• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Roshi VS Whitebeard (Edward Newgate)

Speed is equalized

Both are Moon Level

Both start at 10 meters of distance

"MAX Power Form (Resurrection 'F' Saga)" key for Roshi and "Old" key for Whitebeard are being used

The fight takes place in an empty city

SBA for everything that i don´t specified

Who wins?

"Goku... Krillin... You two are the ones who taught me... that this old man still has a future and it's too early to decide my limits":
@Accelerated_Evolution

"The One Piece is real": @Ryuga21 @Nierre @StrawHatArslan @DarlingAurora @Apollonir.Scale @ZoroNotZolo @Kachon123

Incon:

Last edited:
Going with Roshi for now.

Marineford whitebeard suffers heart attacks during combat — Roshi could easily take advantage of this by using Mafuba on him. Even though Sickbeard scale to a minimun higher AP, he cannot use haoshoku/kenbunshoku haki properly and is very susceptible to being attacked by Roshi in numerous ways (homing ki blast spam, paralysis, sealing). Roshi would also dominate at close range given his martial combat technique and experience and WB may have a hard time against flying enemies.

Btw, if the battle is going to take place at Kame House, that means that both will be surrounded by the sea. This can give a lot of advantage and favor Roshi's victory as well.

Going with Roshi for now.

Marineford whitebeard suffers heart attacks during combat — Roshi could easily take advantage of this by using Mafuba on him. Even though Sickbeard scale to a minimun higher AP, he cannot use haoshoku/kenbunshoku haki properly and is very susceptible to being attacked by Roshi in numerous ways (homing ki blast spam, paralysis, sealing). Roshi would also dominate at close range given his martial combat technique and experience and WB may have a hard time against flying enemies.

Btw, if the battle is going to take place at Kame House, that means that both will be surrounded by the sea. This can give a lot of advantage and favor Roshi's victory as well.
How can i make the battle more fair?

I change my vote for Newgate then.

In this key Newgate basically uses Advaced Haoshoku to amp his attacks and can even coat them with ACoA and his own quakes which causes dura-neg. As he is not sick, he would last longer in combat and would not be surprised by Mafuba (even though he already has prior knowledge of this). He would still have a hard time against flying, but he could use air quakes and put strength on his legs to jump really high and try to attack Roshi anyway. Anyway, in the long run Roshi would get tired first (because he wouldn't be able to support the Max form for the entire combat period), it would be a great battle until that point, where Whitebeard would finish him with this Massive Quake Punch destroying Roshi.

Since i have the power to vote in my on thread i will give my thoughts:
Both are physically comparable with WB just having a slight advantage that (as far as i know) don´t make him capable of one-shot Roshi

Roshi can counter the physical advantage by using his hax like Pressure Point Strikes and Paralysis Inducement, Sleep Inducement (that WB could probably resists)

About the durability negation: WB could only do it through the shockwaves, that Roshi would probably dodge

If i committed any error in my analysis anyone could correct me, anyway, Roshi FRA

If you manage to put Whitebeard to sleep with Roshi's sleep manipulation, Roshi wins. Apart from this, if Whitebeard creates an earthquake from a distance and does not bring Roshi closer to him, Whitebeard wins.

If you manage to put Whitebeard to sleep with Roshi's sleep manipulation, Roshi wins. Apart from this, if Whitebeard creates an earthquake from a distance and does not bring Roshi closer to him, Whitebeard wins.
It wouldn't:
Instinctive Reaction (Kin'emon can sense and fight even without connection to his other senses, as his legs and torso moved around Punk Hazard using only his Kenbunshoku Haki and not any others[27][28][29]. Big Mom and Whitebeard can sense and fight while they're sleeping[30][31]. Rayleigh said that Luffy could unconsciously sense the emotions of living things[6])

If you manage to put Whitebeard to sleep with Roshi's sleep manipulation, Roshi wins.
Haki users have instinctive reaction as explained above but Roshi has other wincons like Mafuba

Apart from this, if Whitebeard creates an earthquake from a distance and does not bring Roshi closer to him, Whitebeard wins.
Roshi would probably dodge the earthquake and don´t try to counter it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back