• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Competition...? No No...!" Kiara said, standing up proudly.

"I- I wanna save people! I know that I'm not the strongest or the smartest, and not everybody likes me..." Kiara said, her voice a little dim.

"B-But I just wanna save people! C-Cause I... I think heroes are really cool!"

"I- Uh..." Kiara scratched her head, contemplating Lance's question. "Not... really...?" Strength... Why did she strive for it so desperately?

"Whatever! Let's just figure out this trial business, alright? I think that's a lot more important."

The voice from before once again rang throughout the area.

"Can you truly prevent a tragedy?"

Kiara felt another chill run down her spine as she looked up, noticing trillions of lights twinkling in the dark sky. "Oh shit-"

"Your resolve will be tested today."

Those lights culminated as enormous arrows that shot down towards them, each the length of a skyscraper.

"Where'd the girl you didn't like go?" Yamato asked.

"I dunno... But I'm not gonna wait here forever for her..." Zonolo said, "We're going back to Dragon's Nest, with or without her. We'll come back and tell her 'no hard feelings, but you flaked on us'. I want to get to the bottom of those ice soldiers ASAP..."

"Are you sure you don't want to wait for her?" Mira asked.

"Look, I appreciate that she recognizes that she was wrong for what she did, and I appreciate her trying to help, but the sooner we check this out, the sooner we'll be able to get an idea of who or what we're dealing with, what it wants, yadda-yadda-yadda..." Zonolo said, "So, I say we leave for Dragon's Nest again..."

"Very well," Boros said, "To Dragon's Nest, then..."

Mira opened a portal to the location, in similar fashion to what Masayoshi or Towa would do. There, they arrived at Dragon's Nest. In the past. Time was stopped, giving them plenty of opportunity to investigate. Looking at the location, they fanned out and observed a plethora of different areas.

"Hey! Over here!" Yamato called to the others, noticing where ice was beginning to form into the soldiers, "I found them..."

"Nice!" Zonolo said, "Now, let's see what we're dealing with..."

Mira observed the ice, analyzing it and getting a read on it.

"This is real ice, or at least, something synthetically similar to ice," Mira said, "Given that other inhabitants haven't heard of such a phenomenon, and the fact that the material is in fact tangible and physical in nature, I don't believe this is an illusion..."

"So it's something being constructed... but by who? Or what?" Zonolo said, "We should fan out and keep looking..."

"That won't be necessary..." An unfamiliar voice spoke. The lot of them all arrived to face the source of this voice, and it was a woman dressed in white, with blue hair.

"I was wondering how long it'd take you to find me..." She said, "But, now that you're all here, I suppose I can see how long you all can entertain me before I decide to get serious and grind you all under my heel like the insignificant ants you are..."

"That was a mouthful..." Zonolo said, "Why'd you make the ice soldiers? To test us to see if we were strong enough for this sick game of yours?"

Glacies, the woman in white, merely laughed in response.

"Are you seriously talking like I owe you answers?!" She laughed, "But I'll humor you... IF you four insects can entertain me... Go on! Give me a reason not to stomp your pathetic lives into paste!"

680514.jpg

The voice from before once again rang throughout the area.

"Can you truly prevent a tragedy?"

Kiara felt another chill run down her spine as she looked up, noticing trillions of lights twinkling in the dark sky. "Oh shit-"

"Your resolve will be tested today."

Those lights culminated as enormous arrows that shot down towards them, each the length of a skyscraper.
“By Jove!” Lance shouted in alarm.

"Metatron, can you create enough portals to reflect all these arrows?" Lance said, panic in his voice. he held out both hand, and attempted to use the angel's attack reflection to deflect the arrows away from himself and Kiara.

“By Jove!” Lance shouted in alarm.

"Metatron, can you create enough portals to reflect all these arrows?" Lance said, panic in his voice. he held out both hand, and attempted to use the angel's attack reflection to deflect the arrows away from himself and Kiara.
"That depends on your capacity, mortal. I cannot continue to assist you forever!" Metatron said.

Kiara created an enormous forcefield that covered both her and Lance in hopes to protect them from the onslaught of enormous arrows, "Hopefully this will hold! If your gonna do something Lance, do it quickly cause those arrows are moving fast!" She yelled out.

Lance nodded.

"I understand."

Stretching out both of his arms. Lance poured every single ounce of energy he had into the gloves. He wasn't going to die here, not like this. He had so much he wanted to accomplish. So much to show the world, so much to atone for.

the gloves reacting to his power started creating a portal in front of their forcefield. It was small at first, nowhere near large enough to even deflect a single arrow, yet he kept pouring into it. his heart, his soul, his ambitions, he would use it all to fuel this technique. the portal began to steadily expand, growing larger and larger as he poured more and more into it.

eventually, it was complete, the portal standing wide enough to cover them from the barrage of arrows. It wasn't nearly as good as Metatron original, but it would still suffice in deflecting the arrows that landed directly on top of them.

