• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #9

Ivankov, with a single kick, could knock back Kuma away with great force despite the latter's cybernetic reinforced durability as a Pacifista without any strain on his leg whereas Sanji, who has fearsome kicking power ended up damaging his own leg when he attacked Kuma back at Thriller Bark. So, I think Ivankov scales to it.

Indeed, only Ivankov should scale.

There might be an argument for Oars Junior scaling for tanking an Ursus Shock, but the output doesn't seem similar so I don't think so.

Since the blast is omnidirectional Kuma should not scale to the full amount.

If you can find out what Kuma's surface area is, and how far away he was from the blast when it detonated, you can roughly figure out how much of it he tanked.

PlumCrayfish376 said:
But Kuma created the Ursa Blast under his own power, thus he should scale to his own attack
Pretty sure that's not how that works. Compressing air via DF powers =/= Durability.

Since it is a minor calc update, I've just updated my version of it and put the new result in the OP.

Kuma should scale fully to his own attack because he has to have the strength to compress the Ursa Shock and maintain it, otherwise, he would have lost control of the Ursa Blast, it would then prematurely detonated and explode and cause the massive shockwave.

I still think Oars Jr.'s durability should scale, in my opinion, since he was right dead center of Ursa Shock blast.

PlumCrayfish376 said:
Kuma should scale fully to his own attack because he has to have the strength to compress the Ursa Shock and maintain it, otherwise, he would have lost control of the Ursa Blast, it would then prematurely detonated and explode and cause the massive shockwave.
I still think Oars Jr.'s durability should scale, in my opinion, since he was right dead center of Ursa Shock blast.
There is no indication his strength & durability is equal to the explosion given of by the compressed air. He compresses air through his DF power. Unless you think his ability to deflect attacks is also limited by his own strength? Also compressing the air over time likely wouldn't be as powerful as it all being released at once anyway.

The anime makes it somewhat confusing (as usual), but I'm pretty certain the ability is implied to have no limit with its deflection ability. Take it whatever way you'd like, but Kuma should probably have a note under his durability when it comes to the palm of his hand. It can probably deflect attacks from literally anyone (assuming they are not using Haki to negate his powers).

> The anime makes it somewhat confusing (as usual), but I'm pretty certain the ability is implied to have no limit with its deflection ability.

Agreed. I always took it to be quite similar to Accelerator's ability but focused on his hands (and presumably feet).

Also, questionable if Haki can even bypass his fruit.

Not quite NLF towards everything; but rather the things he deflects with his hands isn't applicable to his ordinary durability.

He could likely deflect a punch from Whitebeard if he got his hand in the way; but he couldn't tank a punch to the face.

I agree his strikes and durability don't measure up to his DF power, but I disagree with making his DF AP inifinite.

And I actually beleive it is one of the stronger DF abilities in the series.

I didn't mean to imply that his DF AP was infinite.

That's a strawman.

Well, he seems to be able to reflect almost anything so as long as the used way to harm him is a projectile he might be able to do it no matter what. Of course, a limit must exist, and if someone says that Kuma can reflect Krillin's kick (a video of this exists I'll laugh on his face.

High 3-A Kuma confirmed.

But real talk, if the nature of the DF is deflection/reflection, it should be able to repel any attack (physically speaking. Punches, kicks, elemental attacks), but if we came under the assumption that he engaged someone like Law, he'd have no support in repelling Spatial attacks, so that's where I'd draw the line. Even Boa Hancock's ability might be argued to counter him, since it would probably repel her kick, but if it lands, it should probably still petrify the area (Slave Arrow is a coin flip. IDK how that's work out)

Regardless, the power only extends from his palms. No where else. It's not like he'd be invincible, even if he were fighting a power-type.

The blast is omnidirectional (meaning not all of the energy is going exclusively towards them) and the characters are varying distances away from it (meaning the amount of energy each person is hit by varies).

There is a difference between lying on top of a grenade, and being 10 meters from a grenade when it goes off.

But all characters were caught in the epicenter of the Ursa Shock where the energy of the blast would be at their strongest, they weren't outside said epicenter where the energy would already be distributed.

Being close to it would mean they'd by hit by a huge chunk of the energy but not all of it.

Say for example you're standing in a corridor about 5 meters away from a bomb.

The force of the bomb can only go in two directions so it goes like this:

<---- <---- Explosion ----> You ---->

Just because you were close does not mean you tanked the entire energy output of the bomb; at least half of it went in the complete opposite direction to you.

