• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Yeah. ill admit it. I'm super ******* jealous" David said bluntly.

"jealous that there are people who don't need to fight to the death every day in order to survive and protect their loved ones. Jealous that they can live like normal while we sit in a ******* apocalypse!" David said.

David was getting riled up, but slowly calmed himself down.

"******* hell....I just....I just wish I could live with my wife. like a normal husband. without having to worry about a world-ending disaster occurring every five seconds. Without having to worry about people dying by the trillions because I was too weak to protect them."
"I kind of just don't want people to die in general... Whether it's because of disease, or murder, or whatever. That's sort of where my idea of paradise came from." Rory said, sighing. "Yeah, I'm also pretty ******* jealous," Rory said bluntly.

"As am I" Lance said simply, drinking his tea. in truth, his jealousy surpassed even King Tigers, but Lance was capable of handling his emotions in a more refined manner.

"I'm grateful for the things I have in the dream world. I'm grateful for you Metatron, for the money Kiara and Rory has granted me, for the ability to quit my mercenary job"

"...but I can't help but wonder sometimes....how much better my life would have been...if the calamity never occurred..."

David glanced at Rory.

"did ya....have a rough life before the calamity hit, Rory?" David asked. he realized he didn't really know much about what Rory was like, before the calamity.
"I guess," Rory said, shrugging.

"I lived really far away from most urban towns or cities... So I never had any social interaction. I don't remember having any siblings to keep me company, so I just swung my sword until I passed out from exhaustion." She said.

"Like most generic origin stories, my dad was a filthy drunk, sexually abusive, and my mom well... Let's just say she wasn't mentally "sound."" Rory sighed.

"No need to apologize, it's not like you did it." Rory said, "I think that's sorta why I don't like men. They sorta seem... gross sometimes." Rory said, expressing her trauma. "But again, it isn't like you did it. I cope pretty well." And she was right, Rory didn't seem averse to telling David about this at all.

"What about you? What was your life like?" She asked him.

David sighed.

"my...my life was pretty average all things considered. my mom and dad tried to be good parents...but neither of them was around very often. We didn't have much, so both of them had to work multiple jobs just to keep us afloat." David said.

"So...I mostly only had a few comic books and a small TV to keep me company. Pro Wrestling was pretty much the only channel we had aside from the news, so I ended up watching that a lot" David said, chuckling softly.

David looked down at the table for a bit, as if thinking..

"My parents were good people. I respect them for what they tried to provide me, even with the meager amount of money we had. they were hardworking, honest folk"

"but then...the calamity struck."

"and...they both got killed by a group of raiders...." David said, his expression becoming more somber.

"I have no right to complain to ya about my lot in life, considering how you grew up. but...." David said, looking down.

"I miss them sometimes."

David sighed.

"my...my life was pretty average all things considered. my mom and dad tried to be good parents...but neither of them was around very often. We didn't have much, so both of them had to work multiple jobs just to keep us afloat." David said.

"So...I mostly only had a few comic books and a small TV to keep me company. Pro Wrestling was pretty much the only channel we had aside from the news, so I ended up watching that a lot" David said, chuckling softly.

David looked down at the table for a bit, as if thinking..

"My parents were good people. I respect them for what they tried to provide me, even with the meager amount of money we had. they were hardworking, honest folk"

"but then...the calamity struck."

"and...they both got killed by a group of raiders...." David said, his expression becoming more somber.

"I have no right to complain to ya about my lot in life, considering how you grew up. but...." David said, looking down.

"I miss them sometimes."
"Dude, complain all you want." Rory said, "Parental love... I don't feel it. Even if my parents were good people, they died instantly in the blast. I wandered endlessly in fear... Without purpose. I was beaten, abused, and had many things stolen from me. But I honestly don't think any of that can compare to what you felt..." Rory said.

"So, complain all you want."

"Your not the one I came here to talk to anyway Rory, but do expect to fall asleep tonight...!" Merlin said, teleporting off
"OK."
David turned to Rory.

"well uh....thanks for the talk, Rory," David said awkwardly.

"It felt...nice to tell someone...about my past, ya know. and....I'm always here to listen if you ever want to talk to me about anything" David said.
"Well... You haven't been the most sympathetic with me ever since you learned about the whole Apoptosis deal, so let's just say that you owe me an emotional talk." Rory said, chuckling.

(And here we go..)

ll... You haven't been the most sympathetic with me ever since you learned about the whole Apoptosis deal, so let's just say that you owe me an emotional talk." Rory said, chuckling.
“…your right”

“you’ve been a good friend Rory. And I’ll do my damn best to be a good friend in return.” David said, a grin on his face.

"Any time you need an emotional talk, I'm here for ya."

David thought for a moment, remembering what Lance said earlier.

"Now that we know Belial is out of Dradeon planet, he's probably off in the dream world somewhere. If ya want, I can help ya look for him, make sure he's alright" David said.

"Unless ya rather let him come back on his own"
Rory shook her head, "Nah... Belial... He isn't a child. Like, literally. He is very, very old. I love him more than you can imagine, but I know that he can take care of himself. Me smothering him will only make him uncomfortable." Rory said, "Besides, aren't you like, here to help the superhero wannabes? I assume as I have no idea why they are here."

