• The VS Battles wiki celebrates its 10 year anniversary!

Please click here for further information.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is a thread to report profiles and pages, that users come across, that are sorely lacking in justifications, have poor formatting, are almost empty of content, or are otherwise unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

Please report any such profiles to this thread to see if the profiles are liable for deletion, or if they can be revised with help from the staff or regular members.

It should be noted that while regular users can report poorly made profiles, or make a quick note that they are able to help out with fixing a faulty page, only staff members are allowed to discuss whether or not they should be deleted, as othervise this thread would quickly turn unmanageable from the sheer number of responses.

However, if you would like to contribute to the conversation, please leave a message on a staff member's wall.

Notes:

It is highly recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "follow" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Also, before deleting pages, please check if any other pages link to them via the "Main" option in the internal links search page, so the links in question can be removed in conjunction.

Last edited:
Night Watch

High tiered hax with poor explanations (For example, Matter Manipulation), Hypersonic speed for no reason, the AP is a bit questionable and seems to be based around such hax, "At least" with no reason beyond certain hax ignoring durability (Which is obviously a no for this), 6-C durability via a forcefield with no details... overall too questionable to remain.
The Notable Attacks/Techniques section also hints that there's plenty of powers yet to be indexed for the cast, and a lack of any scans whatsoever doesn't help.

Last edited:
Night Watch

High tiered hax with poor explanations (For example, Matter Manipulation), Hypersonic speed for no reason, the AP is too dubious and seems to be based around such hax, "At least" with no reason either... overall too questionable to remain.
The Notable Attacks/Techniques section also hints that there's plenty of powers yet to be indexed for the cast, and a lack of any scans whatsoever doesn't help.
At first, I literally thought that was that one Marvel character who looks like Spawn..

Same reasons as pre-forum move

Same reasons as pre-forum move
You better show the reasons once more for reference purposes, in detail, of course.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
[*]Oryx, The Mad God

From the top:
  • Syntax is generally poor, frequently missing spaces or capitalization. Many powers aren't linked.
  • Powers with insufficient reasoning/explanation: Dura neg, invulnerability, Genius intelligence, Regen neg, dimensional travel, rage power, clairvoyance, illusion creation, immortality, "confuse" isn't a power, most of the resistances
  • AP is bad. City level is the least bad one, but still no justification listed. He has a key listed as stronger for being weaker, and then the last key uses island stuff off shaking islands and unsourced creation.
  • Speed has literally no justifications.
  • Lifting Strength has literally no justifications.
  • Striking Strength bad, due to AP
  • Stamina bad, you can't just use "oh we don't see them get tired therefore they just don't"
  • That notable attacks and techniques section is horrible. Why is it so insanely long, why does it include a bunch of random quotes, why is his attack pattern just totally typed out, why does it look like this is plagiarized from somewhere?

Feel like there's not too much objection to me deleting this. I'll do it tomorrow if nobody else has by today and nobody defends it.

Are we going to ignore that it doesn't even has categories?
Yeah, nuke this ASAP, we've deleted better pages on the spot before.

Abstractions

VS Battles
Content Moderator
I am unopposed to it's deletion, but I have informed DaReaperMan, as they are the creator of the page.

If his rebuttal doesn't satisfy others I can carry out the page removal.

Night Watch

High tiered hax with poor explanations (For example, Matter Manipulation), Hypersonic speed for no reason, the AP is a bit questionable and seems to be based around such hax, "At least" with no reason beyond certain hax ignoring durability (Which is obviously a no for this), 6-C durability via a forcefield with no details... overall too questionable to remain.
Uhhh... thoughts on this verse?

I have no complaints, most of the calcs were old and likely unreliable(like ALL of them) and let's be honest 6-C justification is "earthquake" with an unspecified magnitude, and I could easily see Void Entity causing a crap ton of problems. 0 complaints from me! Granted I have a few other verses I want to work on but one needs a calc to be done so I'm not guessing(City of Heroes), one needs tidying up(Sonny), and one is basically a Copy/Paste session(Warriors), coding isn't my forte but at least none of the above verses have like 5 different tiers and supporters who aren't idiots(me)! Oh wait I'm basically the only guy who knows CoH and Sonny on the wiki oh no... Lol. Aka yeet the 8-Bit catastrophe out the window!

The_Impress

VS Battles
Discussion Moderator

Weird composite profile of extremely varied characters within Zombie Galacti, also an Alternate Universe profile randomly scaling to mainline 616

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Is it at all possible to separate the different characters in this profile into their own separate profiles?

