• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #2

I would laugh if reverie becomes a cover story for wano. reverie is gonna be around 20 chapters. hopefully as big as zou.

1ST COMMENT

question for my ninjas vs pirates thread. Crackers biscuit soldiers are low 6-b higher than g2 and g3 luffy right? and Kuma could repel chakra? and shank's and big mom's conquers can null shadow clones if serious?

I mean Jigra was mentioned once by the wolf Mink when he said "I guess Jigra couldn't wait for us" as a way of showing their acknowledgement to him. Okay, maybe I get it may be more impactful to show their connections as a group rather than separate from Jigra, but that doesn't mean it's bad writing, just not perfect. Like you said, they are fodder characters which are used to build hype of other more important characters. Jigra wasn't too important of a character. He was used to show how seriously Big Mom takes her tea parties and the people she invites, and also showing how people are trying to rebel against her ideals. Jigra could have just led men that have a similar motive of taking organs from the wedding. Maybe the fact they go don't like what you want shows that they treat him more as a business partner rather than a friend. They may also view him being weaker then them as they are Assassins group (which now I could see a problem you may be getting at) while he's a dealer.

What I'm trying to say is I might understand your reasoning of why you don't like it as it feels like something to pad on the run time, it's at least enjoyable for me to watch. While you find it bad, I don't. Maybe if they were considered Tankman or some other title, it would be better. The fact you said it's "very bad writing" sounds too extreme to me. Maybe it didn't make sense, but there was at least some thought as to why they are there. Call me ridiculous if you have to, I hold my own opinion. Even one of my friends who doesn't watch the anime seemed to like that scene.

Yoh Asakura8 said:
question for my ninjas vs pirates thread. Crackers biscuit soldiers are low 6-b higher than g2 and g3 luffy right? and Kuma could repel chakra? and shank's and big mom's conquers can null shadow clones if serious?
Yes. Probably. Depends on how powerful the shadow clones are. If they are from characters weaker than the Yonko then yes. Honestly though, as clones do not possess the same willpower of the individual, I'm inclined to respond to the question with "yes".

So, are we gonna see Vivi in Reverie? :)

@Sword

You mean durability? Because I don't remember anything like that being stated. The shadow clones can endure the burden of Kurama's chakra when he wasn't friends with Naruto yet.

What does "null" here mean anyway?

We will see Vivi in Reverie. She's going there alongside her father.

Null means nullify, so he suggests that Haoshoku would KO them instantly, which I don't believe is the case, unless they are summoned on a whim and in large numbers seeing as how the user has to divide his chakra a great deal to even get such a large amount in the first place. That depends on the character though.

And the clones do not have a lower "durability" but vastly lower endurance and stamina as light damage can cause them to dispel. They can be one-shot very easily unless they are already comparative in power to their opponent.

The anime has gotten a little tiring for me, so I'm going to start reading the manga after finishing Zou.

I don't think the anime is bad or boring, but I don't feel like I can say anything since I've read only a single page of the manga, which is the very beginning of East Blue.

@Cin

That's true.

not that it matters anymore but yh. cross debating can be hard sometimes when you have 1 side will say it will work and the other saying it will not.

what are all yoor expectations for the reverie? unless it does become a cover story. :^]

Burning, when did you start one piece and how fast did it take you to get to te point you're at now?

@Burning - I suggest reading the manga entirely... the anime skips, fills some gaps, and a lot of scenes play differently in the manga such as Sanji vs Absalom (poor guy took a blade through his back to protect Nami instead of a claw to his rib) which end up being more epic. And Zeff eating his leg to survive. There's dozens of cases.

@Yoh

Hmm. I started sometime last year. When I began, I used to think that I would watch only up to a hundred episodes and continue the manga from there, so I first watched up to episode 40 something or so on a whim. It was exactly that episode that Luffy beat Arlong.

Then after a few months, I watched up to Jaya and stopped where Luffy ran back to confront Bellamy.

I picked it up again around late December, and I only intended to watch Skypiea, but it was so cool, so I continued until where I am right now.

@Cin

I want to read the manga for some parts, but I can't read the entire thing unless I have a really long holiday. Lol.

Burning Full Fingers said:
The anime has gotten a little tiring for me, so I'm going to start reading the manga after finishing Zou.

I don't think the anime is bad or boring, but I don't feel like I can say anything since I've read only a single page of the manga, which is the very beginning of East Blue.
Though the anime at Whole Cake Island does at least gets somewhat better than Dressrosa, even in the incannon fillers. The anime extends the Brook vs big Mom fight which was only a scene of Brook calling her a young lady. i just feel Dressrosa ruined the anime for many people, that they stopped watching it.

So what went down?.

