• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #9

Moria's durability should be equal to his attack which is shown to be able to harm a Oars Jr. - That means Robin, who was able to almost kill Moria and Luffy has shown able to hurt him as well would scale

I guess Sanji should be 'At least 7-A'. As for Sanji harming Luffy, well Luffy wasn't really putting up the greatest defense in the world against Whole Cake Sanji.

Zoro's page should be updated yeah, with Asura and Shishi Sonson. Honestly Zoro's Asura should be High 7-A tbh for being tripled Zoro's base strength.

> Moria's durability should be equal to his own shadow

Why?

Why shouldn't he, that is how the Kage Kage no Mi works. Moria's Doppelman shouldn't be stronger or weaker than Moria himself.

The shadow cut off by Moria has been stated to possess the original personality and battle abilities, it should also be the same for Moria, the master of shadows himself.

We also seen how a weak body with Sanji's shadow could be like if they can't handle the stress of Sanji's movements and strength and thus can't bring out the full potential Sanji's shadow.

I'm not seeing any connection there between Moria's durability being tied to his Shadow Lizard attack that pierced Oars.

I don't think we need to make any adjustments to Moria's profile other than to say he is Low 7-B with certain attacks.

And this is assuming that the Ursa Shock that Kuma used against Oars was just as strong as the one he used on Thriller Bark.

I have no calc for it but cannon wise it might make sense if the one he used against Oars Jr is stronger.

I look at it this way. He didnt actually want to kill the strawhats and held back, presumably because luffy is dragons son and whatever other reasons.

He was a mindless robot with the order to kill at marineford he didnt give a single **** about killing oars jr or not

Its possible the one that hit oars jr is stronger but someone should do a calc

I don't think there are any feats supporting Moria's physical AP to be equal to his Devil Fruit's AP. Just because he can manipulate his shadow into a spear to blast a huge hole through Oars' body doesn't mean he can punch Oars can cause the same amount of damage.

Moria's other feats generally are a lot weaker than this too. Trying to make Moria's durability from this Low 7-B is not the right way to do it.

Ohh I thought this was about shadow Moria. If this is about an attack jsut using his shadow then no I wouldn't agree.

Though if shadow Moria has some good AP feats it should scale physically to Moria for the same reason as the other shadows.

But if this is about a specific attack using his shadow to make a weapon then non I don't agree with it

Damage3245 said:
Just because he can manipulate his shadow into a spear to blast a huge hole through Oars' body doesn't mean he can punch Oars can cause the same amount of damage.
What? I don't understand what you mean about the whole punching Oars Jr. and such. Isn't what you're describing is basically every weapon users in fiction?

Damage3245 said:
I don't think there are any feats supporting Moria's physical AP to be equal to his Devil Fruit's AP. Just because he can manipulate his shadow into a spear to blast a huge hole through Oars' body doesn't mean he can punch Oars can cause the same amount of damage.

Moria's other feats generally are a lot weaker than this too. Trying to make Moria's durability from this Low 7-B is not the right way to do it.
Always wondered this. Wouldnt that be a distinction between Striking Strength and AP? Moriahs main method of attack is shadow you would think his Attack potency would be based arpund this.

His striking strength should scale to said physical ability right?

@RexofLM; Striking Strength and AP are not always linked. Just like AP and Durability are not always linked.

@Kobster; not quite. What I meant is that some abilities aren't directly tied to the user's physical strength / durability.

Damage3245 said:
@RexofLM; Striking Strength and AP are not always linked. Just like AP and Durability are not always linked.

@Kobster; not quite. What I meant is that some abilities aren't directly tied to the user's physical strength / durability.
Idk if I mispoke but thats what i was asking.

His shadow attacks hurt low 7b oars and you said his devil fruit AP shouldnt scale to his normal AP. Fair assessment except his fighting style revolves around his DF the only time he did physical strikes was in shadow asgard. So wouldnt his AP scale since his attack potency is based around the devil fruit? And if you wanted to asses his physical AP could you not use Striking Strength??

