• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

The door closed behind Kinzer and Imperius, Rhongomyniad fixing her eyes into Okita's

"Of your family line, who did they "wrong" that you know of?" Rhongomyniad asked, clearly having a good idea of at least part of the problem but wanting the full picture
"Who did they... wrong? Excuse me if I don't understand the question, but would you be willing to explain what you mean?" Okita asked, "Without any sugarcoating or foolishness, preferably."

"You are saying I am cursed, then?" Okita said, rubbing her chin as she processed the new information.

"I am afraid I cannot tell you much on that. The Souji Household is of noble blood, yes, but, other than that, we were quite humble in our work, from what I could read about from my past. I am afraid that I cannot give you any information on whatever curse you believe I may have." Okita said bluntly.

Meanwhile.

"....Somethings wrong with her." David thought, replaying the fight with Okita in his head. The coughing, the way she parried and fought. She wasn't...strong. In a physical sense. He was no doctor, but if there was one subject he was knowledgeable in, it was the human body. His millennia of working with his own physical form gave him in extremely in-depth knowledge in that respect.

"...She ain't crippled or anything. Her body move's well enough. Is she...diseased? Some kinda birth defect...?" David muttered, scratching his head.

"...but then, she should've gotten flattened in seconds the moment Rory started pressuring her. No amount of skill can bypass such a vast gap of physical ability...right?" He thought.

He cocked his head. Considering this. She...was living in contradiction to David's own belief about strength. He had spent millennia perfecting his body, crafting a flawless physical form in hopes of becoming truly strong. Yet...here this women was, likely among the least physically gifted people on the ship...and he couldn't picture himself beating her. Not after her performance in her last spar. He folded his arms, leaning against the wall.

"...Oughta just ask her what's up with her, no use thinking about it." He thought.

"So I can't exactly pinpoint it... I doubt a Kodama is the origin, their curses aren't this strong, could be Adam I suppose, he's a dark magic user and I know Eonara is capable of using curses like this... assuming Adam is around her level or superior, similar to dark magic users like my fellow Evil of Humanity, Morgan le fay..." Rhongomyniad murmured, deep in thought

"Well, pinpointing it will have to wait, I can't dispell it, wherever it's exact origins are. I can however partly deal with some heavy corruption that's probably been with you for awhile." Rhongomyniad said, getting up and motioning to another bed

"You should lay down, this'll take a bit." Rhongomyniad said

"I dedicate myself to healing and such, it calms me... and it frustrates me to no end there's something I can't... fix..." Rhongomyniad said, shaking herself before putting one hand on Okita's sternum and one on her stomach and closed her eyes to begin purification

Rhongomyniad reached about 75% completion before hitting a wall, to which she sighed frustratedly and opened her eyes and pulled back

"That's as much as my magic can do, you'll have to go to Gabriel or Cullthane to get it completely removed..." Rhongomyniad said, trailing off

Kinzer did just that, walking back in with crossed arms. "Curse, huh... Poor her." He said indifferently, simply leaning against the wall.

"Hey babe, I think I'm gonna go check on Gabriel." Kiara said, "I saw how messed up she was... So I wanna see if she's okay."

Rory nodded, "...Alright. Actually, I think I'll join you. I've been pretty worried about her myself..." Rory said as she ceased her training along with Kiara, holding onto her wife's hand as Kiara smiled at her.

"Yeah... For a second there I thought Adam had... ha..." Kiara simply breathed out, clearly not planning to think about any of that stuff right now as Rorh gripped her hand tighter, simply smiling back at her as best she could.

"It'll be fine, Kiara. Just... Try not to think about it, alright...?" Rory murmured, not wanting Kiara to begin bringing up bad memories.

"Right...! Right...." Kiara murmured as they went off.

Okita was the first to reach the room, though, knocking on the door. "Ythala, is this you're room? Am I allowed to enter?" Okita said, clearly not very familiar with the exact layout of the Hyperion, still getting used to the ship itself and its more... advanced infrastructure.

"Ay, Rory. When you get a moment, I need to talk to ya about something." David said, watching the woman as she left.

"...It's a bit...important."

Ythala let out a surprised squeak, jumping up from the bed and dropping her scroll. Hurriedly, she fixed her hair, blushing a bit as she quickly moved toward the door. She threw it open, quickly jumping upward and wrapping her arms around the women's chest.

"...Okita! are you ok!!?" Ythala said.

"Uh, alright." Rory said before Kiara cut her off, smiling.

"You and David can talk right now if it's important, Rory!" Kiara said.

"Are you sure...? If... I'd rather be there for you if you have any trouble- You know-" Kiara cut Rory off once more, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine! You are David talk for now, I'll let you know how Gabriel is doing when I get back." Kiara said, slowly and begrudgingly letting go of Rory's hand. Rory sighed, blushing a tiny bit at the kiss.

