• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Welp, guess David is just gonna have to get thrown into the waaaater! Oh, how will his dear wife react? Oh, she'll be so alone, her husband being left to drown!" Kiara said, beginning to drag David off the bed, through the ship, and near the edge of the ship, completely ready and willing to just drop him into the water for a bit to get his attention.

(Yes, Kiara is stubborn, how could you tell?)

David plunged into the water. Liquid filled his lunges as he began to sink below the surface. A long moment passed in silence, the water continued to bubble from David's breathing as he sunk deeper into the sea.

Eventually....after nearly a minute. He resurfaced, his hair damp as he pulled himself onto the ship, coughing up water. He stared at the wooden floor, breathing heavily.

"....." He looked around, his previously blank expression contorting into one of visible anguish as he curled himself into a ball again.

"........" David struggled to form the words.

"....It...it's just like...the...the..." David began. His breathing began to pick up rapidly, as if he was about to hyperventilate. Images raced through his mind again, the sight of the desert permanently burned into his subconscious. He began feeling lightheaded again, his surroundings seeming to swirl around him as he leaned heavily against the wall of the ship.

"....I killed them..." David murmured.

"Uh, no, you didn't. Nobody did, David...." Kiara said bluntly, "The outcome itself was... u-unavoidable... And we always knew this was a possibility..."

Kiara was clearly distressed at the outcome of the previous world as well, but, she didn't show it, it wasn't at all evident except for the occasional stutter. She had long since mastered the ability of putting up fake appearances, and beginning to panic as David would would have only made the situation worse.

"...no...." David murmured.

"...if...if..." David began stuffer, babbling slightly.

"...if...I wasn't...if...if I didn't....."

"...those...people....their... they're gone...we..."

"....so...so many.... they're...all...dead..." David rocked on the ground slightly. His speech nearly incomprehensible as he continued to break down.
"If you didn't what, David!?" Kiara yelled, grabbing David's shoulder, trembling a bit. "What could you have done to stop it...? What could you have done to defeat Hitler without Atalanta's deadly attack...? Tell me, how in the world did you cause this...!? Please, explain to me..."

"And their deaths mean apsolutely nothing if you do not follow through. Not only are you blaming yourself for something that couldn't at all be avoided, the Lostbelt could not be destroyed otherwise, but your also just throwing their lives to the wind even if it was your fault by having no conviction." Cullthane said, taking David's other shoulder

"I...I....I...don't" David began muttering to himself. He didn't know. Didn't know if there was another way.

".....is...is that why....we're here....?"

"...are...are...are we just...going to...keep killing these dimensions....?" David muttered, panic rising in his throat.

"...is that...is that why...we're...here?" David repeated.

"...j-just...just like...just like the desert....I'm...I'm..."

"...so...so...many...dead" David muttered.

"I...I....I...don't" David began muttering to himself. He didn't know. Didn't know if there was another way.

".....is...is that why....we're here....?"

"...are...are...are we just...going to...keep killing these dimensions....?" David muttered, panic rising in his throat.

"...is that...is that why...we're...here?" David repeated.

"...j-just...just like...just like the desert....I'm...I'm..."

"...so...so...many...dead" David muttered.
"....I don't know, David..." Kiara said, "I don't... I don't know..."

"But... Holing yourself up isn't good for anybody. You need to get out here. Get some fresh air. Spend some time with your wife, eat something, drink something, whatever!" Kiara exclaimed, "You can't break down now... Definitely not now..."

"Unless you believe by some miracle we can warp individuals outside of an area that the jokester and the machine can't contact us currently, no, there isn't another way." Cullthane said, floating away

(I love how Gabriel just doesn't give a shit anymore, like, "oh it's David breakdown o clock." Lol)

"....I don't know, David..." Kiara said, "I don't... I don't know..."

"But... Holing yourself up isn't good for anybody. You need to get out here. Get some fresh air. Spend some time with your wife, eat something, drink something, whatever!" Kiara exclaimed, "You can't break down now... Definitely not now..."
"...n-no..." David muttered.

"...I...I can't...Kiara..."

"...can't...do this...again..."

"....I....I...I'm never....I...haven't changed....I...I'll keep killing....and killing...and KILLING" David muttered.

"...n-no..." David muttered.

"...I...I can't...Kiara..."

"...can't...do this...again..."

"....I....I...I'm never....I...haven't changed....I...I'll keep killing....and killing...and KILLING" David muttered.
"Well..." Kiara sighed, "David, I'm not going to force you to do anything. I'm not gonna keep preaching to you and I'm not going to pick you up anymore and dip you into lava or whatever.. All I'll say is that... It wasn't your fault, and it couldn't have been avoided. If not for me, do it for your wife, or for Gabriel, and don't let yourself fall for this..." Kiara murmured.

"Well..." Kiara sighed, "David, I'm not going to force you to do anything. I'm not gonna keep preaching to you and I'm not going to pick you up anymore and dip you into lava or whatever.. All I'll say is that... It wasn't your fault, and it couldn't have been avoided. If not for me, do it for your wife, or for Gabriel, and don't let yourself fall for this..." Kiara murmured.
"......." David said nothing for a moment, staring at the ground.

