• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Twelve Amazon Lily

From what has been shown until now, yes, Law can cut Kaido in half with his hax. It's useless to have a superior haki, it doesn't nullify the powers of a DF user, Law and Vergo's own fight is proof.

Honestly even if you think Law not having his heart doesn't weaken him, Vergo was still squeezing it and preventing Law from fighting at full capacity. Either way it shows that Law and Vergo are not on the same level at all when it comes to a fair 1v1.

I only remember the anime fight but the difference between heart VS no Heart was indeed significant. Also it was established by Duffy that Law's powers aren't complete dur negation. He still has to be comparable like everyone else.

Doflamingo says this and on the next page Law cuts Vergo like he cuts everyone. Doffy says that only to scared him. Or you can show me someone stopping his spatial cut like Doffy says.

Tetsucabrah said:
Honestly even if you think Law not having his heart doesn't weaken him, Vergo was still squeezing it and preventing Law from fighting at full capacity. Either way it shows that Law and Vergo are not on the same level at all when it comes to a fair 1v1.
This is more than obvious, when Law regained his heart, he beat the Vergo with extreme ease. He gets weaker without the heart, as shown when he pulled out of other characters

It's funny how the Law vs Vergo topic is discussed using the hax to prove Law being stronger when hax is hax.

He still wins tho. Law took a serious beatdown from Vergo who was squeezing his heart so he definitely scales to Vergo and if Doffy believed that Diamante would be able to take care of Luffy, he indeed scales.

Why should Vergo scale to him? He clearly was inferior and had to squeeze his heart every time it looked like Law was gaining some ground. Vergo was beating down on a nerfed Law.

So if Doflamingo saying Law wouldn't be able to cut trough Vergo was him talking out of his ass, why would him saying Diamante could take Luffy be any different? That feels like a double standard to me.

I don't even know why Doffy's statement about Vergo is considered. IIRC, Law never used his power against Vergo for the time he met him he was a normal child.

On a side note I have been rereading various sections of One Piece and it has sorta reinvigorated my appreciation of the series. This series is much better to read in bulk than weekly.

It indeed is. Reading anything on a weekly basis kinda makes you lose track of most notable traits, and read a stacked up amount of chapters enhances the purpose of the story.

I read it a bunch when I first started it let me appreciate all the wonderful aspects and let them sink in much more.

Reading things in bunches will always be more fun but there is a certain thrill in waiting for the next chapter to release and the day it does- the joy !

Tetsucabrah said:
Why should Vergo scale to him? He clearly was inferior and had to squeeze his heart every time it looked like Law was gaining some ground. Vergo was beating down on a nerfed Law.

So if Doflamingo saying Law wouldn't be able to cut trough Vergo was him talking out of his ass, why would him saying Diamante could take Luffy be any different? That feels like a double standard to me.
You seem to misunderstand, I think.

• Law's Durability scales from Vergo's AP, which comes from Pica (under the assumption that Vergo can't be vastly weaker than him, and that all 4 of the High Executives are held in high regard by Doflamingo not only in their role in his life, but also because of their power. Doflamingo literally thought that Diamante could handle Luffy under the assumption that Luffy was comparable if not surperior to Law, who had just defeated Vergo).
    • TL;DR, Law's Durability comes from Vergo's AP. Not the other way around.
  • Law's AP (via damaging Vergo) -> Vergo's Dura (via tanking Sanji) -> Sanji's AP (via matching Vergo's strikes) -> Vergo's AP (via powerscaling to High Executives. And if Law's Tact results in anything 7-A, would scale to Smoker, who fought Law quite competitively and would lead to another branch of reasoning for Vergo's AP since he bested Smoker and withstood many hits)
Not to mention we also likely have another supporting feat for Law via his Tact against one of Fujitora's meteorites, which @Damage - I am still waiting for evidence that this was accepted as hax. Regardless, I doubt this as Law has some Room attacks that would obviously require energy to make any sense (Counter Shock via generating electricity and Tact via telekinesis)

Uh my argument wasn't that Law shouldn't scale to Vergo.

It was that Vergo himself shouldn't scale to Pica. And neither should Diamante.

Doflamingo thinking Diamante can take Luffy doesn't mean anything. He was just underestimating him.

IDK, in the case of Diamante, Doflamingo already knew Law bested Vergo, and also believed Luffy to be at least comparable to him, and still put his money on Diamante.

But narratively we know he's wrong about that. And he was wrong about Law not being able to cut Vergo's haki.

iirc he was wrong about a few things during Dressrosa, but my memory is shaky at best on that arc.

