• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Outdated, no refs or scans.

Yes, they might have to be deleted. It is too bad though. I really liked the Music Meister episode. 🙏

Same user again but this time it's a tier 0 profile

Bumb

This page doesn't qualify for the Marvel issue amount for pages since the character only has 4 appearances (Unless appearances in guidebooks now count?)

This page doesn't qualify for the Marvel issue amount for pages since the character only has 4 appearances (Unless appearances in guidebooks now count?)
He seems to qualify to stay:

What do the rest of you think about this? Is somebody willing to improve on those pages? 🙏

I've just found out we have a profile for the alternative version of Doctor Octopus from the Reign continuity. He only appears in two issues, has very little material at his disposal to list infos about him and overall doesn't match our Marvel policies for amount of appearances and relevancy for alternate versions of the characters.
Doesn't Reign only have 4 issues? Spidey's profile should be deleted too. (Although, with proper care, it can come back since Reign 2 is releasing now)

I guess Reign Spidey can at least pull the card of protagonism and be spared in virtue of that.
Anyway, I'll erase Doc Oc tomorrow.

While the Rex is a pretty cool character who came from one of the first horror games ever made, I don't think a profile for it is necessary. Practically all of its abilities and stats currently come from the real world T-Rex profile. First, there's no reason why the Rex should scale to its real life counterpart other than sharing the same name. It lacks the feats to justify it (it doesn't even look as big) and nothing about it resembles an actual T-Rex other than its similar yet twisted appearance. Not to mention, the game was made in 1982 with outdated information on the creature. Second, the profile is such a carbon copy of the real T-Rex profile you can just use the actual animal in a versus match instead of the monster and nothing would change.

While the Rex is a pretty cool character who came from one of the first horror games ever made, I don't think a profile for it is necessary.
I think it being the first survival horror game monster is enough "prestige" (for lack of a better term) for it to get a profile, but the page itself is a little on the lazy side, yeah.

They could've easily made a calc for this thing running and getting a KE out of it since it's way faster than a regular rex. The profile can stay if such a calc is made, I think.

I think it being the first survival horror game monster is enough "prestige" (for lack of a better term) for it to get a profile, but the page itself is a little on the lazy side, yeah.

They could've easily made a calc for this thing running and getting a KE out of it since it's way faster than a regular rex. The profile can stay if such a calc is made, I think.
If making tweaks to the profile means it can stay then that would be great honestly.

I made the Rex profile, so I'll give my thoughts

For one, it's from the first survival horror game ever, and there are multiple articles and video essays about it and how it shaped the genre. There are even fan-remakes and stuff for it, so it has a sizeable following and should be noteworthy enough.

While I admit it's a bit lazy to use "Should be identical to real a T Rex" for most of the justifications, that's true for the character. It's a t-rex, it should have similar stats to one. Not to fall into what-about-ism, but I actually made sure this was allowed by looking at other t. rex profiles on the site, which also used this method for some of the stats. This isn't just a thing for T Rexes(?) though, I thought it was fairly standard to scale fictional animals to their irl counterparts in the absence of other feats.

I don't really know how to do a KE calc, especially given the limited graphics of the game, but I could take a whack at it if nobody will.

First, there's no reason why the Rex should scale to its real life counterpart other than sharing the same name.
It's a T Rex. It's not a guy named T Rex, it's just an actual T Rex. For all intent and purposes, they should be comparable.
nothing about it resembles an actual T-Rex other than its similar yet twisted appearance.
Technical limitations. The game calls it a T-Rex multiple times. The cover art also depicts it as such

Second, the profile is such a carbon copy of the real T-Rex profile you can just use the actual animal in a versus match instead of the monster and nothing would change.
I agree they're very similar, but this one has a name and IS from a certain game, rather than just the generic T Rex

So basically, I do agree it's a bit lazy. It only took 10 minutes to make and I was motivated to make it in part because of how simple it was. I do think it should stay, and I want to somewhat justify my laziness by saying that the character should indeed scale to a real T Rex due to being (or at least, tries to be) identical to one.

Last edited:
Uhm, DarkCarioca making calcs for it would be optimal, if I got his message correctly.
Otherwise, there are some accuracy troubles with scaling modern data animals to old depictions.
For example, we have a profile for a King Kong originating from a comic book made in the 60s (iirc) and it scales to T-Rexes but the idea they had of them at the time.

Uhm, DarkCarioca making calcs for it would be optimal, if I got his message correctly.
No prob
Otherwise, there are some accuracy troubles with scaling modern data animals to old depictions.
For example, we have a profile for a King Kong originating from a comic book made in the 60s (iirc) and it scales to T-Rexes but the idea they had of them at the time.
This makes a lot of sense actually, didn't think about that. I guess modern revelations wouldn't retroactively apply to an 80s depiction of a T-rex.

I think it should still be fine even when disregarding IRL scaling stuff, especially with a calc.

