• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Dinkleberg Quinkleturd Big Planet Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitebeard currently doesn't scale to Kaidou's Kaen Daiko and currently has no reason to, even as a Possibly.
"currently" he has this thread. It's why it's pushing for a possibly. I'm not saying he should scale to or off luffy/kaido, but I am saying 5C isn't outlandish or exceptional in one piece anymore as a verse, for the "exceptional event" reasoning being one of the ticks for outlier.

Last edited:
What are the arguments for each side here so far?

Given how limited time I have available, a single post with summaries of each side of the arguments here would be very appreciated. 🙏

"currently" he has this thread. It's why it's pushing for a possibly. I'm not saying he should scale to or off luffy/kaido, but I am saying 5C isn't outlandish or exceptional in one piece anymore as a verse, for the "exceptional event" reasoning being one of the ticks for outlier.
As far as I understand it, the "exceptional event" point doesn't necessarily mean for the verse as a whole.

No, I haven't had the time to do so yet. My apologies.

It was mainly the points about that Whitebeard's feat does not qualify as an outlier anymore that convinced me.

No, I haven't had the time to do so yet. My apologies.

It was mainly the points about that Whitebeard's feat does not qualify as an outlier anymore that convinced me.
Okay, there's no rush. I do also address the standards of that page, and KT's response addresses my own arguments, so if you can let us know when you've read through our posts, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I have read through the linked posts now, including yours.

How many times stronger would Whitebeard's tier 5-C/level 6 earthquake feat be than Luffy's tier High 6-A feat, and would reducing its intensity to a lower level earthquake be more reasonable and produce a value more similar to Luffy's feat?

I have read through the linked posts now, including yours.

How many times stronger would Whitebeard's tier 5-C/level 6 earthquake feat be than Luffy's tier High 6-A feat, and would reducing its intensity to a lower level earthquake be more reasonable and produce a value more similar to Luffy's feat?
Well, to answer your question Whitebeard's calc would be 2.7 times higher than Luffy's compressed Bajrang Gun, and 41 times times lower than Luffy's uncompressed Bajrang Gun.

Neither of which is particularly relevant in my opinion as Whitebeard has no scaling to either of them.

And I do not believe that tinkering with the calc to produce a closer result to Luffy's calcs would be a solution in any possible way. We should be aiming for what is most accurate for the character whether that is high or low, not trying to aim for a specific value and altering it until it reaches that level.

And there is a lot more to the issue than to just "Is any other calc in the verse in the same vicinity as the proposed calc."

And I do not believe that tinkering with the calc to produce a closer result to Luffy's calcs would be a solution in any possible way. We should be aiming for what is most accurate for the character whether that is high or low, not trying to aim for a specific value and altering it until it reaches that level.
Okay, few things here:
  1. Tinkering? Come again? This is literally an honest calc, there's a reason why I accepted it. Really don't appreciate you taking it as such just because of the result it produces
  2. And who's to say that leaving things at 6-B is "most accurate"? Because that's what seems to be you're insinuating

Okay, few things here:
  1. Tinkering? Come again? This is literally an honest calc, there's a reason why I accepted it. Really don't appreciate you taking it as such just because of the result it produces
  2. And who's to say that leaving things at 6-B is "most accurate"? Because that's what seems to be you're insinuating
aye aye aye aye aye he's talking to Ant who asked to lower the calc to make it more consistent, let em breathe

Tinkering? Come again? This is literally an honest calc, there's a reason why I accepted it. Really don't appreciate you taking it as such just because of the result it produces
Sorry, but I think you completely misread my comment.

I was saying tinkering in response to Antvasima suggesting we modify the calc to alter the result.

Like say we just switched it out to Magnitude 5 on a whim because it would give a more "reasonable" result. That's the kind of the tinkering I was talking about. Wasn't accusing KT or anyone else of tinkering the clac.

And who's to say that leaving things at 6-B is "most accurate"? Because that's what seems to be you're insinuating
I didn't say that anyone else said that? I also said "whether that is high or low". Whether Whitebeard ends up eing 5-C or 6-B, or even 4-B or 6-C or whatever, we should be aiming for accuracy.

Tinkering? Come again? This is literally an honest calc, there's a reason why I accepted it. Really don't appreciate you taking it as such just because of the result it produces
Damage was replying to Ant's suggestion here:

Well, to answer your question Whitebeard's calc would be 2.7 times higher than Luffy's compressed Bajrang Gun, and 41 times times lower than Luffy's uncompressed Bajrang Gun.

Neither of which is particularly relevant in my opinion as Whitebeard has no scaling to either of them.

And there is a lot more to the issue than to just "Is any other calc in the verse in the same vicinity as the proposed calc."
I am afraid that I personally disagree with you in that regard. It does make good narrative sense for Whitebeard to not be overwhelmingly weaker than either Luffy or Kaido.

I am afraid that I personally disagree with you in that regard. It does make good narrative sense for Whitebeard to not be overwhelmingly weaker than either Luffy or Kaido.
Well fair enough, but we already covered this in a previous thread and you did concede on that topic since you didn't have any evidence as far as I can recall.

What you're doing is just posting an argument from incredulity.

Also, just so we're clear, Luffy's compressed Bajrang Gun (which should be far stronger than Gear 5 Luffy's ordinary attacks) would be 2.7x weaker than Whitebeard's proposed level of power here.

Considering how many people scale to Whitebeard, you would effectively be saying that around 60 to 70 characters scale to possibly being 2.7x stronger than Luffy's Gear 5.

Well fair enough, but we already covered this in a previous thread and you did concede on that topic since you didn't have any evidence as far as I can recall.

What you're doing is just posting an argument from incredulity.

Also, just so we're clear, Luffy's compressed Bajrang Gun (which should be far stronger than Gear 5 Luffy's ordinary attacks) would be 2.7x weaker than Whitebeard's proposed level of power here.

Considering how many people scale to Whitebeard, you would effectively be saying that around 60 to 70 characters scale to possibly being 2.7x stronger than Luffy's Gear 5.
We do have evidence currently though, and the Yonkou are genuinely not supposed to be overwhelmingly dissimilar in terms of raw power, so our previous scaling looked extremely odd in that regard. As such, I maintain my viewpoint here.

What's calced is not the full power of Bajrang Gun even ignoring the decompression.

The calc ignores the 3 types of Haki being used (Buso: Koka, Hao, Buso Emission), meaning it's not really far fetched to say that Luffy on his own is close the AP of the Kinetic Energy of just the large fist.

We do have evidence currently though, and the Yonkou are genuinely not supposed to be overwhelmingly dissimilar in terms of raw power, so our previous scaling looked extremely odd in that regard. As such, I maintain my viewpoint here.
Can you post your evidence? Because I'm pretty sure Arc7Kuroi and myself debunked that in the previous thread.

Can you post your evidence? Because I'm pretty sure Arc7Kuroi and myself debunked that in the previous thread.
The updated similarly scaled calculations for Luffy and Whitebeard mentioned in this thread.

The updated similarly scaled calculations for Luffy and Whitebeard mentioned in this thread.
That's not the answer to the question I asked. I asked what's your evidence for the other Yonkou scaling to Kaidou's Kaen Daiko.

The point is that the Yonkou have been in a stalemate for a long time, so they cannot just go around and one-shot each other, and Kaidou has reminisced about that both Roger, Shanks, and Whitebeard are powerful enough for him to respect them as adversaries in combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back