• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I wonder if Guernica really still alive since he got the photo of Gear 5th to the World Government, or did he die right after. For Kaido's sake, I hope it's revealed he did eventually die because it'll suck that the WSC couldn't permanently kill anyone during the Raid.

I wonder if Guernica really still alive since he got the photo of Gear 5th to the World Government, or did he die right after. For Kaido's sake, I hope it's revealed he did eventually die because it'll suck that the WSC couldn't permanently kill anyone during the Raid.
It's not just the Kaido bonk, he got straight up impaled dead center through the chest. I'd be shocked if he didn't bleed out even if the mega bonk wasn't enough

Someone who worked on this week's episode of One Piece that concludes the Black Maria vs. Robin fight really hyped up on Twitter, saying it was like a movie and that they could watch it over and over. With the anime's flaws I was always worried about them messing the fight up, so I'm glad that won't be an issue.

I just want the anime to expand the Law & Kid vs Big Mom fight, and also expand Drake and Apoo vs each other (Chapter 1030 to 1031) and against CP0.

And also expand Inu vs Jack since that was way too off-screen.

I just want the anime to expand the Law & Kid vs Big Mom fight, and also expand Drake and Apoo vs each other (Chapter 1030 to 1031) and against CP0.

And also expand Inu vs Jack since that was way too off-screen.
I think they will. We'll even get to see Big Mom use multiple Advanced Hao attacks onscreen I bet

And they might let Jack use haki in his fight with Inu since they randomly let Beast Pirates like Batman and Speed and even one of the Orochi Ninjas display Buso.

NGL, when Kaido "killed" Luffy, I considered temporarily dropping it since I thought we'd see a repeat of this arc since I thought Oda had no idea what he wanted to do afterwards.

When Gear 5 was revealed in the following chapter, I quickly apologized to Lord Goda for all my sins.

NGL, when Kaido "killed" Luffy, I considered temporarily dropping it since I thought we'd see a repeat of this arc since I thought Oda had no idea what he wanted to do afterwards.

When Gear 5 was revealed in the following chapter, I quickly apologized to Lord Goda for all my sins.
I'll admit, if we had to repeat the Udon section to get some more training, I would've also been pissed lol.

Who in their right goddamn minds said that load of crap?
A lot of people on Reddit and Twitter said they would, although months later those same people are still following One Piece and still complaining about what happened in Wano lol. I've also seen some say they've lost faith in Oda over Wano.

I still can't believe Oda even killed the MC of his story even temporarily. It kind of makes me wonder if he'll actually kill off a SH for good before the series ends.

Yeah, some "fans" didn't like how goofy Gear 5th was since they wanted a super badass form like other shonen protags, even though Gear 5th is badass in it's own goofy way.
I could see why those "fans" didn't like Gear 5th with the turning WSC into a jump rope and using his stomach as a water slide, but like you said even in that form Luffy's pretty badass. Another reason people didn't like it is due to how Oda had Gear 5th Luffy win with what they say was just another big punch, even though he implied in an SBS he would come up with a different way for Luffy to beat someone like Kaido.

I just can't understand how some people can invest so much time on a series just to drop it over one thing you didn't like...
Maybe I would understand if the person decided to drop the series after the first couple arcs of the story, but dropping the story 1000 chapters/episodes later because of one or even a few things you don't like? That's crazy.

I didn't like a lot of stuff in Wano but I'd never stop reading the story because of stupid moments. Oda isn't perfect, people need to realize that.
Saddest sight I've ever seen though, is this guy on Worstgen named lee33 who is basically just a Naruto fan who will read every One Piece chapter down to the last minute detail, just to nitpick the sh out of it and tries to clown Oda each time.
I don't hate that guy btw I just don't understand his objectives.

Orangutan-Oda.png

.​

Nah, people whose say they was dropped OP because how goofy Gear 5 is aren't the most stupid reason to downplay One Piece. I heard and read their opinion about how monotonous One Piece is because Main Villain in every arc is always beaten by Luffy and no one else. They want Usopp, Nami or Chopper to beat the Main Villain sometimes

I have a question regarding One Piece, and don't take it as disrespect but how in the hell do you guys get over Oda's "terrible artwork"? (imo), every single time I've read One Piece i couldn't get through at most a couple chapters just because of how ugly the artwork is, be it character designs, paneling or just the general art quality (especially now)

Maybe it's because the vast majority of manga I've read have amazing art, and such I've been spoiled, with examples including series like Bleach, Nura - Rise of the Yokai Clan, Pandora Hearts and D.Gray-Man to name a few, but I've also read series with not so great art such as ARAGO, but i was able to see pass this and enjoy the series despite its artistic flaws, i just can't do the same with One Piece.

Is it because you're able to see past the artwork and enjoy the story Oda creates, something i seemingly can't do, or do you actually believe the artwork isn't that bad? i'm genuinely curious about what your guy's opinions are about this topic.

Last edited:
The artwork is part of the charm for me. Like the original One-Punch Man webcomic. Sure, I can think of other series that have more pleasing art styles or greater character designs, but OP - for a series that has been running 25 years - is still good in its own way.

Well, the story is amazing, and the artwork is good enough imo as it is simple enough for me to understand. Despite what many people say about the paneling, I can't remember a time where I had trouble reading a chapter before.

Certainly, there are much better manga than One Piece in terms of designs and artwork and even story, but as long as I like a story and is easy enough to read through and understand, then I keep reading it and there's just something about the series that keep bringing me back.

I have a question regarding One Piece, and don't take it as disrespect but how in the hell do you guys get over Oda's "terrible artwork"? (imo), every single time I've read One Piece i couldn't get through at most a couple chapters just because of how ugly the artwork is, be it character designs, paneling or just the general art quality (especially now)

Maybe it's because the vast majority of manga I've read have amazing art, and such I've been spoiled, with examples including series like Bleach, Nura - Rise of the Yokai Clan, Pandora Hearts and D.Gray-Man to name a few, but I've also read series with not so great art such as ARAGO, but i was able to see pass this and enjoy the series despite its artistic flaws, i just can't do the same with One Piece.

Is it because you're able to see past the artwork and enjoy the story Oda creates, something i seemingly can't do, or do you actually believe the artwork isn't that bad? i'm genuinely curious about what your guy's opinions are about this topic.
This is something Oda himself addressed.
He makes it goofy so people stick around for the story. If you read it and the story is compelling enough to make you ignore the occasional goofiness, then he's doing it right.

Iirc Kubo is the complete opposite since in an interview he said "I just wanted to draw cool things"

I think it's because you don't want to believe that I was right... So you're deceiving yourself to not accept your loss with what I showed and said to you with art

monkey-tree.gif

Just truth

How do I get through Oda's terrible artwork? What?

While there are manga out there with better artwork and designs, it's far from terrible to me. I'm able to get through it because along with enjoying the One Piece story itself, I also enjoy his artwork. But to each their own.

Back