• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #9

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Quite a few calcs have been remade in the light of certain errors being discovered in previous calcs, this means that a lot of the current scaling chains for Post-Timeskip characters are obsolete and require a thorough examination. Here is a rough list of all the calcs to take into consideration.

Here is the previous thread.

Current Topics

• Improve Luffy's profile and explore avenues for scaling that may have been overlooked.
  • Discussing the scaling for the Whole Cake Island characters, and Yonkou Commanders in general.
  • Create Queen's and King's profiles.

@Damage I have King and Queen's profiles gathered in my first sandbox. Queen's almost done, and unless the next chapters don't bring any new information about his status, we might create it with what we currently have.

@Fix

1- Did you know that you don't need to be externally injured to get brain damage? Queen could have just moved Linlin's head really hard with the headbutt, doing no damage to her, and still move her brain inside the skull hard enough. So no, she doesn't need to be damaged to get brain damage.

2- "US" was my auto fix (hah)'s fault. It does lots of things I really hate, like "IT" or "ICHIGO" even if I delete those words.

It was a misread in my part, my bad.

But it's funny how you say we avoid the evidence. Really funny.

3- No, but it does show that she isn't using too much power in her attacks. Even enraged she can't put Luffy down when Gear 3rd+Diable Jambe was needed to stop one of her attacks.

4- Remember the hippo guy? He was thrashing Hyou. Unless you want to say that Dobon? is strong enough to pose a threat to Linlin based on the showings.

5- Nor is Linlin doing great things now.

Looking over the events its kind of difficult to tell if Queen really was knocked out. He did transform back to normal and he stayed out the way but theres also a panel where hes shown reacting to luffys admission of esting the O-Shiruko. A couple possibilities

A. He lost conciousness right after and recovered quickly because of Zoans recovery time B. He realized he couldnt do shit and decided to sit his ass down to wait for a better opportunity

On the note of the bracchio Bomber, as I said on the last thread ive heard of people regaining memories from amnesia and losing conciousness because of it. Thats an established scenario in story because of sabo. I believe the shock was enough to jog her memory and then she slept. Oda draws very clear indicators that shes sleeping not Knocked out. However Big Mom does explicitly mention that her head hurts in the translation I've read. Queen mentions it as a stroke of luck and no one gives any indication that he knocked her out or defeated her as bystanders in OP often do.

If I could make a suggestion for Queen id say High 7-A, possibly 6-C its minor but she mentions pain so he at least caused superficial damage imo. And he has no serious wounds despite her hits so i feel like that rating would make the most sense.

The alternative would be downgrade big mom to High 7-A which I feel isnt accurate. Shes shown to be far superior to luffys Boundman and she thinks of the likes of katakuri as a weakling. Also Kaidos capable of 1 shotting High 7-A characters. Even if we say big moms weaker then him It seems extremly unlikely that he could 1 shot her. That being said leaving Big Mom in 6-C makes the most sense

ALternatively to both options maybe big mom deserves a seperate key for when shes not in her proper state of mind?

There's no evidence Queen was knocked out and in the abscence of evidence the logical conclusion is that he wasn't. Moving on . . .

I think Rex makes sense regarding Queen's first rating. It was what I was going for myself when I was trying to make his profile but was uncomfortabel putting "At least High 7-A" without a base to compare to with the recent edits Cin made.

I rather move forward with fixing some other profiles and getting Queen there than going back and fourth with Calaca. :S

Another question I had asked prior. Did we get any results off of either whitebeard or blackbeard tilting the island and the ocean?? Re reading marineford today i found a couple feats that may be worth checking.

Tilting the island and sea Whitbeard destroying both frozen tsunamis to make an escape routs The quske the admirals deflected? Any of the several quakes that were breaking marineford The enraged hit that put Akainu through marineford and left a fissure

Luffy's keys for post time-skip will need to be under discussion (Thinking the divide should not be Whole-cake arc's start, but when Luffy evolves during his fight with Katakuri. Massive jump in power and ability there), but in the end, Queen will either be "High 7-A" or "At least High 7-A" seeing how he very casually smacked Luffy's attack to the side, and he should likely be comparable to other commanders who have fought Luffy or other similarly powerful characters.

