• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

So after the Straw Hats entered the New World. They actually experienced the dreaded weather and environment. Before they encounter a strange call from a Samurai from the Wano country. While getting ambushed by masked men working under the psychopathic Caesar Clown who was making Smile Devil Fruits in a alliance with Donquixote Doflamingo for the Yonko Kaido. While Luffy forms a unexpected alliance with fellow Worst Generation Member Trafalgar Law. To take down Doflamingo and Kaido

B6C39AFD-FF63-4633-89B6-B11455B92F71
C23F8C48-B8C0-4DC5-A99F-38B99132CDB5
9765AA1F-C098-450F-9FBC-ADD8C893C64B
8E408B30-3760-4A0F-893A-AC2D3C7D9F52
EEE2E4F3-E4E0-469E-B568-120538DD50F5
Zoro saves Tashigi and defeats Monet
Zoro saves Tashigi and defeats Monet

Trafalgar Law's Speech about the New Era HD-0
Trafalgar Law's Speech about the New Era HD-0

One Piece Òâ»Òâ│ÒâöÒâ╝Òé╣ - Doflamingo fights KUZAN Aokiji to save Smoker-2
One Piece Òâ»Òâ│ÒâöÒâ╝Òé╣ - Doflamingo fights KUZAN Aokiji to save Smoker-2

Nice!

Message from last thread: "I think the scabbards are going to face off against Kaido, either that or the numbers but I feel it would be more impactful for them to fight Kaido. Ashura and Denjiro were shown comparable in the recent chapter and Zoro scaling above G2 there could be an argument for Denjiro/Kyoshiro being High 7-A. That would mean at the very least 4 High 7-A's on the scabbards side fighting Kaido."

Well, I think the Sabaody trio will face Kaido. I would also like to see Inu and Neko taking revenge on Jack this time with Jack using his hybrid form and they using Suulong.

Would rather see Jinbe Vs Jack since both are fishmen(jack being half) honestly I feel the whole sabaody trio thing can be attributed to any arc and Kaido just doesn't feel like the right one; i can see Kid defeating Apoo before leaving wano (Wano doesn't seem like Kid's arc I feel he will playba pivotal role with the likes of Shanks).

On a side note it's more clear but Kaido is definitely wearing similar clothes to Katakuri.. I think it's clear Kaido is The father of Kat, Oven and Dai now.

Ah, it's annoying that the concept art for most wano characters is so low quality (not the art itself but the images taken of it).

Eminiteable said:
Would rather see Jinbe Vs Jack since both are fishmen(jack being half) honestly I feel the whole sabaody trio thing can be attributed to any arc and Kaido just doesn't feel like the right one; i can see Kid defeating Apoo before leaving wano (Wano doesn't seem like Kid's arc I feel he will playba pivotal role with the likes of Shanks).
Jack is a full fishman btw

Unrelated to that more so regarding the Breathe of all things (I know it's just speculation but I feel it's probably enough to warrant a probably rating) shouldn't Ryuma, Mihawk and maybe Kyoshiro have it since the quote Koushiro used was "the pinnacle of swords-manship is the power to Protect what one wishes to protect. And cut what he wishes to cut. A blade that injures all that it touches isn't really a sword"

I feel Ryuma and Mihawk would possibly have this ability due to being the greatest Swordsman while they were alive, and Denjiro may have used it (possibly not) when he slashed down Hiyori.

On the topic of Oden that's an image of young Oden, there should probably be an image of older Oden as well (assuming that profile doesn't get deleted)

Eminiteable said:
Unrelated to that more so regarding the Breathe of all things (I know it's just speculation but I feel it's probably enough to warrant a probably rating) shouldn't Ryuma, Mihawk and maybe Kyoshiro have it since the quote Koushiro used was "the pinnacle of swords-manship is the power to Protect what one wishes to protect. And cut what he wishes to cut. A blade that injures all that it touches isn't really a sword"
I feel Ryuma and Mihawk would possibly have this ability due to being the greatest Swordsman while they were alive, and Denjiro may have used it (possibly not) when he slashed down Hiyori.
I don't think so. That quote sounds to metaphorical to be taken seriously.

It is shown via Zoro where the leaves of a plant simply move out of the way of his blade(similar to koushiro who didn't cut paper) and then Zoro proceede to cut through stone with no effort.

We should probably have character's in groups that they were in formerly as on the main one piece page; for example have bullet apart of the Roger pirates and have supernova like x-Drake and Hawkins apart of the beast pirates and Kuzan in admirals

Eminiteable said:
On the topic of Oden that's an image of young Oden, there should probably be an image of older Oden as well (assuming that profile doesn't get deleted)
But Oden's design hasn't changed much from his first to his last appearance.

Not a great difference.

I'll clean the profile later. I was thinking that making him Unknow, possibly 6-B would have been a fair compromise given the evidence we have.

Likely Country Level: Compared to Roger and the Rocks pirates on more than one occasion. In his youth he defeated The Mountain God with a single attack and defeated Shutenmaru within an evening. As an adult he clashed with Whitebeard, Kaido, and Gol D Roger. By far his greatest feat was scarring Kaido. Thus he may be more powerful than any pirate or marine who failed in this regard.

Yeah Fix got it right there thats perfect. I hope we don't teach the Wano Arc thread before Wano ends...

I originally was going to but he's actually quite big in size when compared to Kawamatsu (who is also quite huge)
Screenshot 20200309-202545 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20200309-202617 Samsung Internet

So all those bloody Kyoshiro is Denjiro theories were right after all.

Now since a Zoro Kaido connection seems less likely I think Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Zoro will as always fight the 2nd strongest badguy and swordswoman.

I mean the kyoshiro = denjiro was sort of obvious,. most, myself included, thought it was someone else since kyoshiro was too obvious.

Back