As for his durability im not neccesarily saying it should scale im just asking for clarification

Shadows mimics the owner's strength and fighting style. If Doppelman can hurt Junior, so could Moriah himself. Him not doing it it's not proof for the opposite, just support of Moriah's character being lazy and relying on others.

I was also doubting about the Ursus Shock's AP, but Rex gave a fair point about Kuma's mindset in both ocassions it was used.

He wasn't just using Doppelman, he was shaping his shadows into a different form for a distinct attack.

I...I don't understand what you mean. I mean, DF users like Ace has shown to be able to shape his flames into spears, Enel can shape his electricity into animal-like creatures, are you saying that since these are example of distinct attacks, it should be higher than their normal AP?

Kobster, would you say that Ace punches are equal in AP to his Flame Emperor technique?

What? His Entei literally needs him to ignite the surroundings to form such a big fireball, no. It's clearly above most of his techniques that don't require preparation.

Plus, Logias can't be measured in the same way. Paramecias have a wide array of abilities, and most of them don't increase AP like that. Just because he's turning his shadow into a gecko it doesn't mean it should be some kind of "ultimate technique". It's his shadow, impersonating a gecko and that's it.

The Flame Emperor is that big fireball final technique Ace used during his duel with Blackbeard right? This is almost like asking me if Goku's punches scales to his Kamehameha.

I say probably no atm since it is supposed to be above his other techniques.

@RexofLM; AP is the characters overall Attack Potency.

Striking Strength is the characters physical Attack Potency.

Just because character A can shoot a mountain-busting energy beam from their hands doesn't necessarily mean that both their AP and their Striking Strength are Mountain level.

If character B however is a pure hand-to-hand fighter and he punches with enough force to destroy a mountain, then he would have both Mountain level AP and Striking Strength.

So could we do moriahs AP low 7B or possibly low 7B (whichever is more appropriate) and make his striking strength something else since you feel it doesnt scale. Is that reasonable?

RexofLM said:
Any news on the luffy feats?
Done on Gear 3 and 4. Most of the way done through his base and Gear 2 feats. Mostly just got to write it up and then finish the conclusions.

Done on Gear 3 and 4. Most of the way done through his base and Gear 2 feats. Mostly just got to write it up and then finish the conclusions.

I may be hype for nothing, do you think the stuff youve found is going to garner disappointment or??

I don't think the results will be super exciting or disappointing, but it will lead to a lot of clarification and make writing some profiles a lot easier.

If it goes well, I might do the same thing for the other Straw Hats, and other characters too.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think the results will be super exciting or disappointing, but it will lead to a lot of clarification and make writing some profiles a lot easier.

If it goes well, I might do the same thing for the other Straw Hats, and other characters too.
Im extremly interested in this in particular ive been watching the fourm for the update

Damage3245 said:
Please no. This waiting is killing me, especially if it does not amount to anything.

We need to have a detailed (Ie bring up feats not votes) discussion about scaling soon because a lot of profiles don't make sense anymore.

@Dr. Fix.; I've collected all of the feats for Gear 2 Luffy. Just finishing up his base feats now. Once that's done, revisions relating to Luffy can be discussed in detail.

Okay, I want to talk about good o' Blueno. While not a master at the level of Jabra, Blueno has shown capable of attacking whilst using Tekkai Via Tekkai Ri and Tekkai. Fukurou also demonstrates being able to attack with Tekkai despite the technique limitations by a technique of the likes of Soru "Tekkai Dama", so, I was thinking that we could add a 'higher with Tekkai' to CP9 agents AP and Striking Strength

Also, for Fujitora's feat of lifting the rubbles of Dressrosa, it is still possible to use the 6-C rating instead. One of the calc group member don't mind either result.

RexofLM said:
Still in limbo huh?
Apologies. Been a lot busier this week than I thought I'd be. I'll posting the results tonight after I finish work.

What happened with Whitebeard's Country level feat?

@Antvasima; we haven't got around to debating it yet. Right now I'm formatting a post analysing Luffy's Post-Timeskip feats in order to improve his profile.

Back