• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Dinkleberg Quinkleturd Big Planet Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
One thing about me is that I'm really petty.

This is capitalizing off of the last thread, which said Edward Newgate had the potential to send quakes over the entire planet

Now because it was accepted as possibly, I'll be forced to request it to be added as a "possibly" rating.

We have a chart of the yields that can be given for shaking the One Piece planet directly below

As the previous thread accepted a possibly off of those statements + Tsuru's, the least the magnitude would be is a Magnitude 6 earthquake just for the worldwide damaging potential.

Magnitude 6 quake would be 18 Exatons.

With KLOL's edits, it would be
Mass = 2.9881781e30 kg

Mag 6 = Intensity 7
Speed in cm/s = 20 cm/s – 41.4 cm/s

1/2 * 2.9881781e30 * 0.307^2 = 1.408164e+29 joules = 33.6 Exatons

If you disagree with the range, argue with a wall and make another thread. This isn't the thread for it.

This is intended to get the actual feat and value accepted first. If others need to be changed, the scaling can be discussed in a new thread.

Agree: KingTempest (OP), Antvasima (Agrees with Kachon), Planck (bro come on)
Neutral:
Disagree: Damage (Outlier)

Last edited:
Side note: For weird-ass planets like this, if you want to calculate Earthquakes, just gun for it using good old fashioned KE.

Speed values here. Convert from cm/s to m/s. Works on any and all planets of all shapes and sizes. Just get the mass and you're good to go.

So you'd be proposing that like WB/Gura Gura level is 2.7 Exatons (BB calc), possibly 18 Exatons (based on the possibly range of WB)?

Well, I have some issues for the Blackbeard Sabaody feat which currently has been accepted as being mathematically correct by another Calc Group Member but isn't in use on the profiles right now. I guess we can address that calc here if it is being proposed as being used for the verse in this thread?

As for the main proposal of this thread which is treating Whitebeard as having 18 Exaton AP, I would disagree for that for being an Outlier compared to Whitebeard's other showings, as well as the other showings of the rest of the God Tiers of the verse, and I don't think there is enough supporting evidence of Whitebeard being capable of a Magnitude 6 quake at that range to warrant a Possibly rating for him.

Side note: For weird-ass planets like this, if you want to calculate Earthquakes, just gun for it using good old fashioned KE.

Speed values here. Convert from cm/s to m/s. Works on any and all planets of all shapes and sizes. Just get the mass and you're good to go.
Mass = 2.9881781e30 kg

Mag 6 = Intensity 7
Speed in cm/s = 20 cm/s – 41.4 cm/s

1/2 * 2.9881781e30 * 0.307^2 = 1.408164e+29 joules = 33.6 Exatons

Oh shit

As for the main proposal of this thread which is treating Whitebeard as having 18 Exaton AP, I would disagree for that for being an Outlier compared to Whitebeard's other showings, as well as the other showings of the rest of the God Tiers of the verse, and I don't think there is enough supporting evidence of Whitebeard being capable of a Magnitude 6 quake at that range to warrant a Possibly rating for him.
Can you extrapolate on why you believe this feat would be an outlier? It being directly un-supported by other feats wouldn't be inherent evidence against it being within the realms of Whitebeard's capabilities if we have supplemental evidence which explains his capabilities when fully utilized. It would be more reasonable and convincing if you brought up our outlier standards and went point by point and explained why the feat in question would be affected by those standards rather than just bringing up personal opinion on the scaling.

A further explanation of your opinion would be nice.

Can you extrapolate on why you believe this feat would be an outlier? It being directly un-supported by other feats wouldn't be inherent evidence against it being within the realms of Whitebeard's capabilities if we have supplemental evidence which explains his capabilities when fully utilized. It would be more reasonable and convincing if you brought up our outlier standards and went point by point and explained why the feat in question would be affected by those standards rather than just bringing up personal opinion on the scaling.

A further explanation of your opinion would be nice.
No problem. It's late for me currently so I won't be able to get a detailed response post until tomorrow but I'm fine to go into more detail for it.

If this is an outlier then Whitebeard shouldn't have 'possibly Stellar' range. I'm not sure how this can even be rejected when we're just finding AP from his already accepted range.

But then again, this is One Piece and people (yall know who you are) will disagree for the sake of disagreeing

If this is an outlier then Whitebeard shouldn't have 'possibly Stellar' range. I'm not sure how this can even be rejected when we're just finding AP from his already accepted range.

But then again, this is One Piece and people (yall know who you are) will disagree for the sake of disagreeing
What he said

No different than stating some people will agree with 5-C One Piece for the sake of 5-C One Piece.

What Whitebeard's range is accepted as being as does not mean it is accepted that he can produce an attack of a specific level - such as a Magnitude 6 earthquake - at that range.

What Whitebeard's range is accepted as being as does not mean it is accepted that he can produce an attack of a specific level - such as a Magnitude 6 earthquake - at that range.
No it technically is, or else it wouldn't be range
Dude can send earthquakes and tsunamis to people far away. If it affects them then it's part of the range

No different than stating some people will agree with 5-C One Piece for the sake of 5-C One Piece.
Considering how you think that Whitebeard having Stellar range is a very valid possibility (which is why you're the one sho first proposed the possibly rating), I'm confused on why finding the AP from said range is an outlier.
What level would you say Whitebeard's worldwide quakes are then?

What level would you say Whitebeard's worldwide quakes are then?
Unknown. We haven't seen any feats of Whitebeard - or Blackbeard - causing quakes on the other side of the world, so I couldn't say with certainty what level they would be. It's possible he could make them, but it's unknown how strong they'd be.

Just like the 12 statements of WB having planetary reach being outliers
Those 4 feats are all outliers

If it's not tier 7 it's outlier
I know you're just being facetious because you think I'm disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, but there's no need to pollute the discussion with this. Nobody argues that everything above Tier 7 is an outlier (at least, not anyone I've seen here) and nobody said that every statement and every feat is an outlier.

I'll try to explain my position as best I can and if you disagree, fair enough, but let's not make the CRT toxic, please. If we're going to disagree, I'd prefer if we disagreed civilly.

I know you're just being facetious because you think I'm disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing
The tier 7 is a running joke, and you weren't even the one who said outlier about the multitude of range statements in the WB thread so don't think that's referencing you either.

I'm joking with kachon as I would in any other chat, there's no real toxicity involved. Take your time with the rebuttal, there's no rush

Stadium on X: The refs when they have a chance to blow their whistle  https://t.co/iQwyx9ZuNc / X

I agree with the OP.

Why are we suddenly being contentious about whitebeard now that he has AP to go along with his range. I'd say this one is pretty straight forward considering the amount of sources there are for him being able to shake the world
Well tbf, Damage, the main voiced opposition was against the range too. So it’s not that he’s being “suddenly contentious”.

If the possibly Stellar range is accepted and Whitebeard does cause earthquakes across the entire planet this is perfectly fine.

Since this relies on Whitebeard having a possibly Stellar range. The 18 Exaton rating will also only be a possibly. But can Whitebeard just scale above Blackbeard's 2.7 Exaton feat for the non-possibly part? Or do we still use the 6-B calcs for the non-possibly part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back