"...A-alright...Kiara..." David murmured. His tone was empty, his eyes beginning to glaze over again.

"...please...let me be alone...for...for a while..." David said quietly.

Last edited:
Kiara nodded, simply walking away from David.

BAM!!

She slammed her fist against the ship's wall, her hand going through it completely. "...Whoever made these ****** up Lostbelts... Is going to pay...."

The Argo eventually approached a large chasm in the ground with a ramp that led the ship underground, the chasm then closing up as the darkness of the underground ocean was illuminated by the weird light that the Argo emitted.

"Looks like we're here," Jason said as they went down the large entrance.

By this point Rhongomyniad had mostly recovered and was approaching Jason

"All right blondie, how much do you know about this place?"
"More than enough! I've visited before, my dear, so whatever knowledge you need I'll be able to provide." Jason said as the ship finally reached Atlantis.

The city was enormous, far surpassing Moscow or any other city in the last world that they had seen, albeit the technology was somewhat archaic and far more magical. The city itself was surrounded by enormous spires/lighthouses that had various roads inter-connected between each of them which served for the road that the Argo and hundreds of other ships traveled on, and in the center of the city, the castle of the Royal Family stood, grandiose and magnificent as it was, it seemed empty of anything.

Hank jumped off the ship, having gotten used to the watery atmosphere. The water in this so-called Atlantis was breathable, so that was good enough for him, at least.

Rory and Kiara jumped down as well, Kiara being specifically enamored by the architecture of the city. Rory seemed impressed as well but seemed far more interested in what they would find there.

Atalanta was silent, her enormous bow mounted on her back as she crossed her arms, the water making her softly hiss a bit. Gabriel floated next to the Archer, her face both blank and in thought, as information she could not yet process flowed throughout her mind...

Lance jumped off the ship, staring at the wonderous city in front of them.

"...Marvelous..." he muttered.

Asclepius leaped off shortly afterward. Not particularly impressed due to having visited the city in times past.

Lastly, David slowly stood up from where he was sitting, numbly dragging himself behind his allies. He said nothing, his gaze completely fixed on the floor.

"Yo." A man walked up to them as he teleported into the front entrance of Atlantis in a swirl of fire that seemed to burn even underwater.

__cu_chulainn_and_cu_chulainn_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_kokiya__sample-f7cad82bc01ada410ed594fe14d20bfd.jpg

"Let's get to business, then. Tha' name is Kinzer, and I'm the Court Mage of our dear... dear Atlantian Royal Family..." The man named Kinzer said, only seeming to recognize Jason and Asclepius while he slowly scanned the rest.

"Travelers, I see. Time travelers, as well. Let's get you down to a place you're needed." He said, urging the group to follow him without any more formalities or introductions.

"Kinda like you." A man said, jumping down to the "ground", his wear was leather armor and his gruffled brown hair and brown eyes stared Sharply at the group, focusing on the angels before positioning himself somewhere nearby Gabriel

"Let's go." Rhongomyniad said

Kinzer shrugged, "Yeah, got stuck here. Shit happens. The guy in the leather armor is Terevion, and he's the local gunslinger. For now, since your obviously fighters, I'll take you to the barracks to get you ready for combat."

"Combat? And what will we be fighting...?" Rory asked, mounting her katana to her waist.

"You'll see. We need all the allies we can get, especially light magic users, though, that's swiftly becoming useless as well..." Kinzer murmured as they walked.

Kinzer turned around to examine the Angels, "Cool." He simply said as the group got to the barracks as Kinzer called it, which was an enormous building akin to a castle that housed hundreds, if not thousands of soldiers, mostly human, that were constantly training and planning their next supposed attack on whatever enemy lurked...

"Alright, explain the situation," Gabriel said blankly, crossing her arms. Kinzer turned around, sighing.

"Alright. First off, before I do, what are you planning to do with the depressed-looking guy? You willin' to fight, big guy, or are you gonna sulk all day?" Kinzer asked David.

"Cool." Kinzer shrugged, not seeming to care either way. It was clear that he was an incredibly neutral man, and whether or not David was sad or happy mattered not to the man. Gabriel ignored Terevion, not even seeming to acknowledge him as she simply floated in the air with her legs crossed, waiting for Kinzer to begin his explanation.

Kinzer sighed, leading them into an empty room and offering some, well, water.

"Currently, we're in deep shit. Atlantis' only ally, the Sky Ward, which is pretty much a big kingdom in the sky, is being taken by corruption, and so is Atlantis, slowly, but surely. Resources and men are low, and what this corruption is continues to allude us. But, it seems your angel friend has some information on that." Kinzer said, turning to Gabriel.

"...I have knowledge, yeah. I don't know how... After the Fantasy Tree exploded my head has just been... ugh..." Gabriel murmured. Kinzer didn't seem to know what a Fantasy Tree was but simply shrugged.

"Well, whatever, we'll talk about it later. For now, me and a few of my men are planning to assault one of the Sky Ward's kingdoms, Ilios, and pillage it. It's already fallen to corruption, so we've no need to worry about killing any innocents." Kinzer said, "You guys will be joining us, I assume."

Back