I'm unsure if Zoro, Sanji and the rest of the Straw Hats should fully scale to Kuma's Ursa Blast.

On one hand, Damage is correct about them taking only a part of the explosion, they did took a big chuck of the blast (if not half or more than half), but they didn't take all of it.

On the other hand, it must be remember that the Straw Hats were injured and exhausted by their previous fight with Oars and Moria, which make the feat even more impressive. It could be assumed that if they were at their peak, they could have took the entire blast.

Then what do you say about Oars Jr. We do not know the exact position of where Oars Jr. and the Ursa Shock was when the explosion occur but from looking at the image, Oars Jr. was literally hugging the explosion as he was in the very center of the explosion. The anime supports this very much but anime is non-canon so bleh

I mean, even if Junior took half of the blast, that'd make him High 7-C+ in durability at best, while that attack left him in a preddy bad state, and it would be taken as one of the maximum displays of durability he has.

Oars jr. took the full blast, it went straight into him in the anime and that can surely be used if the manga is unclear. Even in the manga we can see that Kuma and little Oars are very close to each other and the ursus shock would be aimed directly at him as he's the target

Yeah, I don't think anyone was disputing Oars Jr scaling.

@Calaca - the anime is the only depiction showing him basically fainting from the attack (or coming close, at least). The manga shows him injured and stunned momentarily, yes, but it wasn't until they shot him in the face with canons and Doflamingo sliced his leg off that he was shown greatly fatigued (Honestly, the only Shichibukai he should've been aiming for was Moriah. The rest are too OP for him).

Yeah, I might have been misremembering because of the anime too much AMVs.

If the blast went into him and he still managed to stay conscious then yeah, he should be Low 7-B un Durability at least.

Low 7-B seems fine. I'd even argue it was low tbh; considering how powerful Jinbe, Duffy, and even Law are.

The issue here is that Moriah and by extension Thriller Bark Luffy (and a few other characters like Sandersonia, Marigold, Smoker, Sentomaru, OG Oars, and Hancock) would be upgraded to Low 7-B, seeing as how we can not simply ignore the fact that Moriah used an ability to completely pierce through Oars Jr.

Something that has been on my mind for a while regarding Pre-TS and who gets to scale. . . . Why is it that the WB commanders automatically get substantially higher ratings then they have shown because of "equalization", but other characters from before the timeskip are stuck with lower ratings despite having similar if not better feats?

Example: Croc has his desert calc, but then he gets scaling to much higher in MF. Why does he get a seperate key instead of simply an adjustment like is practice whenever a character gets a higher rating? Of course by extention this goes to Luffy as well.

Moriah never used that ability against any of the Straw Hats.

Thriller Bark Luffy wouldn't scale to Low 7-B.

To say his other shadow attacks had to be that strong is like comparing Kuma's Ursa Shock to his Air Pad Cannons just because they're based on the same ability.

@Fix - We were debating making Crocodile Unknown again (someone made him 7-A for some reason anyways without most people's knowledge), and the tiers are only part of the issue.

Just like with Magellan, Crocodile is shown struggling against High 7-C characters, but suddenly matches 7-A and higher. But then again, Luffy didn't hurt Crocodile with his kick to the arm.

Honestly, if it would make anyone feel better, making keys for pre time-skip characters doesn't seem out of the question (Pretty certain the only one outright affected would be Tsuru and Rosinante)

@Cin: Yea, I think you missed my point. You argued "shonen plot holes" before because of the inconsistency. I'm asking why is there that inconsistentcy to begin with? More clearly, why is Crocodile not just amped to tier 7and the old calc removed like is done with other characters.

EDIT: I won't be able to respond for a while. Just saw an opprotuity to bring this up for some hopefully good discusion about oddities in the current OP scaling.

Sanji Post-Timeskip has 7-A for his Whole Cake Island Key, but shouldn't he actually be At least 7-A? The reasoning for his current rating is that he 'should be stronger than before' and also because of the damage he did to Oven. What about him injuring Luffy and knocking out (even if temporarily)? Additionally, what about him and Luffy together matching Big Mom's Raitei to protect Reiju?

And shouldn't Zoro Post-Timeskip's Keys be At least 7-A, higher due to having techniques like Asura, Nigori-Zake, and Shi Shishi Sonson that increases his attack power? I know he hasn't done the first two yet after the timeskip, but so far all of Zoro's new moves have just been upgrades of his Pre-Timeskip moves, so he most likely has stronger versions of Asura and Nigori-Zake as well. Or at least just Asura.

Back