So iirc wasnt the key something like

Dresrosa: 7-B in base, 7A in gear second, 7A+ with gear 3rd, High 7A in fourth gear

@Rex - For Luffy, he's currently Low 7-B+, possibly 7-A+ in base, At least 7-A+ in Gear 2nd and 3rd, and High 7-A with Gear 4th as of Dressrosa.

There's a likelihood Gear 3rd will be High 7-A scaling to Fujitora, and thus Gear 3rd will be 6-C (scaling affects Doflamingo, Cracker, Katakuri, and so on).

As for the calculations I mentioned that will likely give 6-C high tiers (around base-line or slightly higher), Doflamingo's Bird-Cage AP and Durability (which I am having trouble with due to the nature of the feat), Fujitora's lifting (which affects Gear 4th through Gear 3rd scaling), Jack possibly withstanding a 6-C slap from Zunisha, and there is one more that I can not currently think of at the moment. I think another is the Knock-up Stream that all the Blackbeard Pirates tanked since they were near the center when it hit, and that feat will be anywhere from 7-A to 6-C depending.

I'd like note that I'm currently preparing proposals for Luffy's ratings but due to a lack of free time recently I've been struggling to gather and analyse scans. I plan on dedicating some time to it tonight and tomorrow.

It appears that the Knock-Up stream has to yield a minimum of 9.6126195 Gigatons of Tnt (Island level) in PE to knock Upper Yard 10km into the sky (disregarding the water itself traveling that distance), and since the BB pirates took it head-on without even being hurt, their durabilities should scale to somewhat less than half of this energy since they were some meters away from the center. So basically <4.80630975 Gigatons for durability to anyone who got hit by it.

They'd still be base-line Island level in durability for the likes of Burgess, which is further support for base-line 6-C Commander-tier characters like Luffy, Sabo, Doflamingo, and all the others around this level.

(Also helps BB's case before he even engages Whitebeard and Ace)

The wiki page for the Knockup Stream tries to suggest "the strength varies with each occurrence" but that is false (There isn't even a source to support this). The location is what changes each time.

Hmm, I think that this is a bit of stretch.

We don't directly see the Blackbeard Pirates themselves being hit by the stream; their ship certainly was and it was destroyed by it, but the impact of that could have been enough to fling them away without being hit directly.

Also, assuming that the entire energy value of the stream is 9.6126195 Gigatons, how does it make sense that the tiny of portion of it that would be hitting them (if they were hit directly) would equal to the full value of that? I know you mentioned that they weren't in the center, they were off to the side so it'd be closer to 4.8 Gigatons but it's still counter-intuitive.

If each member of the BB pirates was hit by 4.8 Gigatons each, then the total value of the Knock-Up Stream ought to be six times that (if we're counter Stronger the horse among them).

@Damage - They were all within the Knock-up stream when it happened, and we would treat it like an explosion (The KU-S is an explosion, the water being sent straight up is just an after-effect, but that is what resulted in 9.6GT since it is powerful enough to shoot Upper-yard up into the sky), they'd each have tanked about half the energy (unless one of them body-blocked for another, which we can't assume). They were each a fair bit away from eachother.

Also, i only accounted for the energy it would take for Upper-Yard being sent into the sky. I did not include the mass of the water. The result would be significantly higher.

@Stefano - I didn't make a blog for it.

10,000m because that's how high Upper-Yard was shot from sea-level. I used a 3.3km radius for Upper-yard (around what's accepted)

I need to reread that part, but the Golden Bell was above Upper Yard because the Giant Jack hit the ground from beneath, so it should count that height as well, probably.

Yeah, Teach did sense Haki in Luffy that instance and claimed his Haki got stronger by the time of Impel Down.

@Standuser - but if he were under intense conditions during combat, it would show, like with Mihawk and (possibly, unsure due to lack of statements) Roc Lucci.

I'd love to know what kind of 6-C material the Going Merry was made out of, seeing as it is practically in the center of the Knock-Up Stream.