"Alright, babe... Yell for me if you need anything, alright?" Rory said, which caused Kiara to nod.

"I'll be sure of it!" She said enthusiastically before heading out of the room, Rory turning to David with crossed arms.

"Alright... What do you want?" She asked.

"I'm fine, Ythala. Just some minor injuries... I came to see how you were doing, and, heh, it seems like you're in high spirits..." Okita said jokingly, not really minding the explicit hug.

Gabriel snickered at this, nodding. "We're all fine, Okita." She said.

David folded his arms, staring at Rory for a few moments.

"...Ya think we should do something about those weapons?" David said finally.

"...Like...get rid of them?"

Ythala blushed, cuddling against her for a few moments before looking up at her.

"...I'm just glad to see you! After the...the thing with Adam, and seeing you spar with that warrior women...." Ythala's voice dropped a bit, beginning to hug her tighter.

"...I was worried about you..." She murmured quietly.

"Get rid of them? What, you mean like, destroy them? I don't even know if we can do that, man." Rory said, tilting her head.

"As was I, Ythala. Also, her name is Rory, it is impolite to address her as 'Warrior Woman', Ythala." Okita said, glancing at the floor and noticing the scroll.

"What is that?" Okita asked, "Were you all in the middle of reading?"

David nodded.

"Yeah, destroy them." David said bluntly, shaking his head.

"...That bastard Adam...he's the one who caused all this shit! I ain't keen on having any of his creation's around. Especially not so close to Gabriel..."

"As was I, Ythala. Also, her name is Rory, it is impolite to address her as 'Warrior Woman', Ythala." Okita said, glancing at the floor and noticing the scroll.

"What is that?" Okita asked, "Were you all in the middle of reading?"
"O-oh! yeah!" Ythala said. She hugged her tighter for a moment, burying her face in her kimono, before quickly jumping down.

"I..I was learning a healing spell from Raviathon. I-incase you ever get injured and need help!" Ythala said enthusiastically.

"I mean, I never said I don't want to, I asked if we even can... I'm all for getting rid of them but we have to consider if we even have the ability to, and what's gonna happen if we do." Rory said, trying to be as reasonable as possible.

Okita's face drooped a bit, but, she smiled once again a few moments later, Gabriel simply sighing as she realized what the problem was.

"I'm glad you're considering my safety so much, Ythala. I am far unworthy of such consideration..." She said.

"I mean, I never said I don't want to, I asked if we even can... I'm all for getting rid of them but we have to consider if we even have the ability to, and what's gonna happen if we do." Rory said, trying to be as reasonable as possible.
David raised an eyebrow.

"...You clashed with one of his weapons, right? Are they invulnerable or somethin?" David asked, cocking his head.

Okita's face drooped a bit, but, she smiled once again a few moments later, Gabriel simply sighing as she realized what the problem was.

"I'm glad you're considering my safety so much, Ythala. I am far unworthy of such consideration..." She said.
"Of course you are!" Ythala said. She moved towards Okita, grasping her hand.

"You...you've done so much for me already, despite just meeting me. I...I'd love to return the favor somehow..." Ythala said.

"Yeah, the problem is that we don't know if they are or aren't. That wasn't a serious spar so I wasn't really focused on figuring anything out, but, if we're planning to destroy them, we can't go in blind... I'm not planning to put Kiara or Gabriel or really anybody in danger because we went around exploding shit all willy nilly..." Rory said bluntly.

Okita sighed, but smiled. "Thank you, Ythala. I... I appreciate it. But regardless, I came here for another reason barring checking on you." Okita said, glancing at Gabriel.

"Yeah... Yeah, I think I can help you out." Gabriel said, turning into Adult form.

"Yeah, the problem is that we don't know if they are or aren't. That wasn't a serious spar so I wasn't really focused on figuring anything out, but, if we're planning to destroy them, we can't go in blind... I'm not planning to put Kiara or Gabriel or really anybody in danger because we went around exploding shit all willy nilly..." Rory said bluntly.
David folded his arms, staring at Rory for a moment, before sighing.

"Guess that makes sense...if those are Adam's weapons...they probably have more tricks than what we've seen." David said. He breathed out, clearly agitated over the whole situation.

Okita sighed, but smiled. "Thank you, Ythala. I... I appreciate it. But regardless, I came here for another reason barring checking on you." Okita said, glancing at Gabriel.

"Yeah... Yeah, I think I can help you out." Gabriel said, turning into Adult form.
"O-oh! Sorry!" Ythala said. Quickly she fluttered her wings, moving to the bed again as she watched the two women.

"W-what's going on?"

"Yeah. Besides... Jack seems trustworthy, I guess. If he wanted try and end us he would've used his weapons to do so... And it ain't like they seem to bad themselves. I'm skeptical, you can bet I'm skeptical, but, I think we should at least wait and see what happens... I think..." Rory murmured, clearly a bit skeptical on her own assessment as she was worried for everybody's safety, and didn't feel comfortable risking it.

