• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Twelve Amazon Lily

That one isn't even an anti-feat. It's the same "piercing" damage topic we have discussed lots of times in the past.

If you want to talk about anti-feats, bring Zoro "dying" from falling hundreds of meters in Thriller Bark arc.

I'm starting to think about creating a blog post about this subject.

@The Calaca; even if we accept it as a common inconsistency in One Piece, it is still an anti-feat either way.

Yes, but it being an inconsistency is the reason why we shouldn't pay attention to them just because Oda doesn't know that it shouldn't happen in the first place.

You could just write that off as being part of the story to demonstrate Usopp's careful planning against Luffy.

LordWhis said:
So what is the general consensus ? Was WB weaker than the other Yonko and Mihawk at Marineford or was he still the strongest man in the world ?
It's really hard to say because his fruit did most of the damage for him. He just needed a ligh haki, but his fruit has the largest destructive power, along with Akainu's who has the largest damage power. Those two basically don't need any kind of Haki or physical abilities to kill most characters almost instantly.

Does anyone think that Smoker will be a friend for Luffy? I can see him and Luffy fighting together like Garp and Roger...

Luffy has hugged Hancock, Sabo and Bon Clay the same way before.

That doesn't mean he loves them romantically. It means he was really happy and likes them as people.

Smoker was Luffy's Garp during the first half of the series. Now the spotlight seems to be above Koby.

I complain not, because I really like Koby, but Smoker was cooler for the spot.

Smoker has not had a single W post time-skip, poor guy. And Koby seems like he is going to surpass him soon, ESPECIALLY if he manages to give Boa Hancock of all people a good fight.

Also, Luffy hugging them like that implies he has love for them, as a brother or friend. He has yet so show any form of romantic affection for anyone in the series. And why would he?

What Cin said he hugged Zoro cause he hadn't seen him for a long time and was excited to see him.

Carrot being the traitor is a possibility, if she feels like blaming the Strawhats for Pedro dying, but that doesn't make sense due to what happened at Zou w/ the Beast Pirates and the SHs ultimately saving them.

Law is simply impossible. He owes Luffy a lot and had a personal vendetta with Doflamingo, and has no real reason to turn on Luffy.

Whoever it was has to have known about Raizo ending up in Zou because the would have had to give them a vivre card to arrive there. Inuarashi and Nekomamushi are out of the suspect list to me as well. It has to be one of the Sheathes. Kanjuro maybe, but i find it hard to believe. Kinemon is out of the question because it would not make sense for him to protect Momo all this time just to turn on him.

Joy Boy made a video thinking it was one of the Minks--the giant sheep one, and while I can believe it, it would be incredibly underwhelming since he's nothing beyond a background character.

After this new chapter, I dont see Kanjuro being a traitor (though I never thought so in the 1st place). His reactions seemed pretty emotional for someone who is betraying the group.

RoronoaxRobin said:
@CinCameron Marco OPT recently made a video that gave some pretty solid reasons as to why Kanjuro might turn out to be the traitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzD1TQjcLQ
Yeah Marco's really been pushing Kanjuro as the traitor.

@Cin: I just can't see Carrot as the traitor. The way see went after Katakuri after Pedro died..... I just can't see it happen. I know Carrot may be some sort of mink supremacist but that is SO contrary to what Pedro stood for ! If it does happen I really won't like it. It'll be a twist for a twist's sake and that's rarely a good thing.

I really won't like it if it some random mink is the traitor or if Batman heard everything.

I've heard people say that Hiyori might trust Kyoshiro thinking he's a good guy and told him, that, Kanjuro, Shinobu and Law seem the most likely options to me (Law maybe slightly less than the other 3). Though knowing Oda it'll probably someone we aren't even considering.

These are my predicted match-ups uptil now-

Luffy vs Big Mom

Zoro vs Kaido

Marco vs King

Boa Hancock vs Queen

Jinbei vs Jack (I don't think either of the dukes will fight him because if they were comparable in Base they'd beat him quite easily in Sulong mode)

Cavendish vs Smoothie

Carrot vs Perospero (after beating him she gets a billion beri bounty)

Inuarashi vs Kyoshiro (I think he is Denjiro but has gone evil)

Nekomamushi vs Weevil

Ashura and Momo vs Orochi but they lose so Hiyori picks up Ame-no-habikiri and beats him

Kawamatsu vs Page One

Law vs Hawkins

Sanji vs Apoo

The rest of the straw hats vs the numbers

The traitor definitely has to be Kanjuro (I was thinking Shinobu, but she has helped the SHs and co. in every situation she could have let them be captured or killed). The only ones who knew about Raizou being at Zou were Kin'emon and Kanjuro (Momo too, but he's exempt from suspicion).

Kin'emon is fighting with his life to get Momo during Punk Hazard events, meanwhile, Kanjuro is in prison at Dressrosa, yet he's able to roam around freely, was not shackled in sea-stone (Doflamingo's not an idiot), and was unharmed. Shortly after, Jack attacks Zou. Doflamingo likely gave him intel via Kanjuro.

He's also NEVER seen during most of Wano except when being given important info.

FullMetalLamps said:
After this new chapter, I dont see Kanjuro being a traitor (though I never thought so in the 1st place). His reactions seemed pretty emotional for someone who is betraying the group.
That doesn't mean much for me. Don't forget about Pudding being a great actress as well.

If Kanjuro is the traitor, imagine as soon as the truth comes out he starts creating sinister, badass drawings instead of his usual quirky ones.

And as far as Zoro soloing Kaido goes, as big of a Zoro fan as I am, even I don't see that happening. But I do at least see Zoro doing some damage to him with Enma.

Zoro soloing Kaido would be lame, Luffy and Kidd are foreshadowing getting revenge on him, so all the Supernovas vs Kaido makes the most sense, I mean that way Luffy, Zoro, Kidd and the others work together to take him out, but Luffy should be the one to finish him off, but for sure, by the end of Wano, Luffy should be at least comparable to a Yonko on his own

Back