The_Impress

VS Battles
Discussion Moderator
Yeah.

Zombie Spider-Man especially, who acts as a pseudo-protagonist for the entire story.

There may be a problem for statistics but otherwise I don't see any problem as to why these oages can't be separate

It seems to be more of a profile for a Group of Characters, rather than a Composite. Sort of like grouping the X-Men into one profile. At least, that’s what I’m inferring from the versus threads made for it.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I am fine with if somebody deletes that page.

Also, we have very limited actual feats for the Marvel Zombies characters, and cannot just assume that they have the same statistics as their main counterparts.

Why can’t we assume they’re the same, or at the very least comparable? I’m not currently defending the verse, but I’d like to know the reason behind that ruling.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Because we do not allow crossovers scaling (you can look into our page for this in the wiki), and they have nowhere near the feats of their main counterparts. It works much the same way as the Ultimates universe.

The only thing which isn't wrong is having good smell and "affinity with ice".

Otherwise it's a pretty random monster who appear for less than a few pages (can't really be called an antagonist) and him somehow scaring Megumin is entirely wrong (she feared for Kazuma who tried to act cool, and flat out said that she would just straight up one shot it). In the same chapter she one shotted a monster who was stronger than it and was the very reason they encountered the Fenrir.

Extremelt baren and incomplete page. There's a ton of things someone could do to fill out this page, like adding a image or an actual summary for instance

Hell, this is less than 2k bytes

Shin Angyo Onshi
This verse holds questionable indexing overall, but more specifically:
No justifications for anything
8-B+ AP with no calc nor reasoning
9-B+ dura for no reason
Glass cannon status for no reason
This guy scales to this guy, and while the AP seems fine, the speed scaling isn't.
Another glass cannon for no reason, and with no calc for the "+" part
Finally a profile with a calc, but... the image sources on the page are dead (Thus the calc would need to be remade at this point), and is a glass cannon for no reason too.
This guy scales to the above, enought said
Glass cannon for no reason, even the scaling puts it clear
Yet another glass cannon for no reason, featuring an 8-A "feat" based on AoE
Another glass cannon for no reason
Another glass cannon for no reason, "via powerscaling" just makes it more questionable

My verdict? The pages at best need a lot of clean-up and CRTs, but it's a very inactive series, there's almost nothing to save, a lot of miscapitalization for indexing stuff is present, poorly detailed powers (if at all) and so on... yeah, this verse would basically need to be remade from the ground up, so it may be best being deleted for now.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I am also fine with if an administrator or content moderator is willing to delete it.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Discussion Moderator
Following pages need deletion

Drassil : Completely unjustified stats + that size is nowhere close to anything that would grant 9-A
Mako Fujisaki : 6-B based off an extremely vague statement and 7-C durability is unexplained
Kikako : No evidence provided for her AP feat
Neko Kuroha : Completely nonsensical page
Onodera : Nonsensical speed rating (Presumes that blitzing an FTL makes you an FTL+) and also random durability listed at 7-C by scaling off a 6-B with High 8-C SS
Rurumi : Extremely lacking profile, making me feel like it is likely poorly researched.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
@Zark2099

From which verses are those characters?

Anyway, I would appreciate if you ask some administrators to help us out with all relevant deletions.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
All profile and verse pages that link to them also need to be updated.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Discussion Moderator

I'd ask them on Discord right now

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
VS Battles
Administrator
Image Helper
I looked over all the pages and yeah, they're pretty terrible in every regard. No qualms on deleting them here

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. Thank you. Feel free to do so then.

Can you handle the other pages that Bobsican mentioned above as well?

And somebody needs to check if any links to Zark's pages need to be removed.

It seems @Amelia_Lonelyheart had Ushio Okazaki planned for deletion already
Edit: It seems I misunderstood, so I guess it can proceed with deletion now.
Edit 2:
Regarding Ragnarok
This verse holds some questionable things, namely a Low 7-C tiered based on guesswork with no scans, Supersonic+ speed with no calc, and is explicitly a composite, so yeah, it's to be deleted.

This profile could really use a calc, as tier 7 in general isn't a tier where guesswork is fine as the Tiering System states, and holds some formatting issues (Stamina isn't bolded, there's a lack of a link on Standard Equipment, and the Notable Attacks/Techniques sections looks arguably awful), but as there's still one active member, I guess he could fix this if he's willing to, these issues also apply to this profile
@Gemmysaur

In a nutshell on this, Ragnarok holds some issues, and one of the profiles is seemingly clearly deletion worthy, but we should wait for what Gemmysaur may say regarding his support for this series.