"For starters, I'm gonna need to meet the rest of the group..."
"Sure thing." David shrugged.

"you've already met my wife and Towa, so their shouldn't be any problem with them"

He pointed at Rory.

"That's Rory who you've already seen. You can try questioning her if you want, but I can guarantee you she isn't behind the Ice Soldier problem."

"I guess the next person you'd want to meet is...Kiara."

"Does anyone know if she's still in the house?" David asked

"you've already met my wife and Towa, so their shouldn't be any problem with them"

He pointed at Rory.

"That's Rory who you've already seen. You can try questioning her if you want, but I can guarantee you she isn't behind the Ice Soldier problem."

Something in Zonolo flared up hearing that name...

"I'm sorry... who?" Zonolo asked David, "The only one I know acted like trash toward me. I didn't do any better on my part, but I was grieving at the time, my head wasn't straight...."

He pointed at Rory.

"Hm? Oh, Kiara! I told that girl to stop training and come home..." Rory said, slightly annoyed.

"Heyo!"

Rory turned around to Kiara, who walked into the room, various 3rd-degree burn marks covering her body. "Sorry for being late, honey. I got... distracted...?" Rory sighed, "I'll say it once and I'll say it again, tone it down." Rory said, giving Kiara a kiss on the cheek.

"Who're these guys?" She asked.

"Dunno, babe," Rory said.

"Hm? Oh, Kiara! I told that girl to stop training and come home..." Rory said, slightly annoyed.

"Heyo!"

Rory turned around to Kiara, who walked into the room, various 3rd-degree burn marks covering her body. "Sorry for being late, honey. I got... distracted...?" Rory sighed, "I'll say it once and I'll say it again, tone it down." Rory said, giving Kiara a kiss on the cheek.

"Who're these guys?" She asked.

"Dunno, babe," Rory said.
"Oh... you're Kiara..." Zonolo said, "OK..."

"Something wrong?" Yamato asked, "Do we need to fight or something now? Please say yes..."

"You insulted me, and my family... the family I'm trying to get back to..." Zonolo said, "And only added fuel to the fire by continuing to run that mouth of yours..."

Zonolo turned around, walking away.

"I'm done here, send us back to Muspelheim..." He said.

"Really? No fighting?" Yamato asked, disappointed.

Mira turned toward Towa, giving a polite bow.

"It was a pleasure, Towa..." He said to her.

"A pleasure?" Towa repeated.

"You insulted me, and my family... the family I'm trying to get back to..." Zonolo said, "And only added fuel to the fire by continuing to run that mouth of yours..."

Zonolo turned around, walking away.

"I'm done here, send us back to Muspelheim..." He said.

"Really? No fighting?" Yamato asked, disappointed.

Mira turned toward Towa, giving a polite bow.

"It was a pleasure, Towa..." He said to her.

"A pleasure?" Towa repeated.
"Did I!?" Kiara said surprised, "Damn... I don't remember that at all. ****..." Kiara said, "Dude, wait a minute. I'm really sorry about that, but I don't remember insulting anybody... Are you sure you aren't mistaking me for somebody else?" She asked.

"Did I!?" Kiara said surprised, "Damn... I don't remember that at all. ****..." Kiara said, "Dude, wait a minute. I'm really sorry about that, but I don't remember insulting anybody... Are you sure you aren't mistaking me for somebody else?" She asked.
"Nope. It was you..." Zonolo said, still clearly heated about it, figuratively and literally.

"Zonolo, calm yourself..." Boros said to him.

"Since when do you give me the orders?"

"Since you started throwing a child's tantrum over something that happened years ago..."

Zonolo looked away and exhaled fire through his nostrils. He clearly did not want to be here anymore.

Lance glanced at the Oprichniki, recognizing the uniform from when Ivan the Terrible had threatened him earlier. He shivered slightly, remembering the intense cold Ivan had emitted.

"glad it's only one of his minions and not the Tsar himself..." Lance thought.

meanwhile, David was looking at Kiara and Zonolo, hoping a fight wouldn't break out between them.

"maybe this was a bad idea..." David thought.

"Nope. It was you..." Zonolo said, still clearly heated about it, figuratively and literally.

"Zonolo, calm yourself..." Boros said to him.

"Since when do you give me the orders?"

"Since you started throwing a child's tantrum over something that happened years ago..."

Zonolo looked away and exhaled fire through his nostrils. He clearly did not want to be here anymore.
"Well, look... I may not remember anything about that, but I'll hope you'll accept my apology." Kiara said, genuine confusion and sympathy in her voice. "Why not stay around for a while? I'd feel like shit if I just let you leave without somehow making it up to you... But if you want to leave, go ahead."

"Well, look... I may not remember anything about that, but I'll hope you'll accept my apology." Kiara said, genuine confusion and sympathy in her voice. "Why not stay around for a while? I'd feel like shit if I just let you leave without somehow making it up to you... But if you want to leave, go ahead."
".....Fine..." Zonolo said, "If you want to make it up to me, help me figure out what happened with the ice soldiers back at Dragon's Nest."

Back