Kiara turned to Lance as the large portal deflected a large portion of the arrows, "Wow...!" She thought to herself, still maintaining the barrier in case Lance's redirection had somehow failed.

"So cool..." All of his ambitions and dreams being poured into the technique made Kiara's heart skip a beat in amazement as if she was a child watching a magic show. "Do... Do I have that kind of resolve...?" She thought to herself, admiring Lance's technique.

"You show such grand resolution. Only one of you though..."

The voice said as the amount of arrows continued to decrease as Lance redirected them.

"Probably not! But I'll have to try anyway!" Kiara said, pressing her hands together. "Alright... Alright...!" Kiara thought, psyching herself up. "If I don't do this, we're both gonna die. My baby is going to die." Kiara's eye's lit up, fire surrounding her body as the forcefield's strength increased by many times, more of the spears crashing into it at insane speeds.

"****- These things are stronger than I thought they would be-," Kiara said, pain racking her entire body. "Damnit...!!" She yelled out, her eyes going bloodshot as the barrier slowly cracked. "Lance, it's time to double down! Hold out for a few more seconds!!!"

(Welp, time for me to enter the Dream World. Seeya.)

As soon as Lance's portal had dispersed, Kiara covered her fist in fire, charging up a huge attack. "Alright, let's see if this works!!" She yelled out, surprisingly dispersing her own barrier as she jumped into the air, releasing a giant explosion to obliterate the remaining spears, the sheer power she used causing her arm to burn up.

"Yay..." She said before falling to the ground.

"....Do not worry about me....Mrs. Kiara. Focus...on your own injuries." Lance said,

Lance attempted to stand up, which he achieved with great effort. grabbing his cane to balance himself as he stood.
"Nonsense!" Kiara said as she went over to help prop Lance up, "We can walk together. Let's go!" She said enthusiastically, her practically infinite positivity not waning in the slightest.

"Getting assisted by a pregnant woman... How pathetic, mortal." Metatron said.

"But seriously..." Metatron spoke to Lance in his own mind, making it so that Kiara could not hear the conversation. "You are a human, not a God. Pushing yourself a second time will without a doubt end your life. Perhaps I was to strict..." Metatron said.

"Do not underestimate me Metatron" Lance thought back.

"I may be weak compared to you, but I do not intend on dying here, nor I intend on letting Kiara die either"

"...you were right when you said can't assist me forever. In order to achieve my ambitions, I need to push myself. accomplish feats with my own effort. it may be dangerous, but it's something I must do."

Metatron sighed. It was hard to tell whether or not he felt genuine concern for Lance, or if he just wanted to preserve his own life. "Fine... But don't come crying to me when you break yourself, mortal." Metatron said.

Kiara helped pull Lance forward, groaning in pain. "Come on... Come on...!" She thought, motivating herself.

"A trial of resolve has been passed, and what awaits you is a trial of character."

"I wish I knew..." Kiara said, breathing heavily. "Uh, will this trial involve physical activity like the last one!? I'm kind of pregnant!" Kiara asked the voice.

"Thou who is to give life must first overcome it." Said the voice.

"I didn't ask for a riddle..."

Kiara and Lance were suddenly separated by some unknown force, with a large wall being erected between them. "****!" Kiara attempted to break it, only to realize she couldn't even scratch it.

"To prevent a tragedy, one must know who to save, and who not to save."

Metatron sneered, "I can't break this wall... I think I'm beginning to realize what this place is, and why Kiara was drawn here." Metatron thought.

"Understood, thank you Metatron," Lance said. He leaned against the wall, waiting for the mysterious being to ask his questions.
"Answer my question, Phantom Magician. There is no right or wrong answer." The voice said.

"You are presented with the option to rid the world of all evils. The price you must pay is the lives of your friends and yourself. What is more important? Peace? Or love?"

Lance thought about this for a moment.

"Love"

"Evil is in the fundamental nature of all humans. There are no truly sinless people. everyone holds their demons. especially myself. To remove evil would be to remove one of the things that make humans...human." Lance said.

"But that's not why I chose the answer."

"I'm afraid that my life is precious to me. not only because I would prefer to keep living, but also because there is a person whose life is dependent on mine. They may be...unpleasant sometimes, but they have shown me nearly unparalleled generosity in granting me their gifts. under no circumstance would I betray them by making such a choice".

Back