"Well, to put it simply, I have a... condition which makes my body extremely fragile and unable to build muscle mass, Ythala. I was hoping Ms. Gabriel could help alleviate it somewhat..." Okita explained, not really going into the specifics of the curse.

"Id rather you forget about it, a patient's business is their own." Rhongomyniad said bluntly, her breathing shaky much as she tried to hide it
"I wasn't planning to pry. It ain't my business, you're right." Kinzer said, shrugging as he went over to her.

"You good? You're pretty bad at hiding things, yknow. I can see you're breath." He said bluntly.

"Yeah. Besides... Jack seems trustworthy, I guess. If he wanted try and end us he would've used his weapons to do so... And it ain't like they seem to bad themselves. I'm skeptical, you can bet I'm skeptical, but, I think we should at least wait and see what happens... I think..." Rory murmured, clearly a bit skeptical on her own assessment as she was worried for everybody's safety, and didn't feel comfortable risking it.
David stared at her for a moment. before breathing out.

"....that may be for the best..." He said, shaking his head.

"...Jack and his weapons haven't done anything...yet. It wouldn't be right to target them like this. I'm just...paranoid, is all. This whole Adam situation just keeps getting worse..."

"Well, to put it simply, I have a... condition which makes my body extremely fragile and unable to build muscle mass, Ythala. I was hoping Ms. Gabriel could help alleviate it somewhat..." Okita explained, not really going into the specifics of the curse.
"A-a curse?!" Ythala yelped, jumping on from the bed. Worry was clear in her expression.

"Gabriel, you..you can help her right?!" She said, turning to the angel.

"I just... I hate not being able to help for those kinds of things...!" Rhongomyniad murmured
"You did help, Rhongomyniad. I could tell when she passed by... You purified a good chunk of that corruption for her." Kinzer said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

David stared at her for a moment. before breathing out.

"....that may be for the best..." He said, shaking his head.

"...Jack and his weapons haven't done anything...yet. It wouldn't be right to target them like this. I'm just...paranoid, is all. This whole Adam situation just keeps getting worse..."
"Yeah, man... And hey, if push comes to shove, Okita said she'd take him out personally. I don't know her that much but I feel as though she's definitely trustworthy in that regard..." Rory said.

"A-a curse?!" Ythala yelped, jumping on from the bed. Worry was clear in her expression.

"Gabriel, you..you can help her right?!" She said, turning to the angel.
"I can help, yes. While I cannot dispel or completely get rid of the curse I can indeed alleviate the effects, and it seems Rhongomyniad already did some of the purifying for me. It's a... peculiar curse, though. I'll work a spell for you in case it gets worse, just in case." Gabriel said to Okita.

"I'm glad... You are all far to kind." Okita said, giving a reassuring smile to Ythala.

"But I couldn't handle it all...!" Rhongomyniad responded, her voice going hoarse as her Breathing got more erratic, clearly I'm the process of entering an episode

"That Rhongomyniad gives me the impression of someone who hates not being able to completely do her job..." Raviathon murmured

"But I couldn't handle it all...!" Rhongomyniad responded, her voice going hoarse as her Breathing got more erratic, clearly I'm the process of entering an episode
"But you helped! That's what matters, Rhongo! You helped her, and she's grateful, and she's going to get more help...!" Kinzer said, putting his hands on her shoulders completely as he got closer to her.

"Yeah, man... And hey, if push comes to shove, Okita said she'd take him out personally. I don't know her that much but I feel as though she's definitely trustworthy in that regard..." Rory said.
"Yeah....she seems trustworthy enough..." David sighed, folding his arms.

"Well, I ain't trying to keep ya away from your wife for too long. Thanks for talking to me before I did anything...rash." He said, shaking his head.

"I can help, yes. While I cannot dispel or completely get rid of the curse I can indeed alleviate the effects, and it seems Rhongomyniad already did some of the purifying for me. It's a... peculiar curse, though. I'll work a spell for you in case it gets worse, just in case." Gabriel said to Okita.

"I'm glad... You are all far to kind." Okita said, giving a reassuring smile to Ythala.
Ythala smiled, breathing out a small sigh of relief.

"...alright...I'm...I'm glad..." She said quietly, slowly sitting back down on the bed, though her voice trembled slightly. Clearly still concerned.

"But you helped! That's what matters, Rhongo! You helped her, and she's grateful, and she's going to get more help...!" Kinzer said, putting his hands on her shoulders completely as he got closer to her.
"But..." Rhongomyniad murmured, caught off-guard by Kinzer grabbing onto her shoulders, her breathing was heavier now as she was in a sort of limbo about entering an episode

Back