But anyway, isn't there a way of actually calcing how much of the 'blast' hit the Blackbeard Pirates rather than assuming each of them tanked half of the Knock-Up Stream each? Maybe compare the surface area of their bodies to the surface area of the stream?

CinCameron20 said:
Luffy's keys for post time-skip will need to be under discussion (Thinking the divide should not be Whole-cake arc's start, but when Luffy evolves during his fight with Katakuri. Massive jump in power and ability there), but in the end, Queen will either be "High 7-A" or "At least High 7-A" seeing how he very casually smacked Luffy's attack to the side, and he should likely be comparable to other commanders who have fought Luffy or other similarly powerful characters.

Scaling to (base) Luffy is good, but stop with this commanders are equal narrative please.

Really hope smoothie has a skirmish with one of the All-Stars so we can settle whether or not commanders are equals, comparable or what ever options are available.

@Damage that 6-C material would probably be Plot armor and lowkey is 2-A lol

Helps that Mont Blanc Cricket and Masira and Shoujou preped the Merry to ride the knockout stream (I know that wouldn't realistically make it more durable but that's the story reason why it could ride safely up to Skypiea.)

Sweets and Disasters easily have the most going for them as far as external commanders go. You're right though, that would be awesome. Someone already posted a matchup on naruto forums.

Dr.Fix said:
Scaling to (base) Luffy is good, but stop with this commanders are equal narrative please.
Not necessarily equal, but logically speaking top commanders should be comparable to each other.

I don't see Katakuri performing worse than Marco if he had to fight an admiral.

Question that im curious about. Ive noticed people have calced potential energy before. Is there anyway to accurately calc that for doflamingos God thread?

Stefano4444 said:
Dr.Fix said:
Not necessarily equal, but logically speaking top commanders should be comparable to each other.
I don't see Katakuri performing worse than Marco if he had to fight an admiral.
Given his abilities, Kat would likley do very well against Kizaru, but not so well against Kuzan. I don't see Marco doign as well against Gear 4 Luffy.

But with those characters we have an idea of scaling from feats in a chain and calcs. I just mean applying equalisation acroos the board without proof, or worse when there is proof to the contrary,.

Couldn't tell ya @Rex, but Duff would scale to 7-A or high 7-A anyway depending on how Isso goes.

Oh i wasnt asking cuz his rank i thought maybe it would help determine how much power luffy had to overcome to land king kong gun

Damage3245 said:
I'd love to know what kind of 6-C material the Going Merry was made out of, seeing as it is practically in the center of the Knock-Up Stream.
It wouldn't even matter trying to explain it. The energy of the stream knocked an entire land mass into the sky, so realistically, the Going Merry would be reduced to rubble the second the explosion happened. I like how the narrative tried to chalk it up to "being at the center is safe while being even a little off will screw you over" when that's a massive joke.

I was wrong about them scaling to half of the value, but it seems we can not relate the explosion to an omni-directional one since it goes straight up, so there'd have to be another method to use.

@Fix - Show me one Commander (who has fought Luffy) that hasn't been able to overpower Base/3rd Gear Luffy, and then managed to keep up with his Gear 4th. And if we're scaling Gear 3rd to Issho, Doffy will be possibly 6-C.

@Cin probably using the surface difference, but first we'd need to know how much volume of water gets launched to the sky. The pillar is pretty big and it goes pretty high as well.

So....technically Base Luffy scales to BM now with haki right?? In durability I mean. It's consistent for her rating even if u say she's not in the right mind cause she knocked Queen out

I'm not sure. Part of me wants to say yes, but I have been so adamant against Queen scaling that me saying Luffy scales would be hipocrit since it's as much vague as with Queen.

I wouldn't really say so. According to Viz Hyogoro wasn't actively defending himself with Haki and he was also knocked back into a wall the same as Luffy who was defending himself with Haki.

Yes, according to Viz, Luffy achieved the next level of Haki and Big Mom couldn't kill Hyogoro with a punch.

So no, Luffy shouldn't scale but he's making progression with Haki at least.

Back