• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

Plot Arrow FTW.

Yeah, I totally pick the well structured and built storytelling over the wonky narrative that goes anywhere to end the story.

The Scabbards. Defeating Kaido is a simbolic phrase as they are the people who hold the grudge against him.

But I don't think they will fight him.

I thought so as well(and wanted it to happen) but with the mention that the ones to defeat him will make their way into the new world making a name for themselves threw me off.

Then I thought it was the supernovaa but there isn't enough supernova in wano not are 3 of them on good terms with the others, also you'd think if they were going the supernova root they would use all 11 but there are supposed to be 9.

Lastly it left me at the strawhats (I kind of dlsike this one though since it's corny) but it would kind of fit due to thriller bark with the whole shadows and facing oars, but it's kinda contradicted by the fact there are 10 strawhats now (potentially 11 if carrot joins)

Another could be Blackbeard as he's been referred to as "they" (could mean Blackbeard himself or just his crew but assuming it meant him) that would mean he would count as multiple people + he has the darkness fruit, darkness = shadows. I dislike this one since it would sort of be retreading old ground with Marineford and I feel it wouldn't be as impactful as Blackbeard doesn't have the build up or history with Kaido like he did Whitebeard.

It could also be gecko Moriah getting revenge, he does have the shadow shadow no mi, but then again Moriah did come into wano on his own and attack Kaido + he stole from Wano so imo he deserved having his crew be killed.

Oda did put a curvy ball here. We have many different options to fit the nine shadows point.

If Zoro fights King in wanokuni do you all think he will learn the ability to cut fire and produce fire at a higher degree? I personally believe King possesses a similar fire Swordsman ability to Kin'emon and if Zoro fights him he will have to overcome said ability.

And once again in this chapter the mention of Kaido's head being cut off, if seems to have been mentioned so many times now that it's probably set in stone the way he will actually die (unless Oda wants to do some lame route where Kaido becomes an ally due to O-tama)

It was never revealed but based off the new chapter and the last one i feel it was probably Denjiro. Plus the clothes don't got X-Drake now that I'm looking at it.

Both are very strong candidates for being the traitor in that side. Drake is still a marine and Kyoshiro is still a Kozuki's samurai.

Interesting potential we have in Denjiro discovering Kanjuro's betrayal now.

What do you all think Kaido wanted to ask the Kozuki samurai? Doubt it would be anything like a poneglyph or something like that.

That is his whole reason for chasing them, so yeah, I think it would be. They told us this back in the Zou Arc.

I don't understand why he doesn't reveal what's the thing he wants to ask them.

If it's about the Poneglyphs, it makes no sense to not say it.

Seems to be a needless addition, considering anyone can do that.

It's not a great effect he earned with it, that's what I mean.

I'm overlooking Kanjuro's bad drawing skills as this last chapter showed that he can very well replicate himself, suggesting that he failed at the previous drawings on purpose.

Unless someone else did his body, which I doubt.

Back