• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1096: "Kumachi" (Fan Translation)

You know, it make me wonder how the hell Whitebeard accepted and joined Rocks pirate in first place since he's genuinely the good guy compared to the others with the exception of Gloriosa and (likely) Stussy

he's genuinely the good guy compared to the others with the exception of Gloriosa and (likely) Stussy
Kaido was just a rookie at the time, Big Mom probably wasn't a bad person yet either (at least that's the feeling I get from Kaido's flashbacks of her). Others are kind of mysteries right now apart from Shiki, who was a megalomaniac (but still respected Roger)

You know, it make me wonder how the hell Whitebeard accepted and joined Rocks pirate in first place since he's genuinely the good guy compared to the others with the exception of Gloriosa and (likely) Stussy
Either he was simply defeated and force him to be part of his crew, or Rocks perharps its not necessarely as bad as Blackbeard.

The flashback gave me the feeling that Rocks its going to be a mix between Luffy and Teach when it come to personality.

This chapter was really sad, seeing how truly messed up the Celestial Dragons are and the kind of horrors they forced Kuma to endure. And despite all this, Kuma is still shown to be an outwardly peaceful, overall chill guy.

But what I'm most curious about is whether we'll finally get to see the legendary battle that took place in God Valley. We might finally get the chance to see Rocks fight against Roger and Garp, then a profile can finally be made for him. Even if we don't get back to the present battle for a while, I'd be more than happy if the next few chapters showed the full story of the God Valley incident.

Oda really blue balled use with god valley
Well, it's too early to tell if he's actually blue-balled us. We should wait for the upcoming chapters to say for sure. If we're lucky, it could be a spectacular battle that gives us more solid feats for Garp, Roger and Rocks. Considering Rocks took both of them to beat, he could very well be the strongest pirate in the verse so far, though that depends on whether we actually see his battle with them. But I have high hopes: this guy was so infamous, the World government tried to keep him under wraps, and when they try to keep something under wraps, you know it's important.

Well, it's too early to tell if he's actually blue-balled us. We should wait for the upcoming chapters to say for sure. If we're lucky, it could be a spectacular battle that gives us more solid feats for Garp, Roger and Rocks
I doubt it. I get the feeling that Oda is still developing the story of the God valley incident. We finally know the full pretext and cast of characters that participated in the incident. I think Oda is still working on the exact details of what happened and how (i.e. from whose POV) the flashback should be delivered

Unless Oda introduces us to Shiki soon, I think the actual God valley flashback will come from a dying Garp

It's got a possibility to come from one of the Elders. Or maybe Gloriosa, Bogard, Rayleigh, etc.
Elders - Highly Unlikely (they are the villains in the God valley incident)
Gloriosa, Rayleigh - Highly unlikely (they were secondary characters in God valley and they have basically played out their parts in the story, I don't see Oda bringing them back in for this)
Bogard - this is a long shot, but it could happen. Essentially Bogard could be the one relaying Garp's POV of the incident, now that we know he was there

Or it could be the surviving members of Rocks pirate like Wang Zhi/Ochoku that will tell us about God Valley incident, and maybe Stussy as well

Back