• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Top Tiers and God Tiers Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame clouds aren’t hyped to be his ultimate technique =/= flame clouds scale to his physicals moron, KT. There are plenty of instances of characters with techniques that aren’t their strongest technique but still stronger than their physicals.
An 8 year old did it

Neutral on flame cloud stuff.

I will say that the flame clouds only weaken when Kaido weakens so they're tied to his power level in some way, at the very least.

RIP High 6-A, and High 6-B its gone too, even if i still think that it should scale.

So back to square one with 6-B which will scale to just Admirals and Yonkou.

RIP High 6-A, and High 6-B its gone too, so back to square one with 6-B which will scale to just Admirals and Yonkos.
Yeah, because the cloud split calc issue, despite density no longer being an issue, was never resolved since no one agreed on how to do the split calc itself.

Neutral on flame cloud stuff.

I will say that the flame clouds only weaken when Kaido weakens so they're tied to his power level in some way, at the very least.

Yes, we go over that in the OP.

In That_moron's defense, this ain't even an attacking move, it's deadass a move that Kaidou just uses to get around
Moves more focused on attacking with similar concepts (flames) should be superior to the likes of just passive techniques
Not without due reason, there’s currently no reason to presuppose his attacks have superior AP to the energy produced from his flame clouds. Going by our site standards the opposite is true, there’s due reason to assume the flame clouds don’t even scale to his attacks. Unless you can substantiate that claim it’s merely a baseless assumption.

Flame Clouds isn't even an inherently offensive technique, Kaidou uses it to make himself and other things float, so I still don't agree with other techniques like Boro Breath scaling above Flame Clouds.

Cool, how does that prove those clouds scale relative with one's physicals or separate attacks.
The fact that if they were above his physicals or other attacking moves he'd be using them. Flame Clouds are for movement. Yamato says as much. Boro Breath is for attacking. Kaidou also implies his Haki is stronger than his DF against Luffy.

The fact that if they were above his physicals or other attacking moves he'd be using them. Flame Clouds are for movement. Yamato says as much. Boro Breath is for attacking. Kaidou also implies his Haki is stronger than his DF against Luffy.
They aren’t attacks… so why would he use them? They’re solely for lifting

For all those who wish we didn't have to rely on 6-B WB calcs...

Blame the people who never resolved the cloud split calcing issues despite seemingly agreeing on allowing normal cloud densities.

They aren’t attacks… so why would he use them? They’re solely for lifting
Throwing shit. Kaidou himself is fueling the clouds. I don't see how it doesn't scale to his a.p.
Flame Clouds isn't even an inherently offensive technique, Kaidou uses it to make himself and other things float, so I still don't agree with other techniques like Boro Breath scaling above Flame Clouds.
Do you hear yourself? The energy produced by a non offensive move is superior to offensive moves.
I'll reiterate that Kaidou heavily implies that his haki based techniques like Thunder Bagua are superior to his Devil Fruit. On top of this several DFs should have more power in them than Kaidou's fruit. Like Akainu's for instance.

Throwing shit. Kaidou himself is fueling the clouds. I don't see how it doesn't scale to his a.p.
It’s explained in the OP, merely sustaining something doesn’t make your physicals scale inherently regardless of if you can see it or not

If he has an ability that is reserved solely for lifting things, then I don’t understand why it would scale to his physicals even if it’s meant to be “basic and easy” for him to produce? They serve a function that isn’t attack based, they shouldn’t really scale to anything he does that IS attack based unless there’s a sufficient reason beyond “well they’re not attacks so his actual attacks should be stronger.”

The context of the Flame Clouds implies to me that nothing scales to them because their function of just lifting stuff is completely different from all of Kaido’s other abilities. Like, if they were that much stronger and his physicals scaled, wouldn’t that mean he should be able to lift anything they can? If he “fuels them,” then shouldn’t anything they can do he can do? If it’s a 1:1 power exchange, would that not be the case?

You're right, I apologize.

On the subject of scaling, will Scabbard tiers just be Baseline 6-B (7 teratons)? How do you plan on scaling them?

Since I'm assuming we don't do the "divide them by 4" thing, then baseline 6-B is probably what they'll be.

Since I'm assuming we don't do the "divide them by 4" thing, then baseline 6-B is probably what they'll be.
I personally wouldn't mind the 1/4 scaling, but yes there is some...opposition to that.

Baseline 6-B isn't terrible since the 12.64 teraton feat was done casually by Primebeard just from getting pissed.

Kaidou's haki is stronger than his DF.

That scan does not say that Kaidou's Haki > all the capabilities of his Devil Fruit.
It doesn't have to. The flame clouds are basic techniques that shouldn't be able to generate more energy than Boro Breath.
For example Momo having already mastered flame clouds struggled with Boro Breath. This shows its a more complex technique than the very basic Boro Breath, i.e its a simple technique that Haki outscales.

It doesn't have to. The flame clouds are basic techniques that shouldn't be able to generate more energy than Boro Breath.
For example Momo having already mastered flame clouds struggled with Boro Breath. This shows its a more complex technique than the very basic Boro Breath, i.e its a simple technique that Haki outscales.
That doesn't prove anything when it comes to potency.

Moron stop making baseless claims. You’re presupposing that the clouds have to be some hyper casual weak technique, when they don’t have to be weak at all. Start backing up your claims or stop talking.

That doesn't prove anything when it comes to potency.
Damage devil fruits are powered by the user. Some techniques amp, I have no reason to believe that a basic technique like Flame Cloud is one of them. Especially since they are shown to be easier to use than offensive moves.

Moron stop making baseless claims. You’re presupposing that the clouds have to be some hyper casual weak technique, when they don’t have to be weak at all. Start backing up your claims or stop talking.
The clouds are shown to be easier to master than Boro Breath. Techniques that amp such as Gears are harder to use. Basic moves scale to user's a.p.

The clouds are shown to be easier to master than Boro Breath. Techniques that amp such as Gears are harder to use. Basic moves scale to user's a.p.
1) ease of use of a technique doesn’t mean anything
2) Kaido ***** out Boro breaths casually anyhow so your point falls apart

How about rather than reaching with unsubstantiated claims you address the evidence backed claims in the OP that adhere to site standards 🗿

1) ease of use of a technique doesn’t mean anything
2) Kaido ***** out Boro breaths casually anyhow so your point falls apart

How about rather than reaching with unsubstantiated claims you address the evidence backed claims in the OP that adhere to site standards 🗿
We have no reason to believe that a 10ish times amp is applicable to Flame Clouds which isn't even an offensive technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back