I do apologize for being a bit lazy with it. I was in a profile-making-mood and thought it'd be easy to do in only a few minutes.

what’s the requirement for a verse to be deleted? i’ve noticed a couple of problems with nasuverse while wiki skimming.

ill just list the important stuff.

servant profiles seem to use parameter/rank based scaling, which nasu has admitted that they shouldn’t be seriously used for power, and he has a seperate parameter for a servants lore strength.

nasu WOG is invalid ( for some reason?) problem is, pretty much every non-fate profile uses wog in its scaling, whether it’s the old nasu statement scaling DAAs to servants, or something else.
according to this rule. each one of these profiles would have to be remade from scratch scaling wise.

also, i was told both off and on site that the verse isn’t very active, and has lack of staff and member support

what’s the requirement for a verse to be deleted? i’ve noticed a couple of problems with nasuverse while wiki skimming.

ill just list the important stuff.

servant profiles seem to use parameter/rank based scaling, which nasu has admitted that they shouldn’t be seriously used for power, and he has a seperate parameter for a servants lore strength.

nasu WOG is invalid ( for some reason?) problem is, pretty much every non-fate profile uses wog in its scaling, whether it’s the old nasu statement scaling DAAs to servants, or something else.
according to this rule. each one of these profiles would have to be remade from scratch scaling wise.

also, i was told both off and on site that the verse isn’t very active, and has lack of staff and member support
TBH it really just takes a lot of work to fix shit up

Like, say, for QSH, he does pretty much nothing as a Servant, so he's scaling to Jeanne.

Or hell Mash's mere existence is a giant wrench in the whole parameter scaling...

I'd categorize servants at least from FGO into 3 categories
  1. The Lore character you get as a servant(For instance, QSH or Oberon), These servants justify profiles for what they do when they're 'alive', but they very rarely do anything but talk when they're a Servant.
  2. The Singularity/Lostbelt Participants; Servants like Musashi, or Mash, or either version of Orion. These servants actually do tangible shit in the story, and thus can have easy profiles made for them.(Or in Mash's case, had a profile made in the ancient times and nobody has updated it)
  3. Exists. These are Servants who you can use and they talk, but they have no feats of doing anything
So yes it will eventually devolve into "Scales to this other arbitrary servant in their class" for 1 and 3

servant profiles seem to use parameter/rank based scaling
I thinked @Violatas talked about making a crt to remove parameter scaling, but I'm not sure if it was ever made.
nasu WOG is invalid ( for some reason?)
yeah, a lot of stuff he says in interviews and stuff has always been really contradictory and weird.
problem is, pretty much every non-fate profile uses wog in its scaling
yeah, actual revisions are being made for that, to go through and fix the profiles.
it definitely has a large lack of staff support, but there are still members that are working on the verse. they just don't post often. I know @CRIMPSUMPSKI2 and @Mageman460 are working on some pretty large revisions, it's just taking a while because there's just so much that needs to be fixed.

I thinked @Violatas talked about making a crt to remove parameter scaling, but I'm not sure if it was ever made.
ah, I see
yeah, a lot of stuff he says in interviews and stuff has always been really contradictory and weird.
not really? not to the extent that you’re thinking of. i actually debunked some of the statements said to be contradictory in my replies to hyperzero, and nasu not writing the works/needed heavy editing? lol?

i don’t think nasu should be exempt from the usual “case by case”,especially since many of the statements brought up on that thread are cherry picked or are missing context (it took me 30 seconds to rebunk the Aoko statement, for example.)

in TM like most Japanese media franchises, the author has the aversion to cover all lore details in the story itself, so WOG and material stuff is needed to understand the verse
yeah, actual revisions are being made for that, to go through and fix the profiles.

it definitely has a large lack of staff support, but there are still members that are working on the verse. they just don't post often. I know @CRIMPSUMPSKI2 and @Mageman460 are working on some pretty large revisions, it's just taking a while because there's just so much that needs to be fixed.
if that’s the case,then a verse deletion is jumping the gun, but at absolute bare minimum,the non fate profiles will need to be handled heavily, as the scaling on them is now invalid to my knowledge.

not really? not to the extent that you’re thinking of.
you can get the full details here of what I mean here
if that’s the case,then a verse deletion is jumping the gun, but at absolute bare minimum,the non fate profiles will need to be handled heavily, as the scaling on them is now invalid to my knowledge.
they will be. everything is gonna be revised sooner or later.

I think Valkyrie Crusade should be deleted. nearly all the profiles have no scans and no justifications, as well as a bunch of unknown stats

I actually saw Sonny getting mentioned on a staff thread and that reminded me...
This profile is old and awful and it will take me awhile to get around to fixing it

B u m b

These profile still haven't been deleted.

You said you were planning on revising them, are you sure you want them deleted? Wouldn't it be better to leave them around for that future revision? It might save you some trouble and extra editing.
My revisions come a bit later, and would first establish the heroes. So these can be deleted, for now.

So seems fairly solid of a profile right?

Well, a glance at three of her sections will give away that it's veiled opportunities for circular scaling, namely AP, Speed, and Stamina.

Juno would need feats to be scaling to Mercy and Lúcio, feats that she just flat-out doesn't have, and in Speed and Stamina it's just "Should be comparable to other heroes", which is a massive nono when nobody is scaling to anybody without direct reason.

Hugely disagree and do not approve of the unprofessional and condescending way i was approached when told about this (much worded like the reply above) as the creator of the page

While theres no direct feats or scaling for the character (she literally just come out), its by no far stretch to say that with her level of tech and status as an OW character, she would not be comparable to the rest of the cast on the surface level scaling. This is done by many series' on the wiki.

Overwatch has been hugely stagnant on this wiki, and constantly deleting any chance of new pages they should have just because of edits that can be done via a content revision thread, instead of feeling the need to delete it for personal spite.

Back