength with no authorities, who is the strongest out of the archbishops?

A: Sirius is the only answer
I don't know if this affects AP, but her lifting strenght should change of "Comparable to Garfiel" to "Stronger than Garfiel" i think.

Back