Last edited:

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Has anybody deleted the pages that Bobsican and Zark2099 posted earlier yet?

Just checked, all of the ones I asked for deletion are still up.
Only Ragnarok stuff should remain for now so @Gemmysaur has a chance to defend it.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
VS Battles
Administrator
Image Helper
Shin Angyo Onshi
9-B+ dura for no reason
This guy scales to this guy, and while the AP seems fine, the speed scaling isn't.
Finally a profile with a calc, but... the image sources on the page are dead (Thus the calc would need to be remade at this point), and is a glass cannon for no reason too.
Another glass cannon for no reason, "via powerscaling" just makes it more questionable

My verdict? The pages at best need a lot of clean-up and CRTs, but it's a very inactive series, there's almost nothing to save, a lot of miscapitalization for indexing stuff is present, poorly detailed powers (if at all) and so on... yeah, this verse would basically need to be remade from the ground up, so it may be best being deleted for now.
These pages? Sure I can delete them in a bit.

Colonel_Krukov

VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Discussion Moderator
Content Moderator
Image Helper
Fox Mulder's page is heavily bare. Apart from being heavily in need of a CRT, all the stats are Human level and only a single power listed. This page looks like it was made with minimal research.

I've already saved the page as a doc, and when I eventually make it through all 11 seasons and 2 movies, sometime in the future, I will make a CRT with improved quality.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I was asked if the Annoying Orange profile page should remain in the wiki, as it is a YouTube meme, it lacks any real story, and it often uses material from other media.

I think that he has feats (someone brought it up in another thread.) but the stats need a re-work. The character himself should be fine, he is a notable character who I remember even having a TV show once.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
should remain in the wiki, as it is a YouTube meme, it lacks any real story, and it often uses material from other media.
IMO, it should either be deleted in its current state or be edited to only include feats from the show, cartoon, or other media where we can at least define a loose continuity. The page as it is shouldn't stay for sure, though, but let's wait for CRTs to open and give users a chance to fix it.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Well, the only active user who made significant changes to the profile is @BigSmoke4269 . Jinx and Laguna are both inactive, and all the other edits were minor or cleanup.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
We are not blaming you. We just saw that you have edited it, and would like to get some input from you.

Ah. Well, I think he's fine. Characters from external media are always used as one-off jokes, and there are episodes where (original) characters appear and stay, either for a few more episodes or for the rest of the series. Also, shows like Spongebob, Family Guy, and many others on this wiki lack a consistent story. On top of that, Orange has his own show outside of his (and I'm saying this with massive quotations) "meme" series. As long as we don't scale Orange to characters from external media, it should be fine to keep him.

Last edited:
IMO, it should either be deleted in its current state or be edited to only include feats from the show, cartoon, or other media where we can at least define a loose continuity. The page as it is shouldn't stay for sure, though, but let's wait for CRTs to open and give users a chance to fix it.
I made a CRT for him to no avail. It was actually closed because I bumped it upon joining the new forum without knowing that CRTs still weren't allowed.

I like how someone willingly made a profile for The Deep from The Boys.

Yeah, throw a character who’s pretty much just as useless as a rock onto this wiki.

I was browsing around and I found this CRT about hellfire manip being removed as it's too vague and other stuff as stated there. The problem? It got dismissed out of "too many characters already having it" and thus not making it rare, although that's entirely unrelated to the issue. We had type 3 Abstract Existence on a lot of profiles and it got removed anyways, and many trustworthy staff and users alike agreed with it being removed, so I would like to ask for its removal.

The page, BTW, here's also the pages that link to it.

Also, Amelia didn't delete any of the pages I mentioned before for removal.

Last edited:

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
A temporary solution would be to redirect hellfire manipulation to simply fire manipulation, and keep its removal to after that can be dealt with?

Shin Angyo Onshi
9-B+ dura for no reason

This
While this page has justifications around, a lack of scans for such an high tier (At least 2-C) really makes me wonder if this page is really up to standard to remain, especially considering there's no active knowledgeable members to help here.
This
Regarding Ragnarok
This verse holds some questionable things, namely a Low 7-C tiered based on guesswork with no scans, Supersonic+ speed with no calc, and is explicitly a composite, so yeah, it's to be deleted.

