• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Rory admired the new armor that she had gained, "Wow... This is actually pretty cool." She thought to herself, planting her sword into the ground. "This is my dream right? Dream within a dream...? ******* paradoxes." Rory changed the scenery of her dream within a dream paradox, posing.

300306-Anime-Girl-Warrior-White-Hair-Skadi-Arknights-4K.jpg

"Yep. I'm awesome."

(But are you certain?)
(100% Certain)

(Also, uh, bump. Let's get the ball rolling on this guys lol.)
"Alright..." Zonolo said, "Mira, can you replay the fight we had with those ice soldiers back at Dragon's Nest."

Mira nodded, using his time powers and magic to essentially make a hologram of the entire realm of Dragon's Nest to examine and analyze.

"This is Dragon's Nest..." Mira said, "Everything looks fine, but something isn't adding up..."

"Perhaps they were invisible?" Lance suggested, watching the footage.

"Some kind of...cloaking device of some sort, or an extinction dream ability. So as to remain undetected before ambushing your party."
"Then it becomes a matter of how to find them..." Mira said, "They weren't just invisible, because the essence of an individual is something I can detect without sight..."

"I think Lance makes sense! It may be possible they were just like... illusions or something." Kiara said, shrugging.
"Mira, why don't you take us all back there?" Zonolo suggested, "We could really test out or see first hand whether or not they are illusions..."

Zonolo tilted his head, putting a finger to his temple.

"Even then... there'd still need to be a source of the illusion...."

"Mirages in deserts form from bending light rays, hallucinations have varying points of origin and so forth..." Mira said, "While I doubt that an illusion is responsible, I'm willing to investigate it further..."

Lance nodded.

"I am rather experienced in weaving illusions with extinction dream. I should be able to help you decern whether they are real or fake, should they appear again" Lance nodded.

"Let us venture into this "dragon's nest" then. perhaps your group, with the aid of Kiara and myself, could find evidence of what occurred."

Last edited:
David continued to lift his weights, during set after set without break or pause. His body ached, his eyes watered, yet at the same time...he felt...good. he was in his element. the repetitive motion of the weights moving up in down allowed him to clear his head. to briefly forget about his responsibilities. and how screwed up the dream world was. and it was in this calm state that David had an idea. It was a stupid idea, sure, but it was something that had been floating in his mind for a while. Something that would take advantage of all the strength he has developed throughout his journey and then some. A technique that David had thought possible, but never decided to put into practice, mostly out of fear.

racking his weights, he stood up, his body covered head to toe with a layer of sweat. slowly, yet purposely, he made his way to one person who he thought could help him. Someone who would allow him to test his theoretical technique. Walking around the house, he began to look for the best healer he knew, Gabriel.

"oops. I uh, didn't mean to bother ya" David said, embarrassed.

"So like, I have this...theory...for a technique new technique I could develop. I wanted to uh...talk to you about it. just to see if it's possible." David said quickly.

"I came to you because the technique is....dangerous, assuming it can actually work, so If I decide to test it...I'll need your help to heal me afterward".

"Alright," David said. he sat down on one of the seats and looked at Gabriel.

"So I think I've realized something about the human body, right? It's that we don't actually use the full strength of our muscles at any given time. We never do. Our brain, it like, limits our strength or something, so that we don't overexert and injure ourselves"

"My experience in the real world confirmed this theory. When me and Rory were trapped in the real world for a while, before you came along, we were able to do something called daydreaming, which, while it granted us extremely heightened strength, also caused us to injure ourselves every time we used it, at least for a while." David said.

"that proves that our bodies, can physically produce more strength than we can usually output, but we simply can't use it without injuring ourselves"

David continued, rambling about his idea. It was clear that he put a lot of thought into this.

"But what if....we could access all of our strength....? With the Extinction dream, I can probably temporarily remove the mental limiter on my strength, allowing me to use 100% of the power that my body possesses."

"But that's not the interesting part. ya see, during one of my adventures when I was dealing with this thing called a singularity...I broke my limiter. the limiter on my growth I mean. Meaning, my potential for strength is no longer capped. it's only limited by how much strength my body can physically handle at any given point, which is further limited by my mental limiter." David said.

"Basically, by shutting off my subconscious limiter, and combining that with my broken physical limiter, I should be able to access power FAR beyond what I am capable of, at least for a few moments"

"....that's the idea anyway. In reality, doing something like this would more than likely kill me, as the power would be more than my body can withstand. which is where you come in"

"I want to test it out, but I'll most likely be near death afterward. so I need ya to make sure I don't die."

"Ha! you're the best healer I know Gabriel! I trust ya with my life." David said confidently.

"Alright....I'm gonna do it"

Using extinction dream, David removed his mental limiter, at the same time, trying to draw as much power as he could from his body.

immediately, an overwhelming, burning pain spread to every inch of his body. every cell practically screaming in agony as the power shot through him like a wildfire. It was one of the worst experiences David had ever felt. immediately, he doubled over, blood spilling from his mouth. but as he bent over...his back broke. his entire form collapsing onto the ground. as he started to spasm uncontrollably, blood seeping from every pore in his body as he seized on the ground. his other limbs were breaking. his arms, his legs, his fingers, his ribs, all shattering as he squirmed on the ground.

His entire body had taken on a strange, red hue. his eyes were bloodshot, his pupils shrank. He looked more like a demon than a man.

"****" David thought to himself, his mind half delirious from all the pain. he had stopped moving completely now, and his organs were slowly starting to shut down, he had about 10 seconds before he would shut down completely. Quickly, he removed the extinction dream effect, shutting off the power that he had poured into his body. immediately afterward, he fell unconscious. laying in a puddle of his own blood on the ground.

Gabriel snapped her fingers as soon as David had hit the ground, light surrounding him, healing him fully. "Jeez... How reckless can one human being be...?" Gabriel thought to herself as she used her telekinesis to prop David up onto a chair.

Back