• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen II: Gen II Starter Mega Evolution When!?

"It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however." From Primeape's pokedex in Pokemon Sun...

Drite77 said:
"It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however." From Primeape's pokedex in Pokemon Sun...
We can add that to his weaknesses.

Starter Pack said:
Gastly wins because Koffing is feeding gas to Gastly and Explosion doesn't kill ghosts no more.
But Gastly is literally made of gas, isnt it? Koffing could... Drink him, right?

I played a lot of randbats, cause I couldn't be bothered to make my own teams, especially since I never kept up with the meta

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Anyone here play showdown?
I play it instead of the actual games.

I can´t play Gen 7 online as I have to keep it not updated so a mod that upgrades the graphics (removing the lines) work.

My favorite metas are PU, Monotype, BH and probably Godly Gift.

Anyone wants to play together Showdown? My name there is also Bobsican

Alright so.....after done many research i gotta say the hate for Delphox....is really stupid.

Many peoples and even Poketubers are hating her for whatever reason which is really stupid, and worst of all hate her just because she is BIPEDAL! Really make no sense, yeah then you can say Sceptile, Charizard, Empoleon, and the other starters pokemon who walk with two legs are worst. There is more other reason why their point of hate her is stupid but this is the most glaring one. She's weak sure, but who is more weak than her? Meganium, he's really weak and might be the most weakest starter pokemons, yet no one hating him, while Delphox get hate due of her weak kit, and bipedal? and designed for furry? sucka......this is ridiculous, this double standards really make me sicks.

Alright rant off.

Anyone wants to play Camomons (Aka, basically OU, but the first two moves of your Pokémon determine the type it will have) with me in Showdown? My username there is "Bobsican".

They're complaining because every fire starter has been bipedal. Also Meganium was hated. But there's a couple things Meganium had going for it. One, it wasn't that bad in the second generation, being borderline. Two...

MURRRSTAKE!

Mr. Stake

And what's wrong with that? Its not like Pokemons should be a quadredpal forever, and beside fire starter pokemon always be bipedal is because fire is really common to cool badass and majestic like so bipedal is the right case.

Meganium is hated, but not too much just like Delphox.

Bobsican said:
Anyone wants to play together Showdown? My name there is also Bobsican
My user name there is GyroNauts, though you should probably message me here/on discord if you have it if you wanna play cause I don't go on showdown much

Alright looks like we need to discuss Delphox....since i discovering a shocking things.

First is the creators of pokemons even admit Delphox is....shit? DAFUQ

Second is Serena (who the best female comrades after Misty, Haruka and Hikari) refuse to evolving Braixen to Delphox because Delphox is ugly!? 2X DAFUQ

This....this is too ridiculous, i'm done.

I mean i'm not sure this is true since this claims is comes from youtube section, but that creators admitting Delphox is shit is comes from the videos created by maybe a good pokemon youtubers.

Once again, if they lack the evidence and official sources on this, don't take it as fact. A high ranking Poketuber can still easily spread misinformation, intentionally or unintentionally.

On the topic of hated starters, why is Primarina the most hated Gen 7 starter? Decidueye is amazing, of course, and Incineroar is a very well-designed Pokemon, though it's probably my least favorite starter from this set. So what's wrong with Primarina? The same thing can be said for Popplio as well, and that still makes no sense.

Maybe its because its just a Siren minus the human parts, Decidueye is a Ghost Archer Owl which is pretty unique, and Incineroar is a Wrestler Tiger which outside of Japan, which loves the Tiger Mask resemblance, is also a unique and interesting concept, Primarina's concept isn't really that unique and interesting as the others. At least that's what it is with me, with Decidueye which I find to be the most unique with the whole Robin Hood and Ghost=Sniper thing to be the most interesting.

Starter Pack said:
On the topic of hated starters, why is Primarina the most hated Gen 7 starter? Decidueye is amazing, of course, and Incineroar is a very well-designed Pokemon, though it's probably my least favorite starter from this set. So what's wrong with Primarina? The same thing can be said for Popplio as well, and that still makes no sense.
Let´s just say that the shiny colors are lame.

Once again i thinking Incineroar is hated more than Primarina like i didn't discovering any hate comment, b****ing, etc about Primarina while Incineroar get hate.

How is Primarina not unique. It's a Siren/Performer Seal...We haven't had a siren yet and is just as orginal as the other two. But, you also can't use what some people in the Pokemon community say as counting as the majority. The Pokemon Community is loud when it comes to being negative, hence why generally I dislike it. If you like a Pokemon, you like a pokemon. If someone dislikes it, so be it. Unless their reasons come from faulty arguments, there is no issue with it. Like say, I know a dude who hates Gen V and didn't like Haxorus because he thought he was a clone of Tyranitar....i kid you not....and this isn't even his worst argument.

Its always a toss up with who gets the most hate between Incineroar and Primarina, whenever best Gen VII starter is brought up its sometimes Primarina who more hated while sometimes its Incineroar, with Decidueye normally getting the hate from Incineroar fans because of some rivalry which I'm pretty sure stems from the Anime, as well as the fact that normally it a tossup between them whose more popular between Incineroar and Deicudeye

It may not be that it's hated. It's just less popular than the other two. The fact that Decidueye made it to Pokken and Incineroar made it into Smash doesn't help.

I mean, all 3 starters have pretty large fanbases tbh. People just like to shit on other Pokemon and spread negativity. Pokemon Community 101 honestly.

Drite77 said:
Unless you like trubbish, then your opinion doesn't count
I actually like Trubbish and Garbodor, in fact, I really think a Poison-Steel Mega Garbodor with Levitate would be nice, so I can actually use it in OU or something (As for those who didn´t knew, Garbodor is NU, a tier entirely based on speed, which he lacks, and turning Garbodor from a suicide lead to a reliable tank with such unique typing would bring a new concept to the competitive meta)

Starters post gen 4 get hurted a lot but nothing is more hurt than Delphox, really all of her hate is depressing.

Gen 5 if your name is not Serperior then you get hated

Gen 6 if your name is not Greninja then you get hated

Gen 7 if your name is not Decidueye then you get hated

A lot of hate for Incineroar kinda left once people saw his in game animations. Incineroar is one of those Pokemon who look better in action than in a still image thanks to how expressive he is. I mean, he can be argued to be the most expressive starter in general.

Considering we're talking about Starters I'd thought I'd give my opinio on all the gen.

Gen 1: All good, with maybe Venusaur being slightly uninteresting. Gen II: Very plain and uninteresting designs all-around with nothing that stands out. Gen III: Fire and Grass look great, Marchtomp is slightly plain. Gen IV: All of them look great, but Empleon is worse with the nothing really being done compared to Sun Wukong and World Turtle. Gen V: All of them are bland and uninteresting. Gen VI: Greninja best, other two suck because slightly ugly and uninteresting, we all heard it millions of time before. Gen VII: Ghost Owl Robin Hood best, Tiger Wrestler second, Siren not that interesting. Gen VIII: No one cares about anyone but the final evolution after their released so why bother now.

Nah Incineroar was still hated well after the game was released it mostly died down now because of no more Smash arguing, no more arguing who will be Ash's ace, and no more arguing Gen VII starters in general now that Gen VIII is around the corner.

Back