This profile could really use a calc, as tier 7 in general isn't a tier where guesswork is fine as the Tiering System states, and holds some formatting issues (Stamina isn't bolded, there's a lack of a link on Standard Equipment, and the Notable Attacks/Techniques sections looks arguably awful), but as there's still one active member, I guess he could fix this if he's willing to, these issues also apply to this profile
@Gemmysaur

In a nutshell on this, Ragnarok holds some issues, and one of the profiles is seemingly clearly deletion worthy, but we should wait for what Gemmysaur may say regarding his support for this series.
And this, @Gemmysaur recently became "Inactive" on the wiki and hasn't said anything regarding this verse of his. Should we still wait? If you ask me at this point he could ask for the source code later on if he's willing to continue on this series. At best the first mentioned page deserves removal, and the other two can be cleaned-up for now if we're being generous.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Yeah just redirect hellfire.

Regarding Hellfire, with editing rights I may be able to clean-up all the pages from it and replace it with Fire Manip tomorrow.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Thank you for the input. I will now redirect the Hellfire Manipulation page.

However, if Bobsican plans to make the edits first tomorrow, giving him editing rights does not seem necessary, as the Fandom staff member that I talked with is supposed to open the wiki for editing from regular members later today.

Abstractions

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Has there been a decided wording on how we mention it on the Fire Manipulation page?

I'm assuming the category will be removed from profiles as well?

Regarding Hellfire, with editing rights I may be able to clean-up all the pages from it and replace it with Fire Manip tomorrow.
From what I can see there are a total of 366 profiles (not including blogs) that link to Hellfire Manipulation, a lot of which are locked. That is a large number of pages to have to rephrase stuff on, so this is something multiple people should be working on fixing.

I will be busy for some time tomorrow but between the other stuff I'm trying to finish up I can make room for removing links if need be.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Has there been a decided wording on how we mention it on the Fire Manipulation page?

I'm assuming the category will be removed from profiles as well?
I do not think that we have decided anything about mentioning it as a specific type in the Fire Manipulation page, or removing the category yet, but these are valid points.

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Mentioning hellfire could make using a bit unneeded, so that special cases with some errors (like links to hellfire manip with different texts like "can summon flames from hell").

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
If a small section for hellfire manipulation is added, editing the profiles will be unneeded.

If a bot simply updates all hellfire manip to fire manip, a lot of profiles will still have double links to fire manipulation. That's not the end of the world of course, but still

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Yes, that is a good point. Adding a section for this is easier.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Here is what the old page said before I turned it into a redirect link:

Hellfire Manipulation is the power to control the unique and intensely powerful flames of hell, fires that are usually superior to regular flames. Often bearing unusual colors, hellfire can cause excruciating pain that surpasses the harm that normal fire causes, and is often capable of harming souls and preventing conventional regeneration.

Should I simply copy-paste it into the Fire Manipulation page?

AKM sama

Awesomely Kind Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
You can paste that text as a bullet point after the main text of the Fire Manipulation page, so that it looks like a special version of fire manipulation. Also, I agree that the link to Hellfire Manipulation could be replaced with a text piece. If nobody else handles it, I can do it later.

This dude due to poor quality page and barely any stats being properly explained
Might be worth going through the verse in general

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
AKM sama:

I have done so.

However, I am not sure if it is a good solution or if we should create a separate section in the the page for special variants of the fire manipulation ability.

Here is what the old page said before I turned it into a redirect link:

Hellfire Manipulation is the power to control the unique and intensely powerful flames of hell, fires that are usually superior to regular flames. Often bearing unusual colors, hellfire can cause excruciating pain that surpasses the harm that normal fire causes, and is often capable of harming souls and preventing conventional regeneration.

Should I simply copy-paste it into the Fire Manipulation page?
This seems unnecessary, it's getting removed in the first place as it's not something that can be generalized beyond being Fire Manipulation, although it can work as a temporary solution, but in the long run it's to be removed once the pages that link to hellfire manip are edited accordingly.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Well, it can recurrently affect souls, so it isn't identical to regular fire.

As the thread says and it's agreed on, not all of them do, and so it can't be generalized beyond being fire manip, hence why it's being removed out of being redundant and overall not needed for indexing purposes.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I think that AKM's solution works better for the moment. The question is in what way we should properly index the ability in the Fire Manipulation page in terms of page layout structure.

I don't think it has to in the first place, once the removal on the pages to link to it are done, it would just be covered by Fire Manipulation and any particular effect it has shown on the respective series/case, if any (For example, Soul Manipulation).

And I can't proceed with the editing as the pages seem to still be locked for regular users.