• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece God Tiers 6-B Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitebeard without his devil fruit can smack away hits from Akainu, who's superior to his own devil fruit.

Just because the potential for Akainu's Devil Fruit is higher doesn't mean that the hit that Whitebeard smacked away was superior to all of his quakes.

Initially that was his quake which he "blocked", and we also see on the same scan that his bisento went into his shoulder. Heck, he took the later quake better than he took the bisento.

That's because the bisento is a sharp weapon; the damage is going to be a lot more prominent. It doesn't necessarily mean Whitebeard's physical strength was greater than his quake-bubble there.

Just because the potential for Akainu's Devil Fruit is higher doesn't mean that the hit that Whitebeard smacked away was superior to all of his quakes.
It never says the potential for Akainiu's devil fruit is higher.

It says Akainu's devil fruit is stronger.
That's because the bisento is a sharp weapon; the damage is going to be a lot more prominent. It doesn't necessarily mean Whitebeard's physical strength was greater than his quake-bubble there.
Until we have a site standard that drastically drops the significance of sharp weapons to where going in your shoulder is super insignificant compared to a dura negging earthquake that can't break skin, then WB's strength > his DF which faltered to a BB who was injured from his physicals
Because of that higher offensive power statement?
Yeah

It says Akainu's devil fruit is stronger.

Akainu's Devil Fruit can be stronger overall without every single attack from him being superior to Whitebeard's best feat.

Until we have a site standard that drastically drops the significance of sharp weapons to where going in your shoulder is super insignificant compared to a dura negging earthquake that can't break skin, then WB's strength > his DF which faltered to a BB who was injured from his physicals

It's still not accurate IMO to say that damage done was just damage from WB's strength, when it is WB's strength being focused into a sharp weapon. Distribution of how force is delivered is important to take into account even if we don't have a great way of representing it on the profiles themselves.

That statement refers to the Logia, very surely

It does not make sense, that the Magu magu is more powerful than the Gura Gura, when the latter is the fruit with the ability to destroy the world, while the Magu magu does not have that kind of offensive power.

Akainu's Devil Fruit can be stronger overall without every single attack from him being superior to Whitebeard's best feat.
I'd take a focused dog aimed at a guy who just made 2 Tsunami's over any casual attack. The best you could argue is Akainu holding back on someone like Koby.

He said his devil fruit is stronger. The feat we're scaling to is a casual technique from WB just talking.

This isn't the card we're going to play this time. WB did a casual technique and another devil fruit is stated to be stronger. Akainu scales above it.
It's still not accurate IMO to say that damage done was just damage from WB's strength, when it is WB's strength being focused into a sharp weapon. Distribution of how force is delivered is important to take into account even if we don't have a great way of representing it on the profiles themselves.
Ok.
Then both of our examples are bad.

Mine about sharp weapons and yours about feats that never happen.

That statement refers to the Logia, very surely
His ability to manipulate magma at will boast him the highest attack power of all Devil Fruits.
It does not make sense, that the Magu magu is more powerful than the Gura Gura, when the latter is the fruit with the ability to destroy the world, while the Magu magu does not have that kind of offensive power.
We don't accept that statement for AP.

That you do not accept it for AP, does not mean that in-canon can be used for powerscaling.
Because we don't accept the statement in general. It's one of the prime examples of the hyperbole page.

And that would be destructive power, not offensive power. Pica has more destructive power than Sengoku but Sengoku can hit harder.

You're trying to scale off of a statement we don't accept.
For Oda, Gura Gura>Magu Magu in power.
That's never stated, and Oda's the one who said Magu Magu > Gura Gura.

Oda said Gura Gura's on the level of logias. Never had a statement of strongest devil fruit, only strongest paramecia.

Then he said Akainu has the highest attack power of all devil fruits.

The OP has been answered, I'll put my scaling in another thread.

Do you guys have anything else to say or can I close this thread?

That you do not accept it for AP, does not mean that in-canon can be used for powerscaling.

For Oda, Gura Gura>Magu Magu in power.
What? Magu magu is the most Offensive DF power man.

Btw I'm asking for the Oden's Key because Prime Whitebeard physical likely Stronger than His DF power. Whitebeard noneeven Showed to use His DF power on his Prime while fought Roger but after that he angry and doesn't mean to Attack Roger but he create a several Tsunami wich is 6B. I think Whitebeard without Haki = His DF < Whitebeard witj Haki, we need Higher Rating For Haoshoku imbued things since its not Durability negation.

We don't see it, so no proof that he used it
We don't see Haki almost at all Pre-Timeskip, but we know it was being used.

It'd be more accurate to say that there's no definitive proof he was or was not using it, but contextually he was fighting a Logia user so it makes more sense for him to be using it.

We don't see Haki almost at all Pre-Timeskip, but we know it was being used.
There is nothing insinuating in that scene that he used Haki, unlike his statement where he used it against Aokiji, there's nothing.

It'd be more accurate to say that there's no definitive proof he was or was not using it, but contextually he was fighting a Logia user so it makes more sense for him to be using it.
He was deflecting his long range attack. You don't need Busoshoku for that.

@Damage3245 Burden of proof is on you to prove he used Haki
I'm not saying he definitely used Haki. I said:

You can't look at an invisible thing and say "I don't see it, so it 100% is not there."

If we're going to make a definite statement that "Whitebeard did not use Haki there", then there is a burden of proof for that statement as well.

The more neutral position to take is; Whitebeard may or may not have used Haki. (An ability we know he possesses, has used in the battle already and has no reason not to use it, and we can't see whether he's using it or not.)

We see Whitebeard smack an attack.

We don't see the aura around him or his weapon like Rayleigh had, we don't get a statement like Marco, we don't even get a flashback like Rayleigh did that shows him using Koka, we don't get an implication like Luffy vs Caesar or Tashigi vs Monet.

Nothing states or shows he used Haki. Occam's razor shows he didn't use Haki.

You don't have a single piece of proof that shows that he used Haki.
The more neutral position to take is; Whitebeard may or may not have used Haki. (An ability we know he possesses, has used in the battle already and has no reason not to use it, and we can't see whether he's using it or not.)
You did the exact same thing for the people who hurt Luffy without Haki who were confirmed to possess Haki.

The best position is that he didn't use Haki unless there's further proof.

Okay, I have nothing further to say on the subject other than I disagree for the reasons I've mentioned.

Why is the thread still open? the changes are already applied.

Real quick.

I wanted to implement my own revision for the justifications and scaling.

@StrawHatArslan thank you for implementing the changes, I wanted to implement them using my own scaling and I wanted to add references, so I'll keep this open until then.

If it's declined then idm, but I had a scaling I've wanted to implement for a long time.
I'll just close this and reopen it when the scaling is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back