• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the wiki treats admirals (Akainu, Kizaru and Aokiji) as severals tiers below the Yonko, but this is really correct? I will try to clarify why it is not. I know it is a subject that has occurred many times in the past and can be tiring for some people. But I'll ask for patience from everyone who wants to participate.

Admirals vs Whitebeard (Marineford)

First of all, we must note that in Marineford, each of the admirals faced and deal with Whitebeard on and off-screen.

Akainu is by far the one who has most feats to scale to Newgate.

Now analyzing Whitebeard's attacks. We must note that the only time whose WB directly wounded an admiral was against Akainu, precisely the main villain of the arc.

^But here the admirals used CoO to reshape their bodies, it is not a direct proof that they have 6-B durability. So let's see Akainu, the single Admiral that WB was able to hit.

For me all here is very clear and straightforward. Akainu withstood two fully blows of WB whitout loses his consciousness and was on a perfect state minutes after the second with deal also internal damage, that is his durability is 6-B and others admirals scale to him.

Akainu and Kizaru were able to deal with Whitebeard's attacks. Both of them easily stopped his blows with The Murakumogiri and Akainu even clashed equally with a punch + quake powers.

Admirals and Emperors vs Yonko Commanders

One of the main reasons for Admirals being demoted are their battles with Yonko Commanders. Let's analyze some and see if these contradictions really happen only on one side.

Kizaru vs Marco

Aokiji vs Jozu.

• This is interesting and in fact the only event that can be used as a counterpoint. Jozu hurt Aokiji, yes but we have more things to note. First of all, Aokiji was focused on fighting Whitebeard, who was the main threat at the time. Then he is hitted by Jozu when he was distracted and Jozu left his mouth with a small bleed. I would like to go more deeper into this topic but we should note that:
    • Aokiji was completely paralyzed by WB's Murakumogiri while Jozu came to him with great speed, consequently generating greater impact and explosive power.
    • Aokiji was hit first on the head (Since only his mouth was bleeding) and still Jozu leads only a minor damage, it was just a single short bleed when Jozu had the perfect opportunity to attack dealing all damage that he could do, and that was his maximum.
    • I know, they still fought off-screen but we can't really talk about that since when the screen back to them, none of them was showing signs of fight and Aokiji just took advantage of Jozu's quick carelessness.
Aokiji vs Marco

• Again, an off-guard Aokiji. Marco also threw him away and similar to Jozu he came at him with higher speed so it was easy to push him. We have no sign that Marco has dealt damage to Aokiji's body, and we have no reason to believe that as himself clains being unable to harm an Admiral.
The interesting point here is the only time that an Admiral was injured by a Yonko Commander he was off-guard, even being a minor damage. People had used this to justify a wrong scaling chain in the past (Like when High-Tiers were ranked at Low 6-B) but what people don't notice is that the same thing happened with the Yonko.

^This does not mean that YC characters are comparable to 6-B characters. They were only able to damage them momentarily due to a number of favorable factors on their side (Jozu have Whitebeard capturing Aokiji's attention and paralyzing his movement. Queen have Luffy capturing Big Mom's attention and taking her to his planned location).

Statements and Conclusions

I believe then that I have made clear the message, now I will show some statements to strengthen the idea that Admirals are equivalent to Yonkous and vice versa.

Overall Conclusion: I believe that from what has been presented here, it is sufficient for Admirals scale directly to Yonko's tier. They are at very similar level and both groups are treated in the same way to be overcome if someone wants to climb to the top.

• This should made the admirals (Including Garp and Sengoku) listed at High 7-A back to 6-B via scaling to Whitebeard, Silvers Rayleigh, themselves and others statements.
  • No commander-level character scales to either of these two groups, as shown several times in the work, they are still far below those levels. And their feats by hurting such characters are situational, and can be even total inconsistencies.

I think Admirals etc should scale to the Yonko, but I also think Yonko commanders should scale to the Admirals somewhat as Aokiji comments that Jozu shouldn't get distracted when he took him out, ultimately they have feats of scaling to each other.

At this point I think what would be best is to go with Damage's suggestion and to treat 6-B as an outlier similar to Roshi's moon-busting.

I agree. Seeing how Queen deal damage to Big Mom and was two-shot by her casually this scene is a total inconsistency, same for Jozu dealing a very minor damage to an Aokiji off-guard and being one-shoted by him one chapter later.

@Eminiteable

But no one should be distracted in a fight, Jozu showing it just proves that he wasn't fighting with due attention and Aokiji took advantage of the moment. It is not as if they were both fighting equally and Aokiji just won for it. From the state that they were both in this scene, it was quite capable of being the only and first blow that Aokiji land on him (and was still enough to defeat him instantly).

And if you believe that Jozu should scale to a admiral you should believe that Queen should scale to a Yonko, which makes no sense.

The point is that, there are more factors for admirals scale to Yonkous than to YC scale to admirals, Jozu making a scratch on an Aokiji unaware and immobilized with his possible most powerful attack is not enough for such ideology. Since Akainu was so superior to WB's Commanders that they all had to come together to try to stop him and yet he managed to reach Jinbe

Considering the forum move is so close, and there is already an ongoing revision thread for several of the top tier characters, I think that this should be closed for the time being.

Damage is right, nothing concrete will be done before 14 April, but in anycase i wish to still give my opinion about the matter.

I do agree that Admirals should partially scale to Yonko, and the same with Top Yonko Commanders to the Admirals, while i do not think that the 6-B has to be considered an outlier.

At most the Admirals shoud only get a "possibly 6-B/Country level", while Top YCs should only get a "possibly far higher".

KingOFG said:
@Eminiteable

But no one should be distracted in a fight, Jozu showing it just proves that he wasn't fighting with due attention and Aokiji took advantage of the moment. It is not as if they were both fighting equally and Aokiji just won for it. From the state that they were both in this scene, it was quite capable of being the only and first blow that Aokiji land on him (and was still enough to defeat him instantly).

And if you believe that Jozu should scale to a admiral you should believe that Queen should scale to a Yonko, which makes no sense.
I don't believe they should scale fully, but they can clearly harm them and fight against both Yonko and admirals somewhat, and that's completely impossible if it's 6-B.

Every single one of your points has been brought up, discussed, and rejected in previous threads. I appreciate the extent of text you provided but please do more research on the forum itself before setting up these threads.

@Calaca @Damage @Ant we agreed that if people kept bringing up MF feats to scale Admirals we would make a discussion rule. This has happened multiple times now. When are you guys going to shut this down with a rule?

Fix, my arguments are totally different from the ones you presented. If Damage and others want to close it until the others threads involving scaling be done, then ok, I will understand.

Anyway, for the record, I think that the admirals should be scaled somewhere in-between Whitebeard and Pica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back