Did Bigmom get assassinated?, Fill a brother in on the details here.

LordGriffin1000 said:
So what went down?.

Did Bigmom get assassinated?, Fill a brother in on the details here.
Anime or manga?

In manga, she is currently seemingly chasing the Straw Hats or possibly fighting Jinbe.

belemy lost his crew on his way to skypiea I think.

has anyone seen the new anime for one piece? it was so fuking gud. kinda slow pacing but gud.

animation and art was perfect. we're soon getting to the point where it's gonna be all acion. will be ater 2-3 more eps depending how much they drag out the big mom back story which I do not give 2 ***** about.

Lol...

@LordGriffon - Strawhats escaped. Germa 66, Jinbe and the Sun Pirates stayed behind to buy time. Last we saw of them, Big Mom was approaching them. Strawhats are now heading to Wano, as they've retrieved Sanji.

Yeah, but I was wondering if it's due to the Knock Up Stream or something else.

It was stated by ganfall that there were other ways of reaching the white sea that would usually result in the loss of crew but the knock up stream was an all or nothing bet where either everyone makes it or nobody does if the straw hat grand fleet cover story isn't over yet we may end up with a bellamy one after Orlumbus so reverie is definitely happening not as a cover story

mhmm.

armament haki, do you guys think it's a layer of their spirit hardened over their skin or their skin being hardened by it?

the panel before luffy going snakeman, was it luffy and kat speaking to eachother like a future convo ? cuz I didn't understand it. there's different opinions on it, and future convo is what they understood more.

The passive use of Armament enforces the user's body with invisible armor around their body. Busoshoku Koka hardens the actual body and is more advanced than the passive armor.

Someone like Sanji has only displayed the application of invisible armor, and not Koka.

Luffy and Katakuri seemed to have a conversation whilst each were seeing into the future, unless they spoke about something earlier in their fight that we don't know about.

it would make perfect sense if oda at least gave a hint of them having a conversation in their fight. but since theres no evidence of that he leaves us to think it's a future conversation until he himself comes up and tells us what really happened.

Anyone remember when the rokushiki was a big deal and super impressive I wonder how well it would pair with haki especially the tekkai with armament seems like it would be really powerful for defence Also some of the more weird non-devilfruit powers I find the most interesting of all like hypnotism or rope action

What do you guys think about the difference between Yonkou / Admirals and Yonkou Commander level characters?

For example, if a Yonkou performs a 6-A feat, it'd scale to other Yonkou and Admiral level characters, but what about Yonkou Commander level characters?

Would they be affected, or will they remain at Low 6-B?

I think it depends on the feat in question and whether any Commanders around so we can judge their reaction / see if there's any indication they are comparable to the feat or character in question.

The Yonko commanders are below the Admirals considerably, and there's very little evidence supporting them being = to them. The best anyone did was Jozu rushing straight into Aokiji with haki, but that only made him bleed very slightly. Meanwhile, they got nearly one-shot.

The Yonko are questionable because we've only seen an old/sick/injured Whitebeard fight against the Admirals, yet he was clearly superior to them by some margin despite this handicap. Meanwhile, no one can kill Kaidou, Big Mom "noped" Gear 4th without flinching, and Shanks has clashed with Whitebeard.

It's clear that it's Yonko ~> Admirals >> Yonko Commanders in terms of just looking at power.

If Whitebeard caused a 6-A feat, the Admirals would scale since they could harm him, and the commanders would probably be "At least Low 6-B+, possibly much higher".

I don't see admirals on par or a little under yonko's cuz of the fact they extreme diffed an old sick whitebeard which took 2 different parties to beat. (marines and bb pirates)

there's a whole video I've seen which I approve of. on the lines of what marco said while looking very shocked when Whitebeard got stabbed, was as if he himself was concerned as to how whitebeard wasn't capable of avoiding it. back in the day, whitebeard did in fact swat away ace whilst in deep sleep. kaido himself is said in a 1v1 on land or sky he cannot be beaten due to him being the strongest living creature. shank's haki is what makes him surpass everyone and big mom is already devastating as she is. Kuzan got tossed in the air by pre ts luffy. he indeed was not trying but big mom wasn't trying against g4 luffy's kong gun which she shrugged off with an elbow.

The Yonko weren't a thing when WB was in his prime, or even most of the time after Roger's death. Each Yonko is probably only comparable to Whitebeard at the time of his death.

Marco wasn't shocked, he looked back at it and said "Yeah, back in the day, he wouldn't have been caught off guard so easily." Whitebeard in general weakened as he grew old and sick.

Random Marines were also able to harm Whitebeard and so did Squard. I don't think just being able to harm Whitebeard is a good measuring stick.

Back