Point is he's overconfident and his thoughts on that shouldn't be taken as hard facts.

> @ Damage - I am still waiting for evidence that this was accepted as hax.

I can't give you evidence for something that was accepted as common consensus years ago.

If you want to change it or open it for discussion, make a CRT for it.

It's basically the same as Kaido's skin. Only a single weapon has been known to harm his skin.

Long story short: a non-dying Yonko's passive haki will make it almost impossible for most people to even damage their skin. Whitebeard was called out for being basically dying in Marineford since he wasn't able to dodge or ignore Squard's surprise stab.

Damage3245 said:
@AstralKing7; reread my post up above.
I did. If there is no evidence to support what you're saying then it's not true. I for one do not remember that. I've been here for a while and can't remember any blog that got chit down for a calc for law and the meteorite

@AstralKing7; in which case if a calc is a proposed for Law and the meteorite, it'll be handled on a CRT.

Is Oden more than 6 times as strong as a Yonko commander ? Since he was able to injure Kaido while Marco and Vista's combined attack didn't do anything to Akainu who is 1/3 of Kaido.

Oden doesn't have to be THAT strong to hurt Kaido, and you're also comparing a character whose only known info in combat is hurting Kaido and nothing else to characters who are more fleshed out. Not to mention this was Kaido as of 20 years ago, and he was likely not at his current level of power (especially considering how Sengoku notes Kaido and Big Mom being vastly stronger than they were from decades prior when both were part of Rocks).

Is Oden superior to a Yonko Commander of today: Who knows? It's possible, but not concrete.

Is Oden comparable/equal to a Yonko: Definitely not if all he managed to do is inflict a single wound on Kaido before being dealt with through unknown means, and that this event occurred likely years before Kaido reached his peak.

Also, you said Marco and Vista had a combined attack...? Two separate attacks to different locations on Akainu's body is NOT combined, and I thought you were aware that Akainu used a method identical to Katakuri's to dodge the attack--hence he took no damage.

Also, considering we don't know anything beyond basic information on Kaido's ability, it's not logical to jump to conclusions since it is entirely possible he has an invulnerability factor that is yet to be revealed.

Where did you get that Akainu is a 1/3 of Kaido? The Navy and the Shichibukai combined are in balance with the 4 Emperors. Not a single Emperor. Garp and Sengoku have been known for battling Yonko-tier people for decades, and even taking some of them down. Akainu's Navy is the strongest in history according to Jinbe, so Akainu right now shouldn't be that far from those two, specially if his spot in the story is to still be a threat to Luffy after his current conflict with Big Mom and Kaido.

Besides that, as CinCameron20 says, Akainu used Observation Haki just like Katakuri did to morph himself withour recieving any damge. Kuzan also did the same to evade Whitebeard's haki stab.

@blueice: we scale the admirals to 1/3 of the yonko.

@cin: ok

I don't think Oden wounding Kaido and his defeat happened at the same time, since he had given his swords to Kitetsu. If he had been defeated with his swords in his possession how could he have given them to Kitetsu. There were probably 2 different fights.

@Blue - Akainu has been overpowered in a physical contest by WB, and we attribute the damage he dealt to WB (same with Kizaru) as being a result of Akainu having dura negating properties via magma having the capacity to vaporize skin and bone upon contact. The only people who have ever stopped an attack from Akainu are confirmed Haki users, and we know Haki has the ability to mitigate if not nullify the attacks of DFs depending on potency--hence why people like Jinbe only got away with burns instead of losing his arm from blocking a punch from him.

We only scale the original 3 Admirals as being around 1/3 if not >1/3 as strong as WB based on showings (they collectively no-sold one of his quakes intended to destroy the execution stand, which is where the 1/3 comes from). Few have noted that Akainu stopping a sweep from WB w/ his foot as a reason for Akainu fully scaling, but that's not the case. Stopping one attack isn't super difficult if there's a mere <3x gap. Not to mention Akainu was pretty messed up after WB landed his ONLY 2 punches on Akainu, which occurred after he was already near-death.

Why does Kaido have "Dead or Alive" on his poster if no prison can hold him and marines always fail to execute him?

Because some marines are just stupid? Remember that Sanji had a horrid draw instead of a picture pre-timeskip because of sheer stupidity.

Nope, his poster got an Only Alive legend because of it, while the draw on his first poster was used because the camera used to get his photo wasn't taken because the photographer didn't take the tape off.

Theorizing that Kaido's haki protects him automatically whether he wants it to or not.

Which could explain why he's been unable to kill himself.

Travel speed-wise, yes, because his body is really light.

But that's not taking Gear 2nd into consideration.

Back